nachikethas
Followers 7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lovely little ball for the 4th that was.

Read an article today that shows at present his productivity with and without the ball is overall pretty poor compared to the other players in his position. He averages fewer tackles per 90 mins

I see he wears No. 22. Hopefully he will keep it at the Bridge.  You know what I mean.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I agree but again Willian and Mount just come off the back of a very good performance and maybe he thought not to alter a winning team? Plus Willian has alongside Puli and Giroud been one of our best players since the restart.

But it doesn't change the fact that Mount is not going give us consistent goal contribution and the same goes for Willian. Goals are goals but his goals since the restart have come from penalties and a free kick. And for all the good performances Mount has put in, it's worth noting that he has been subbed off a couple of times recently - HT at Leicester and Sheffield United, in the 59th minute at Liverpool. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Although we all thought it was a mistake but he is stubborn as weve seen this season with the back 3. When it works one game he tends to keep it next, which ok to keep continuity and consistently picking the team maybe but then he changes again and it contradicts that potential reason. 

So much for that 150 IQ...

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont think this game would have suited Loftus-Cheek he would of probably came on in the MF 2 and I dont think you can account for him definitely putting the hard hards in the other way. Well thats my opinion. Although if it were 4231 he could have come on in the 10 position aye or even in a 433 being the more advanced player in MF but I think the 343 definitely let Alonso and James get into better positions, as they had more security (well not really the best way to put it haha) with the 3 behind them. Plus for all the Jorginho bashing last night and today he kept finding Alonso out on the left with ease and also James received the ball a lot in their half. I think the plan was again try get it wide and get it in to the box as weve seen a lot recently.

The point is, we might as well have thrown the kitchen sink at Liverpool and taken whatever risks. We were already losing at that point anyway and Liverpool were having so much joy against back 3. Change the system and give them something different to think about. Instead, Lampard was seen smiling/laughing with someone at one point and looked like he could care less about what was going on. 

You mentioned Alonso...then what the hell was late sub for Emerson for?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

There will be agents, high powered execs and club officials in that discussion before it's decided, but why not stick with 22 and establish a legacy number of his own? Some people have managed to get out from Pele's shadow; Best made no. 7 a big thing, Michael Jordan made his number almost as famous as Pele's despite playing what is a minority sport when compared to football. There's no danger Pulli can make 22 as big as 10 or 23 but he can create a strong association of his own. I'd advise him to stick with the number he's worn his entire professional career.

Problem is he plays as No.10 for the US national team. 

• Like 1

Pulisic is pure magic. His assist and goal of yesterday against Liverpool reminds me of Messi, Hazard, or Ronaldo. And the guy is only 21. 

@American fellows, is Pulisic making his name in the USA? I understand that football/soccer is not as much popular in the US as in Europe, but here we are talking about one of the most talented, if not the most talented American player you ever had, playing in a top European club in the most competitive league. A Golden boy.  I just hope his career won't be plagued with injuries. That's also likely the reason Lampard does not want to play him for 90 minutes unless he is totally fit.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

That's also likely the reason Lampard does not want to play him for 90 minutes unless he is totally fit.

TBF, I doubt any manager would play anyone who has had a knock and isn't 100% fit for 90 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Has he won a major trophy yet?

Won the DFB Pokal in his second season as a first team player at Dortmund. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Strike said:

Kovacic for player of the season but despite injuries, Pulisic is a close second

I think we cannot justify picking Kovacic over Puli because of playing time.

Kovacic in PL played 1989 minutes. Pulisic 1649 mins. So not much difference.

Kovacic has been great this season but still we usually come here to praise or criticize players after games and you can see this season long periods on Kovacic thread when no one post anything.

He is consistent and regular performer but this tells also something.

Pulisic is number one this season, Kova second. Willian, Azpi after them. Ok Giroud did not have much playing time but every time he performed he was great.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Problem is he plays as No.10 for the US national team. 

Interesting. Is that so even in tournament play? As a protest against international breaks, which I loathe, I only watch international tournaments and completely ignore in-season matches. Last time I noticed however, run-of-the-mill international fixtures tend to feature starters wearing 1 to 11 don't they? There is room for more flexibility during tournaments, but I've known some coaches to resist pandering to marketing preferences. For example, some just go with alphabetical order, or at least some have done in the past.

National associations, like the FA, are not immune to exploiting famous shirt numbers in their own marketing however.

3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Interesting. Is that so even in tournament play? As a protest against international breaks, which I loathe, I only watch international tournaments and completely ignore in-season matches. Last time I noticed however, run-of-the-mill  international fixtures tend to feature starters wearing 1 to 11 don't they?  There is room for more flexibility during tournaments, but I've known some coaches to resist pandering to marketing preferences. For example, some just go with alphabetical order.

As far as I am aware he plays No.10 whenever. Essentially the No.10 shirt, as far as I understand, in the US is always given to the best attacking player. Although, US sports have a myriad of numbers used, typically US players will revert to traditional numbers for older sports/sports with established numbering. 

For me, he will get whatever No. He wants as he is by far and away the most commercially lucrative player we have had since I can remember. You may be right in that he will try to make something of 22 but my feeling is that he will go to 10 when it opens up. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

As far as I am aware he plays No.10 whenever. Essentially the No.10 shirt, as far as I understand, in the US is always given to the best attacking player. Although, US sports have a myriad of numbers used, typically US players will revert to traditional numbers for older sports/sports with established numbering. 

For me, he will get whatever No. He wants as he is by far and away the most commercially lucrative player we have had since I can remember. You may be right in that he will try to make something of 22 but my feeling is that he will go to 10 when it opens up. 

I see. Well, if he wants 10, I see no reason why he shouldn't get it. For now however, Willian is yet to take up an alternative offer so it seems he's still holding out hope of keeping it for a few seasons more.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I see. Well, if he wants 10, I see no reason why he shouldn't get it. For now however, willian is yet to take up an alternative offer so it seems he's still holding out hope of keeping it for a few seasons more.

Yes, lets see. Personally, I think Willian is gone. Rumour mill has him being offer £200k+ a week at Le Arse for three years. It will be hard for him to turn that down if it is true. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Yes, lets see. Personally, I think Willian is gone. Rumour mill has him being offer £200k+ a week at Le Arse for three years. It will be hard for him to turn that down if it is true. 

He will grab that on the spot, we aint giving him 3 years and nor should we.

13 hours ago, BXL70 said:

Pulisic is pure magic. His assist and goal of yesterday against Liverpool reminds me of Messi, Hazard, or Ronaldo. And the guy is only 21. 

@American fellows, is Pulisic making his name in the USA? I understand that football/soccer is not as much popular in the US as in Europe, but here we are talking about one of the most talented, if not the most talented American player you ever had, playing in a top European club in the most competitive league. A Golden boy.  I just hope his career won't be plagued with injuries. That's also likely the reason Lampard does not want to play him for 90 minutes unless he is totally fit.

Unfortunately, no.  Football/soccer is still very niche in the U.S. and rarely makes the headlines.  Hopefully the 2026 World Cup will help with that.  Our top flight is still relatively young (25 years).  Hopefully, the sport will level up in the eyes of the American public in my lifetime.  There is no question, Pulisic is the most talented player we've ever had, but the casual sports fan in the United States probably still won't know who he is.  The football/soccer fanbase though is excited and many are flocking to Chelsea.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

10%? I would say much more...

Well his paternal grandpa is Croatian and that's it so not too far off...

We actually have a Croatian friend and we argue the level all the time for banter :P 

19 hours ago, mshnd06 said:

Unfortunately, no.  Football/soccer is still very niche in the U.S. and rarely makes the headlines.  Hopefully the 2026 World Cup will help with that.  Our top flight is still relatively young (25 years).  Hopefully, the sport will level up in the eyes of the American public in my lifetime.  There is no question, Pulisic is the most talented player we've ever had, but the casual sports fan in the United States probably still won't know who he is.  The football/soccer fanbase though is excited and many are flocking to Chelsea.

The thing with the States though, is as a club we only need an incredibly small proportion of them to start becoming Chelsea/Puli followers to absolutely coin it in. This is owing to their income levels and also the nature of advertising income in the States. 

Just out of interest, as I have recently started in the past 5 years or so to get into the NFL, what is your feeling about participation in A.Football at junior/youth level? Is it starting to tape off or has the whole concussion thing been overblown? If it hasn't would you say football/soccer participation is starting to increase?