Malouda credits Scolari impact

Setanta

Malouda credits Scolari impact

by Joseph Caron Dawe, 09 October 2008

Florent Malouda has credited the arrival of Luiz Felipe Scolari at Stamford Bridge as being the reason for his newfound form for Chelsea.

The French winger joined The Blues from Lyon in the summer of 2007 and struggled in his first season at the club, but his displays this term have offered a glimpse of the talent that persuaded Chelsea to part with £13.5 million for the 28-year-old.

Scolari’s approach has given Malouda the freedom to express himself says the France international, who now feels settled after a rocky start to his Premier League career.

“I feel very good, now I can say I am really back from injury because my knee is okay and I am really fit,” Malouda told Chelsea’s official website.

“I am happy, I always wanted to play for this club and win something here. Last year was my first in England, I had to adapt and now I feel I am really integrated in this team, this club and I feel like I have always been here.

“I am really happy about my life in London, in Chelsea, and that's what I always wanted.”

Malouda was linked with a move to Liverpool when Chelsea were courting him last year, but he has also revealed Real Madrid were in the mix for his services before he settled on west London.

“Of course, when I came here I talked with (former Liverpool boss) Gerard Houllier and I had many clubs who wanted me; Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea. I asked him a few questions about the English league,” said Malouda.

“He told me if I have the opportunity to come here, don't hesitate because it was wonderful for him as a coach, and as a player it is something you have to do.

“So it was simple for me to decide because I have many friends at Chelsea; Didier (Drogba), Claude Makelele and Michael Essien, so for me the choice was simple.”

I've been impressed with Malouda so far this season. Then again, I said that this time last season. Just hope he keeps it up.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Malouda still very much up and down, but an improvement on last season for sure! Cole and Kalou would always be my prefered starting pair.

I think Kalou has more impact coming on as a sub atm. He's still a bit off the finished article, but he's definately improving with each game.

Malouda started really well at Chelsea and looked like he'd have a big impact but to be fair to him Avram Grant's arrival didn't do him any favours. If we're honest, Grant didn't have any idea who he should be picking, what system he should be playing, what instructions to give the players, etc and whilst some of the players could just get on and do what they'd been doing for the previous two or three years, the same didn't apply to any new players coming in. Consequently, when Malouda did play, he looked lost. This season though, we have a manager who knows exactly what he wants and therefore gives clear instructions - that's got to be a lot easier for players to work with and it's reflected on the pitch.

There's been a lot of improvement in quite a few of our players who've previously looked like they were underachieving. Malouda's definitely one of them.

It was obvious that Malouda didnt want to play for Grant. He was incredibly lazy and thats why the fans were properly on his back for the majority of the season.

He said after Jose left that Mourinho was one of the key reasons for him joining, and now that we have a highly regarded manager in charge again, he seems to have bucked his ideas up.

i think that Ashley and Malouda are forming quite a nice partnership at the moment and with Ash being given the freedom to go forward they are starting to understand how the other plays alot more

i hope he keeps it up too

i think that Ashley and Malouda are forming quite a nice partnership at the moment and with Ash being given the freedom to go forward they are starting to understand how the other plays alot more

i hope he keeps it up too

Ashley Cole is having a sensational season. He is working well with Malouda, Kalou or Cole.

But it is good to see that so many of our players have stepped their games up this season.