nachikethas
Followers 7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lovely little ball for the 4th that was.

Read an article today that shows at present his productivity with and without the ball is overall pretty poor compared to the other players in his position. He averages fewer tackles per 90 mins

Everyone has their opinion and I respect that but I just find his apprehension (if that's the right word) towards Pulisic somewhat bemusing. Loan him out to learn his trade? Really? If Pulisic was som

Posted Images

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It’s come to a point where the club needs to make a decision on him. Continue to invest in him in the hopes his injuries go away, or sell on. 

Feel like it will only come to that point next year, when Pulisic would only have 2 years left on his contract.

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It’s come to a point where the club needs to make a decision on him. Continue to invest in him in the hopes his injuries go away, or sell on. 

I dont know. I mean, theres got to be a way to get this guy fully fit. Surely. Now so more than ever we need someone with his characteristics as we don’t have anyone who can take opposition player’s out of the game in 1 v 1s bar him and Callum.

I know people wanted to compare him to Eden when he signed and whilst its unfair, his playing style looks similar and potentially his role here could be similar. He gets at folk, doesn’t seem afraid to take them on and I think this team needs someone who’s a bit more direct.

He has the potential to be our big player in the same way Eden was. He already showed after project re-start last season he was our best player in terms of talent and also making others around him look better, and whilst it hasnt happened for him this season I still have faith if hes fully fit, he is a huge part of this team. We wouldn’t of made top 4 without him last season for me personally. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont know. I mean, theres got to be a way to get this guy fully fit. Surely. Now so more than ever we need someone with his characteristics as we don’t have anyone who can take opposition player’s out of the game in 1 v 1s bar him and Callum.

I know people wanted to compare him to Eden when he signed and whilst its unfair, his playing style looks similar and potentially his role here could be similar. He gets at folk, doesn’t seem afraid to take them on and I think this team needs someone who’s a bit more direct.

He has the potential to be our big player in the same way Eden was. He already showed after project re-start last season he was our best player in terms of talent and also making others around him look better, and whilst it hasnt happened for him this season I still have faith if hes fully fit, he is a huge part of this team. We wouldn’t of made top 4 without him last season for me personally. 

Don't think anyone is really doubting his talent but the point is, how can we rely on a player that is injury prone? How can we rely on a player that somehow has injured himself twice this season alone by the most innocuous of sprints? 

The severity of this latest injury remains to be seen but the last time this happened at Burnley, he was out for a month and then it took him months to get back into some sort of form. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Don't think anyone is really doubting his talent but the point is, how can we rely on a player that is injury prone? How can we rely on a player that somehow has injured himself twice this season alone by the most innocuous of sprints? 

The severity of this latest injury remains to be seen but the last time this happened at Burnley, he was out for a month and then it took him months to get back into some sort of form. 

Look at what happened with Robben though. Was dogged with stupid injuries here as well as at Madrid, got over his injuries, got really fit at Bayern (ok still had a few issues towards the end of his career and maybe missed some games in a season but still) and became a proper world class player.

Theres no doubting the talent for sure, we’ve seen it, plus I always think about what happened with Arjen, I think hes worth the risk. If the other attackers weren’t doing so poorly nobody would be considering his place in the clubs long term plans I think. But because we were so reliant on him last season and probably would of been this season if he was fit, it makes the situation a bit more difficult. 

If Werner and Ziyech - would of put CHO in here but I think hes stepped up with Tuchel in patches and his lack of consistency is more to do with his overall development and Havertz also but hes still a kid although again you’d want more from him for the proce tag- had taken the load a bit and had produced much more, and we didnt look so void of ideas without him, I don’t think we would be as worried about him. 

There is/has been rumours that the club have been trying to figure out why he has suffered so many of these injuries since arriving and obviously knew his history before, so fingers crossed they can come up with something. Whether or not its hearsay or just generic BS who knows but I would think the club would be aware that there is maybe something deeper routed. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Look at what happened with Robben though. Was dogged with stupid injuries here as well as at Madrid, got over his injuries, got really fit at Bayern (ok still had a few issues towards the end of his career and maybe missed some games in a season but still) and became a proper world class player.

Theres no doubting the talent for sure, we’ve seen it, plus I always think about what happened with Arjen, I think hes worth the risk. If the other attackers weren’t doing so poorly nobody would be considering his place in the clubs long term plans I think. But because we were so reliant on him last season and probably would of been this season if he was fit, it makes the situation a bit more difficult. 

If Werner and Ziyech - would of put CHO in here but I think hes stepped up with Tuchel in patches and his lack of consistency is more to do with his overall development and Havertz also but hes still a kid although again you’d want more from him for the proce tag- had taken the load a bit and had produced much more, and we didnt look so void of ideas without him, I don’t think we would be as worried about him. 

There is/has been rumours that the club have been trying to figure out why he has suffered so many of these injuries since arriving and obviously knew his history before, so fingers crossed they can come up with something. Whether or not its hearsay or just generic BS who knows but I would think the club would be aware that there is maybe something deeper routed. 

At the risk of starting another debate of the quality of leagues, think it's easier for Bayern to get away with those injuries to Robben in the Bundesliga than we will with Pulisic in the Premier League.

We know the talent is there with Pulisic but given his injury record, it's debatable whether we can build the team around him or build the team with him being a key figure in the starting XI, because we can't keep having someone who plays 5 games, gets injured, misses 10 games and then takes I don't know 5-10 games to get back into some sort of form. 

I'm sure the club were aware of his injury record when they bought him and the physios etc are trying to figure out his injury problems but whether it's truly fixable is another question. Part of the reason why he was bought was also down to his nationality. Some players, unfortunately, are just injury prone in their career. If it can't be solved and he becomes like Robben, then we'll have the issues I mentioned above. 

Have we really looked devoid of ideas without Pulisic? I know we have been crap in the attacking third but I don't think it's gotten to the point where we can't make do without Pulisic. We have had good games this season under Tuchel and even Lampard without Pulisic playing. Let's not also forget that he played a lot of games from December till Lampard got the sack in January, for example, and nothing really changed then. And we were over reliant on Pulisic last season because he caught a purple patch and that Lampard started prioritizing short term results after the restart but I'd hate to see us being so reliant on one player again. 

And this is not an excuse, a praise or whatever but it's funny that Werner is not a creator and was bought to score goals but has more assists in all competitions than anyone in the team this season - 8 or 11, depending on whether you want to count penalties - while being the third highest goalscorer in the squad.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

At the risk of starting another debate of the quality of leagues, think it's easier for Bayern to get away with those injuries to Robben in the Bundesliga than we will with Pulisic in the Premier League.

We know the talent is there with Pulisic but given his injury record, it's debatable whether we can build the team around him or build the team with him being a key figure in the starting XI, because we can't keep having someone who plays 5 games, gets injured, misses 10 games and then takes I don't know 5-10 games to get back into some sort of form. 

I'm sure the club were aware of his injury record when they bought him and the physios etc are trying to figure out his injury problems but whether it's truly fixable is another question. Part of the reason why he was bought was also down to his nationality. Some players, unfortunately, are just injury prone in their career. If it can't be solved and he becomes like Robben, then we'll have the issues I mentioned above. 

Have we really looked devoid of ideas without Pulisic? I know we have been crap in the attacking third but I don't think it's gotten to the point where we can't make do without Pulisic. We have had good games this season under Tuchel and even Lampard without Pulisic playing. Let's not also forget that he played a lot of games from December till Lampard got the sack in January, for example, and nothing really changed then. And we were over reliant on Pulisic last season because he caught a purple patch and that Lampard started prioritizing short term results after the restart but I'd hate to see us being so reliant on one player again. 

And this is not an excuse, a praise or whatever but it's funny that Werner is not a creator and was bought to score goals but has more assists in all competitions than anyone in the team this season - 8 or 11, depending on whether you want to count penalties - while being the third highest goalscorer in the squad.

Perhaps. Also Bayern had that well renowned medical team and the Dr/chief medical officer who was pretty much seen as a revolutionary in terms of sports medicine and science. I think he has found some interesting cures for other elite sportsmen and footballers to get over injuries. 

And again I do agree, he needs to be playing regularly. Or find a way to cut down the inevitable run of games he seems to need to get up to speed but I suppose that is also matched up to his injuries at times and getting match fitness.

I just think hes able to give us something different, like Hudson-Odoi also, in terms of being able to take the ball and beat players to create spaces. And theres been plenty of games where this sort of thing is exactly what we need, particularly against low blocks, someone to isolate a player and get past them. The playing through these is also critical but I think, these guys, who are able to size someone up in a 1 v 1 are still as valuable  as these players who pick the ball up and play between the lines or the passes in behind a team. Theres just been games where these passes dont happen or theres no space and you want someone who can come on beat a man or two and make something out of nothing in and around the box, Pulisic has that skillset and it could be a huge asset. 

While the majority of those 8 assists Timo has, have came after November (6 I think?), only 3 have been under TT and he’s played virtually 90% of the games. I must admit, obviously I am disappointed Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz dont have much this season as well as Werner. Ziyech particularly I felt would of added something different and actually complimented playing with a Pulisic for instance. A more direct winger who excels in 1 v 1s then someone who maybe could be seen more as a wide 10 than an actual winger. There are signs hes warming up though slightly.

Edited by OneMoSalah
40 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps. Also Bayern had that well renowned medical team and the Dr/chief medical officer who was pretty much seen as a revolutionary in terms of sports medicine and science. I think he has found some interesting cures for other elite sportsmen and footballers to get over injuries. 

And again I do agree, he needs to be playing regularly. Or find a way to cut down the inevitable run of games he seems to need to get up to speed but I suppose that is also matched up to his injuries at times and getting match fitness.

I just think hes able to give us something different, like Hudson-Odoi also, in terms of being able to take the ball and beat players to create spaces. And theres been plenty of games where this sort of thing is exactly what we need, particularly against low blocks, someone to isolate a player and get past them. The playing through these is also critical but I think, these guys, who are able to size someone up in a 1 v 1 are still as valuable  as these players who pick the ball up and play between the lines or the passes in behind a team. Theres just been games where these passes dont happen or theres no space and you want someone who can come on beat a man or two and make something out of nothing in and around the box, Pulisic has that skillset and it could be a huge asset. 

I can't tell if you're being hopeful or clutching at straws. 😛

Agree with your points there but pretty sure Pulisic isn't the only player around that can do what he does. Since people like to talk about swap deals, I saw some suggestions elsewhere about doing a Pulisic-Sancho swap. If doable, would you take it? Not saying we should give up on him yet and I don't think anything is gonna happen with him this summer but if injuries continued to plague him over the next year or so, then we might have to start thinking of alternatives. 

45 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

While the majority of those 8 assists Timo has, have came after November (6 I think?), only 3 have been under TT and he’s played virtually 90% of the games. I must admit, obviously I am disappointed Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz dont have much this season as well as Werner. Ziyech particularly I felt would of added something different and actually complimented playing with a Pulisic for instance. A more direct winger who excels in 1 v 1s then someone who maybe could be seen more as a wide 10 than an actual winger. There are signs hes warming up though slightly.

Yes, 3 excluding penalties (6 otherwise) under Tuchel and that's still more than anyone in that same period, I think. He may have played more than Ziyech, Pulisic and Havertz but less than Mount. So... 🤷‍♂️ 

Does playing Pulisic on one side and Ziyech on the other really work? I remember Lampard tried to replicate the Quincy Promes(IIRC)-Ziyech combo with Werner-Ziyech earlier this season. Ziyech would look to make the passes or crosses(!!!) from the right while Werner makes the runs from the left to get on the end of those balls. 

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I must admit, obviously I am disappointed Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz dont have much this season as well as Werner.

Havertz is not that bad. Werner has 8 assists and won 3 penalties. Havertz has 5 assists and won 2 pens. But played +1100 less minutes. Which is more than 12 games.

I am happy with Werner about this. Definitely the best thing about his game this season.

And I am not surprised with this. Last season in Leipzig he also had more assists than any Chelsea player in 19/20 season. 

So, it was just a scare and not an injury but this quote from Tuchel highlights the fragility of Pulisic's hamstring problem...

He has tweeked his hamstring so much I am sure he knows to the minute when it will cramp and tear. Not a good thing, it probably gets in his head.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lad's entire summer should be focused on hamstring strengthening. 

He should learn the nordic hamstring curl. absurdly effective strengthening and lengthening exercise for the hams. Always used to have niggling hamstring tendons but completely shut them down once I learned the Nordic.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He should learn the nordic hamstring curl. absurdly effective strengthening and lengthening exercise for the hams. Always used to have niggling hamstring tendons but completely shut them down once I learned the Nordic.

Yup. That specific exercise cured Micah Richard's hamstring issues. Turns your proximal hamstrings into metal, vastly reducing the number of issues within the entire hamstring. 

• Cool 1
29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yup. That specific exercise cured Micah Richard's hamstring issues. Turns your proximal hamstrings into metal, vastly reducing the number of issues within the entire hamstring. 

That method has been around, right? One would think the medical staff - be it ours, Dortmund's or USMNT - would have explored that option for Pulisic by now?

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

That method has been around, right? One would think the medical staff - be it ours, Dortmund's or USMNT - would have explored that option for Pulisic by now?

The Nordic hamstring curl itself is ancient but relatively new in preventive physiotherapy. Relatively new in such a field means like 10 years tho. Still bar Micah Richards I have never seen a football player perform it. One has to keep in mind that a lot of the conditioning routines that are used in English (and German for that matter) top flight football are very outdated. Just look at the pre-match warm up stretching routines they do. Those are rather traditional to say the least. We used to do the very same routines in our kids' footy matches 20 years ago.  A lot of those stretches are proven to be ineffective or even harmful esp the way they warm up their hip flexors and mobilize their spines.

Hence, I do think that clubs all over Europe would benefit from more progressive methods that sadly arrive in Europe with a bit of time lag. US sports trainers and therapists appear to be a lot more advanced. That being said, the Nordic curl is a very advanced exercise even for elite athletes. I have been doing fitness and strength training for 10 years now and can not yet do a full ROM Nordic after months of practice. Amidst all the travelling and regular training it will take a dedicated and concerted effort from the conditioning staff to work him through a progression. Usually off-season as @MoroccanBlue said would be the perfect opportunity to learn the movement. So whilst even the Nordic can not protect you from injury through trauma it shold prevent all those strains Pulisic suffers without impact. So, I do think that Pulisic is unlikely to have mastered the Nordic yet but he would profit greatly from it.

Edited by Magic Lamps
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The Nordic hamstring curl itself is ancient but relatively new in preventive physiotherapy. Relatively new in such a field means like 10 years tho. Still bar Micah Richards I have never seen a football player perform it. One has to keep in mind that a lot of the conditioning routines that are used in English (and German for that matter) top flight football are very outdated. Just look at the pre-match warm up stretching routines they do. Those are rather traditional to say the least. We used to do the very same routines in our kids' footy matches 20 years ago.  A lot of those stretches are proven to be ineffective or even harmful esp the way they warm up their hip flexors and mobilize their spines.

Hence, I do think that clubs all over Europe would benefit from more progressive methods that sadly arrive in Europe with a bit of time lag. US sports trainers and therapists appear to be a lot more advanced. That being said, the Nordic curl is a very advanced exercise even for elite athletes. I have been doing fitness and strength training for 10 years now and can not yet do a full ROM Nordic after months of practice. Amidst all the travelling and regular training it will take a dedicated and concerted effort from the conditioning staff to work him through a progression. Usually off-season as @MoroccanBlue said would be the perfect opportunity to learn the movement. So whilst even the Nordic can not protect you from injury through trauma it shold prevent all those strains Pulisic suffers without impact. So, I do think that Pulisic is unlikely to have mastered the Nordic yet but he would profit greatly from it.

Riyad Mahrez used to do this excercise at Leicester. I also want to learn the nordic, but without a partner or a nordic bench, I can't do this excercise. 

11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Riyad Mahrez used to do this excercise at Leicester. I also want to learn the nordic, but without a partner or a nordic bench, I can't do this excercise. 

Maybe you can try to knot each end of a towel and slide them under a door so there is a sling on the other side of the door where you can put your feet through.

• Like 1

Based on last 4 games (he played just once more than 45 minutes) he is slowly getting back. 

Last season he won his place from the bench. I feel he is doing it now again. 

We need for last part of the season best possible Pulisic, we saw what he can do in restart.