Didier Drogba

DYC.

If Drogba wants to stay, he has to accept a role on the bench. Torres-Sturridge is Chelsea's future.

I fear his ego will get in the way. It's been shown many times in the past that he wants to be the main striker. I cant see him being Chelsea's Kevin Phillips.

I fear his ego will get in the way. It's been shown many times in the past that he wants to be the main striker. I cant see him being Chelsea's Kevin Phillips.

Same, which is why a move to Marseille is in everyone's best interests. A sulky Didi is no good to us.

Been thinking about this ahead of Tottenham, and I've got to say, I think Carlo's handled Drogba very well.

We know Didi's got a bit of ego about him and Carlo's channeled it perfectly. Maybe he doesn't perform to what he can when he's starting all the time regardless of what he actually does on the pitch, so letting him simmer on the bench for a while in big games has proved to be the correct motivation he needed to get him firing again, and now there's no stopping him. Becoming unplayable again, like he is when in the mood.

A wog in Australia is someone from European background. Like Italian or Greek for example, that side of Europe. So i get called one on a regular basis.....

Not just European Steve. I don't know what it's like in Melbourne, but here in Sydney your a Wog if your not Anglo-Australian (White skinned). Me being of Lebanese background copped it growing up in a 95% Anglo school.. But the taunts stopped very quickly i can assure you.. :eyebrows:

I'm sorry but how is this great news? We keep playing an inconsistent 33 year old instead of a 21 year old who just got his first real chance, and can't stop scoring goals. Drogba can't play with Torres either, Just like he couldn't play with alot of players.

Don't forget him getting sent off in Moscow (would have been a penalty taker) and Inter. Throwing a tantrum when we were about to win the league and many many other things he's done.

I'm not denying what he has done for us, Hell, I loved the man last season, But its time to move on, We can't be relying on him anymore.

Drogba out, Sturridge in.

I'm sorry but how is this great news? We keep playing an inconsistent 33 year old instead of a 21 year old who just got his first real chance, and can't stop scoring goals. Drogba can't play with Torres either, Just like he couldn't play with alot of players.

Don't forget him getting sent off in Moscow (would have been a penalty taker) and Inter. Throwing a tantrum when we were about to win the league and many many other things he's done.

I'm not denying what he has done for us, Hell, I loved the man last season, But its time to move on, We can't be relying on him anymore.

Drogba out, Sturridge in.

Total agree.Drogba is our legend, but his time has come.This quotes from agent, but not for club.

The claim Drogba can't play with Torres & Sturridge has no evidence to back it up.

Drogba just emerged to form. Literally, just last month is when he started to recapture that deadly striker instinct we all knew he had & he hasn't been given the chance to properly build a partnership with Torres & Sturridge. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Torres hasn't even played a full 90minutes yet.. How can Drogba & Torres form even a shadow of a partnership if they're not given the time for it?

It's a total urban myth they can't play together. Let's give them 90minutes today and see what they can do..

The claim Drogba can't play with Torres & Sturridge has no evidence to back it up.

Drogba just emerged to form. Literally, just last month is when he started to recapture that deadly striker instinct we all knew he had & he hasn't been given the chance to properly build a partnership with Torres & Sturridge. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Torres hasn't even played a full 90minutes yet.. How can Drogba & Torres form even a shadow of a partnership if they're not given the time for it?

It's a total urban myth they can't play together. Let's give them 90minutes today and see what they can do..

Agree with that ... but I think this is not the time to tinker with what's been going well for us.

Agree with that ... but I think this is not the time to tinker with what's been going well for us.

That's true, but you've got to start somewhere. Pre-season isn't long/competitive enough & by the beginning of next season he may not be here!

Bring back The Tinker Man! :champions:

claudio-ranieri_1209677c.jpg

Drogba won't go to Marseille unless they pay him what he wants,which I doubt.

Why can't we have Sturridge,Drogs and torres in our squad? If we start with 2 of these 3 every match ,99% of the time Carlo always subs a striker for striker anyway so the player being benched will get time plus then there's the small matter of injuries. Let's not forget Torres is injury prone although we've not seen it yet.

Personally i'd like 2 up front next season. Drogs and Torres preferably starting and forming a partnership with Sturridge and a new signing on the bench and starting FA and mickey mouse cup games.

Drogba won't go to Marseille unless they pay him what he wants,which I doubt.

Why can't we have Sturridge,Drogs and torres in our squad? If we start with 2 of these 3 every match ,99% of the time Carlo always subs a striker for striker anyway so the player being benched will get time plus then there's the small matter of injuries. Let's not forget Torres is injury prone although we've not seen it yet.

Personally i'd like 2 up front next season. Drogs and Torres preferably starting and forming a partnership with Sturridge and a new signing on the bench and starting FA and mickey mouse cup games.

Absolutely agreed. Anelka to leave, which will give Sturridge far more game time.

Before say that Drogba should go to leave to the way to Torres, I would wait the end of the season and see what Torres is really able to do. Because at the moment, Torres is the worst striker we have at the club... And if he can't sort it out and improve his level, our so called futur partnership "Sturridge-Torres" won't exist (unless Roman wants so).