Christian Pulisic

the wes

Honestly I still don't think Abraham or Pulisic are extraordinary talents. Lampard improves them and they want to get better unlike some irresponsible lackadaisical young players, they have the drive to get better. Pulisic himself says that they work a lot on his finishing.

This is a great combination for us. A manager who can improve young players and young players determined and talented enough to get better as we can not spend like PSG or Real.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Halfway there, sort of. The most he's scored for Dortmund in a season was 7 in 2018/19 and the most he's assisted for them in one season was 13 in 2016/17. 

that 2016/17 Dortmund team was a joy to watch

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/27/christian-pulisic-staking-claim-fill-void-left-eden-hazard-chelsea/

Pulisic, more than anyone, has benefited from Lampard’s influence and his decision to ignore outside pressures and introduce the 21-year-old American to the Premier League slowly.

On just his fourth start, and first since the last day of August, the US captain claimed a hat-trick inside an hour, perfectly dispatched via left foot, right foot and head.

Given the focus placed on “Captain America” in his homeland, the outpouring of relief was tangible.

“Of course there is a sense of relief, you could see that in my emotions after the first goal,” said Pulisic. “That relief of getting my first goal and being able to help my team at this level.

“I wanted to be on the field as much as I could right from the start. That is everyone’s goal.

“But I didn’t come here expecting everything to be easy, to have an easy route and start every game. So I came in had to work for my spot just like everyone does. I’m proud of the journey that I’ve had so far.”

On 10/27/2019 at 0:51 PM, nyikolajevics said:

I don't want to play the "I told you" card but it's funny how everyone is happy with him now. In January, he was only a marketing move, injury prone, average... Ronaldo left MU at the age of 24, he reached his prime years later. Just check his statistics at the age of 20.. Also Agüero, Suarez, Messi, Sterling, Salah, Firmino, Mané, Griezmann, Neymar and many more.. None of them reached their prime at the age of 20.

Ofc Pulisic still can be a flop - André Schürle scored a PL hattrick for us too :D - but he clearly got the talent and skills, we have to be patient, he might end up a world class product in a couple of years.

Messi was the best player in the world at the age of 21 though, so next year 😏😏

I am one of many or some people here who said that Puli is not ready. Not sure last game change anything. Physically he is just too weak right now but if you want to get the best out of him right now play him on the left, with Alonso playing wide and attacking, Puli can play more inside and higher. 

On 27/10/2019 at 6:51 AM, nyikolajevics said:

I don't want to play the "I told you" card but it's funny how everyone is happy with him now. In January, he was only a marketing move, injury prone, average... Ronaldo left MU at the age of 24, he reached his prime years later. Just check his statistics at the age of 20.. Also Agüero, Suarez, Messi, Sterling, Salah, Firmino, Mané, Griezmann, Neymar and many more.. None of them reached their prime at the age of 20.

Ofc Pulisic still can be a flop - André Schürle scored a PL hattrick for us too :D - but he clearly got the talent and skills, we have to be patient, he might end up a world class product in a couple of years.

I did not trust in his ability and I thought this was 70-80% a marketing move because the little I have seen of him at Dortmund he looked like your average Joe, but maybe I was not lucky enough and I picked the wrong matches where he had a bad day. 

There is raw talent and ability and now the next step for our young players, not only for Pulisic, is to hit that gym and bulk up because, apart from tactics and all the skills, that's one of the secrets of this game. Take Liverpool's front three compared to where they were when they arrived there, now they are strong and imposing and are an even bigger threat and all this w/o losing their pace (Salah, Mane). 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/28/christian-pulisics-impressive-chelsea-hat-trick-probably-shouldnt/

He only scored because he went against the manager and was out of position...........Ffs!    :0)

" This is something Hazard used to do a lot and can be detrimental to the team, pushing fellow forwards out of the way to accommodate his own attacking desires and leaving the space wide and behind vulnerable to counters. Did Lampard really gift Pulisic, a player who has had to work to break into the team this season, the amount of freedom he took? "

3 hours ago, guddy6969 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/28/christian-pulisics-impressive-chelsea-hat-trick-probably-shouldnt/

He only scored because he went against the manager and was out of position...........Ffs!    :0)

" This is something Hazard used to do a lot and can be detrimental to the team, pushing fellow forwards out of the way to accommodate his own attacking desires and leaving the space wide and behind vulnerable to counters. Did Lampard really gift Pulisic, a player who has had to work to break into the team this season, the amount of freedom he took? "

Media: Why isn't Pulisic playing? 

*Pulisic scores a hat-trick*

Also the media: Was Pulisic lucky to score? Did Pulisic abandon post? 

:doh: 

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

Andy Gray isn't wrong to question how we would react when things aren't going well for us in games, especially in the big ones and we've played only a few of them so far but at the same time, it's almost as if they didn't watch us play against United and Liverpool (twice). Yes, we did not win any of them but we didn't wave the white flag in those games and if anything, we should have won them!

I am not sure who NBCSN is using for their halftime show, but one guy is a former Arsenal player and it really pains him to say anything good about Chelsea. It reminds me of what I read from Howard Zinn; Every writer has a bias, it helps to understand their writing when they are truthful about their bias. I think the same applies to sport media.

8 hours ago, guddy6969 said:

" This is something Hazard used to do a lot and can be detrimental to the team, pushing fellow forwards out of the way to accommodate his own attacking desires and leaving the space wide and behind vulnerable to countersDid Lampard really gift Pulisic, a player who has had to work to break into the team this season, the amount of freedom he took? "

He scored a hattrick. Fuck sake. His contribution was decisive to win us the game regardless of if it "was detrimental to the team, pushing forwards out the way etc" or not.

Also, did you watch or see any of Derby last season? Their fullbacks got high and wide, wingers tucked inside and interchange, same as we seen so far.

Also considering how our attacking players have more played as a unit than they have in a while and not as individuals again, I dont see where your getting this potentially detrimental to the team crap from. Suppose there was always gonna be one, guy scores a fucking hattrick yet there's an issue and his movement or found freedom is potentially being detrimental to the team 😂 god almighty think I need a break from the internet.

On 26/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, Jason said:

I first heard this on Match of The Day, when Gary Lineaker said that Puli was the youngest Chelsea player ever to score a hattrick. No mention of the "in the Premier League bit". Of course that made me ask, "You what?" Jimmy Greaves was younger than Puli is now when he left Chelsea. By then he had scored five in a game three times, four in a game three other times, and seven more hattricks on top of those. We'll give Gary that he meant ever in the Premier League.