Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

10. Christian Pulisic


nachikethas
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

That was always going to happen when we started buying serious players again.... fuk the youth buy every 1!!!!!! Its embarrassing 
Well yeah we knew that was coming. It's the problem with a lot of our fan base and the reason we get called plastics.

Because as soon as one kid has a bad game (apparently?) everyone wants to sell them and buy "insert player here who had a great game recently"

Nothing wrong with buying players to get better and improve the squad like we've done, we don't wanna be a team of just home grown talent. We are here to win things. But the expectation that anyone who is a work in progress should just be ousted is a joke. Especially someone who has come through our academy was a general consensus top 5 player (higher in my opinion) last season and is only 21.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lovely little ball for the 4th that was.

Read an article today that shows at present his productivity with and without the ball is overall pretty poor compared to the other players in his position. He averages fewer tackles per 90 mins

This is why I think he will make it eventually. Not just a pace merchant but highly intelligent player. To see the run from Michy in his back, move the ball just that inch to get the angle for the pas

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

That was always going to happen when we started buying serious players again.... fuk the youth buy every 1!!!!!! Its embarrassing 

 

18 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Well yeah we knew that was coming. It's the problem with a lot of our fan base and the reason we get called plastics.

Because as soon as one kid has a bad game (apparently?) everyone wants to sell them and buy "insert player here who had a great game recently"

Nothing wrong with buying players to get better and improve the squad like we've done, we don't wanna be a team of just home grown talent. We are here to win things. But the expectation that anyone who is a work in progress should just be ousted is a joke. Especially someone who has come through our academy was a general consensus top 5 player (higher in my opinion) last season and is only 21.

So the club needs to big up youth players like some second tier feeder club just for us not to be plastics? Weird logic. I want the club to be successful. And for the record i am not against Mount per se but playing him out of position when there are better players or solutions available is niether fair to him nor the team. Mount was one of our best players last season but we weren't brilliant idnividually last season bar Kovacic, Pulisic and giroud overall. I dont hate Mount i just dont think he is the type of player to bring us forward now or in the future. There is only so much you can become with the talent he has. Keep as squad player or sell. same as Tammy. Some youth players are good some not. It's a myth that bc our academy teams are successful, the youth players are pro material. 99% wont make it at the top. There is no vlaue in promoting all of them jsut for the hell of it. I dont think we can sustain success by promoting more than 2 or 3 per season while giving them sufficien minutes given they are actually talented enough.

RJ on the other hand, I have gone on the record in saying he willl go to the very top if he stays injury free and I stand by that. I could even see Conor Gallagher maybe making the cut bc of his versatility and superior technical and physical characteristics compared to e.g. Mount. I think if we want to build the team around Havertz, Werner and Pulisic, we cant have Mount playing much of a role. He is terrible in the 3 behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 and I dont see 4-3-3 getting the best out of Werner or Havertz. If Mount is ok with staying a squad player for his enitre career he can gladly stay. Lampard will see that Mount's ceiling wont allow him to go to the very top sooner or later. Lampard may be a slow learner but he will learn eventually as he did with Barkley and Jorginho.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

 

So the club needs to big up youth players like some second tier feeder club just for us not to be plastics? Weird logic. I want the club to be successful. And for the record i am not against Mount per se but playing him out of position when there are better players or solutions available is niether fair to him nor the team. Mount was one of our best players last season but we weren't brilliant idnividually last season bar Kovacic, Pulisic and giroud overall. I dont hate Mount i just dont think he is the type of player to bring us forward now or in the future. There is only so much you can become with the talent he has. Keep as squad player or sell. same as Tammy. Some youth players are good some not. It's a myth that bc our academy teams are successful, the youth players are pro material. 99% wont make it at the top. There is no vlaue in promoting all of them jsut for the hell of it. I dont think we can sustain success by promoting more than 2 or 3 per season while giving them sufficien minutes given they are actually talented enough.

RJ on the other hand, I have gone on the record in saying he willl go to the very top if he stays injury free and I stand by that. I could even see Conor Gallagher maybe making the cut bc of his versatility and superior technical and physical characteristics compared to e.g. Mount. I think if we want to build the team around Havertz, Werner and Pulisic, we cant have Mount playing much of a role. He is terrible in the 3 behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 and I dont see 4-3-3 getting the best out of Werner or Havertz. If Mount is ok with staying a squad player for his enitre career he can gladly stay. Lampard will see that Mount's ceiling wont allow him to go to the very top sooner or later. Lampard may be a slow learner but he will learn eventually as he did with Barkley and Jorginho.

So are you saying mount isn't talented enough? Because u just said he was good last season?  Also I may be in the minority here but I'd prefer to see mount grow and succeed as a player rather than havertz! Not that I don't wannavse havertz grow and improve. But am sorry we was in the shot last season with the transfer ban, and mount stepped up as a fan it made me very proud.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites



So the club needs to big up youth players like some second tier feeder club just for us not to be plastics? Weird logic. I want the club to be successful. And for the record i am not against Mount per se but playing him out of position when there are better players or solutions available is niether fair to him nor the team. Mount was one of our best players last season but we weren't brilliant idnividually last season bar Kovacic, Pulisic and giroud overall. I dont hate Mount i just dont think he is the type of player to bring us forward now or in the future. There is only so much you can become with the talent he has. Keep as squad player or sell. same as Tammy. Some youth players are good some not. It's a myth that bc our academy teams are successful, the youth players are pro material. 99% wont make it at the top. There is no vlaue in promoting all of them jsut for the hell of it. I dont think we can sustain success by promoting more than 2 or 3 per season while giving them sufficien minutes given they are actually talented enough.
RJ on the other hand, I have gone on the record in saying he willl go to the very top if he stays injury free and I stand by that. I could even see Conor Gallagher maybe making the cut bc of his versatility and superior technical and physical characteristics compared to e.g. Mount. I think if we want to build the team around Havertz, Werner and Pulisic, we cant have Mount playing much of a role. He is terrible in the 3 behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 and I dont see 4-3-3 getting the best out of Werner or Havertz. If Mount is ok with staying a squad player for his enitre career he can gladly stay. Lampard will see that Mount's ceiling wont allow him to go to the very top sooner or later. Lampard may be a slow learner but he will learn eventually as he did with Barkley and Jorginho.


Don't have to big them up at all, but don't have to write players off after 3 games. I'm not sure why he is getting singled out by the other guy in every single thread as if he's at fault for the losses.

Again. He's 21 he ain't even close to his peak so how you can say any of that about his ceiling is mental.

He's not terrible wide. And who are these much better options we have wide? Callum is the only option we have. And we've all watched him not take any of his chances the last 2 years. So saying he is a much better option wide against a team like Liverpool when we were gonna have to do a lot of defending is mental. The way we set up to play the game mount was the better option. Vs Brighton I would have played CHO personally. But it wasn't a crazy alternative.

How anyone can say mount staying and being a squad player the rest of his career is amazing given his age. Especially when you just said he was one of our best players last year.

By that logic, havertz has been one of our worse players in 135 mins of football this season so we should sell him as well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hutcho said:


 

 


Don't have to big them up at all, but don't have to write players off after 3 games. I'm not sure why he is getting singled out by the other guy in every single thread as if he's at fault for the losses.

Again. He's 21 he ain't even close to his peak so how you can say any of that about his ceiling is mental.

He's not terrible wide. And who are these much better options we have wide? Callum is the only option we have. And we've all watched him not take any of his chances the last 2 years. So saying he is a much better option wide against a team like Liverpool when we were gonna have to do a lot of defending is mental. The way we set up to play the game mount was the better option. Vs Brighton I would have played CHO personally. But it wasn't a crazy alternative.

How anyone can say mount staying and being a squad player the rest of his career is amazing given his age. Especially when you just said he was one of our best players last year.

By that logic, havertz has been one of our worse players in 135 mins of football this season so we should sell him as well.
 

 

It’s not based on 3games but a season+3 games. And he might be 21 but you can see what he lacks in talent and physical attributes  is what determines his ceiling. albeit he makes up for it to some extent with his work rate he will never be world class. 
i am not talking about Cho As the better solution but Werner on the left and Giroud through the middle . Mount is useless on the Wing which we knew before. 

Havertz is a different animal. A possibly generational talent. A few starting difficulties were to be expected. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

anyway,,at dortmund in 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19 his best position is RW. so,,i don't mind if CHO get loaned out there as long as ziyech and pulisic didn't get injured at the same time.

so we can play werner at left and abraham would get more chance and delicious asisst from werner - kai - puli/ziyech all season. so 5 AM (kai, timo, puli, ziyech and mount) for 3 spot is more than safe i think...

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

It’s not based on 3games but a season+3 games. And he might be 21 but you can see what he lacks in talent and physical attributes  is what determines his ceiling. albeit he makes up for it to some extent with his work rate he will never be world class. 

i am not talking about Cho As the better solution but Werner on the left and Giroud through the middle . Mount is useless on the Wing which we knew before. 

Havertz is a different animal. A possibly generational talent. A few starting difficulties were to be expected. 

 

But you agreed he was one of our best players last season as a 20/21 year old.

 

Again way too early to say anything about ceiling based on talent and physical attributes. If he was 25 then maybe you'd have a point

.

If everyone's fit I wouldn't start mount in our current best XI. But to go say that after 3 games we should sell mount as he has hit his ceiling and lacks the talent etc etc I think is ridiculous.

 

But we'll see. I'm not gonna keep arguing this point as its boring to argue.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 4:55 AM, Hutcho said:

Well yeah we knew that was coming. It's the problem with a lot of our fan base and the reason we get called plastics.

Because as soon as one kid has a bad game (apparently?) everyone wants to sell them and buy "insert player here who had a great game recently"

Nothing wrong with buying players to get better and improve the squad like we've done, we don't wanna be a team of just home grown talent. We are here to win things. But the expectation that anyone who is a work in progress should just be ousted is a joke. Especially someone who has come through our academy was a general consensus top 5 player (higher in my opinion) last season and is only 21.

I kinda new very quickly mount will become something like Willian or Oscar. Hated by fans but coach favorite. Fans will moan about his performance, yet he start again the next game. 😁😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, communicate said:

I kinda new very quickly mount will become something like Willian or Oscar. Hated by fans but coach favorite. Fans will moan about his performance, yet he start again the next game. 😁😁

So all it takes is some manager down the line to oust Mount then? :ph34r:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Valdo said:

He's probably on his way to be Robben 2.0, a very good player but he will miss 25% of each season due to injuries or precautions.

Robben still managed to be world class most of his career and scored a CL winning goal. Would be happy with Pulisic having the same ROI

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...