Christian Pulisic

the wes

The way he drew Mendy in and bombed away from him was just superb.
He's going become very special at this club
Yeh it was sexy. But that finish though - who else in the current squad would we expect to slot that in the bottom corner from outside the box?!

I was so impressed by the finish because it's a textbook chance we miss lol

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Puli's pace is great but what I didn't know much before this season was how crafty he is to create separation from the defender. His quickness off the first touch followed by his pace make him dangerous. Kyle Walker was lost at times trying to mark Puli today and he's no slouch in terms of speed...

If Puli can fill out and consistently finish he can absolutely be world class.

Lampard on Pulisic...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/06/26/lampard-praises-his-team-s-work-ethic--sets-challenge-to-his-pla?cardIndex=0-0

‘Christian came in last summer, and he didn’t really get a break. When he got in the team he was doing really well and then he got a really tough injury.

‘I wanted to protect him a bit against Villa and see if he could make an impact. He did that. I always planned to start him against City because I know what he can bring in these sorts of games. He brought it and did really well. He’s a young player, he’s got so much talent, and he needs to keep working. He can get better and better.'

Something else I noticed yesterday, guys. Pulisic did a hell of a job shutting down Walker ON DEFENSE. Walker did not try to take Pulisic to the outside one time - he knew he didn't have the pace. And this took away any crossing game City wanted. Something very sublime but important in a tight game. The little things, lads. The little things.

This kid is a straight baller. His potential is sky high. To think he is soo young still with soo much time to grow....if he stays fit we reallt do have a player on our hands here. Reckon he should hit the gym and bulk up a tiny bit whilst he is still gorwing and by the time he is 26, he will be a bigger more matured player.

16 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The way he drew Mendy in and bombed away from him was just superb.

He's going become very special at this club

Good call. The stutter down was key (and was done so sublimely) as it caused a slight hesitation from Mendy - you hesitate for one second against Pulisic and he will blow by you and leave you in his dust. Exactly what he did. I loved his finish. World class to curl that ball just inside the right post. 

13 hours ago, USATim said:

Do you guys in the UK think us Americans have an accent? Always wondered that.

I am not from UK. We have here people from all over the globe.

Well, depends, surely Southern accent sounds differently, I also know Boston and New Jersey accent. There are many in US. 

Pulisic sounds regularly to me. I should have said maybe I like his voice not accent :halo:

Good call. The stutter down was key (and was done so sublimely) as it caused a slight hesitation from Mendy - you hesitate for one second against Pulisic and he will blow by you and leave you in his dust. Exactly what he did. I loved his finish. World class to curl that ball just inside the right post. 
The precision of his finish was so sexy it outdid the dribble for me.

Loving him bust a gut for those near post runs to.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's almost criminal how no one picked Pulisic out with a pass when he took up a good position. 

If only Fabregas was a few years younger and still playing for us. The likes of Pulisic, Werner would have a field day latching onto Fabregas' passes!

Ziyech and Werner can't come soon enough, i expect great things from the trio Pulisic-Werner-Ziyech