Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

10. Christian Pulisic


nachikethas
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

On 02/07/2020 at 7:48 PM, Jason said:

Poor lad. Only 21 years old and already has to carry his club and country on his back...

Probably explains why he looks 28 already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lovely little ball for the 4th that was.

Read an article today that shows at present his productivity with and without the ball is overall pretty poor compared to the other players in his position. He averages fewer tackles per 90 mins

Everyone has their opinion and I respect that but I just find his apprehension (if that's the right word) towards Pulisic somewhat bemusing. Loan him out to learn his trade? Really? If Pulisic was som

Posted Images

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/3219407

Officially no.

But here transfermarkt counted Mount penalty won against Brighton as assist. But not any for Pulisic :dunno:

Feck that thing. Mount has only 4 assists.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/14580/player/overview

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lampard on differences between Pulisic and Hazard (and also implying we're Pulisic FC now)...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/07/06/lampard-press-conference-injury-news-crystal-palace-away

Quote

‘Eden had a special talent straightaway of being able to receive the ball, show great balance and go past players. He would draw a lot of players towards him to open up space for others. He was pretty unselfish with making assists that way.

‘Christian is possibly more direct in his style sometimes, in terms of how he goes past players and runs off the ball, which I like. He has a real ability to break a line and run forward. That’s a great trait in the modern game.

‘Eden has been here and done it, and did it to an incredible level. Christian has it in his hands to make a real impact over a period of time. The thing I’m so happy with now is when we’re finding it hard to break teams down, he is taking responsibility to change that. It’s been great to see.’

:wub:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A throwback to this...

On 9/30/2019 at 4:26 AM, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I reiterate in a perfect world we dont have the transfer ban and he gets a loan move to learn the league before honestly fighting for a starting spot here. He's just turned 21. He should be playing week in/week out for a mid table side right now learning his trade.

:lol: 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wheres the poster who was saying “only signed for marketing purposes” now?

😂

Not sure what's worse - people saying he was a marketing purchase or that he needed to go out on loan!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Not sure what's worse - people saying he was a marketing purchase or that he needed to go out on loan!

Yeah totally agree. Madness.

To be honest and I know this could seem hugely controversial but at the rate he is going and with his willingness to run in off the wing to more central areas, I think he will end up scoring more goals per season than Eden’s highest total in a league season here in the next 2 seasons. 

He has that real desire to get into the box and get shots off as quickly as he can, as we seen for his goal tonight. He sucked Ward in and as soon as he made that half yard, buried it. How often have we seen Willian do that then piss about with it? Or Eden at times in the past? Or other wingers? He looks like he can be ruthless. Not to the levels of the two who have been running the show forever but he strikes me as someone who when hes on the left and gets inside near the box or inside it, he has the same desire as an Arjen Robben or someone to try get a shot off early if he can make the space. Obviously he can also create not saying he cant but I think he can be seen more as a goalscoring winger with a few more tweaks and continuous improvement.

I still think he can get another 3 or 4 goals before the seasons finished easily too. What has impressed me even more is his variation of finishing and with both feet too, tonights goal was more power, the goal v City was much more of a controlled finished. His goals v Burnley etc too were all different and he has scored off both feet this season and also with his head. These sort of traits in a wide player are extremely good. As I said up there mentioning Robben or someone in that mould. Not saying hes at that level yet no but he has a great future and will be his own type of player regardless. His all round game is potentially very complete.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wheres the poster who was saying “only signed for marketing purposes” now?

😂

many were

and  it was not the ONLY reason he was signed, but is was a factor

I am just glad to see him playing off the charts 

 

The reason Chelsea sealed Christian Pulisic transfer deal revealed by Bruce Buck

CHELSEA secured the services of Christian Pulisic for next season and club chairman Bruce Buck has revealed why they were interested in the midfielder.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1115262/Chelsea-Christian-Pulisic-transfer-US-tour-2019-Bruce-Buck

snip

And it is the player’s nationality that was a factor in the deal revealed Buck, who was also born in the United States.

Chelsea are hoping Pulisic will help expand their fan base in the US and Buck has his sights set on “middle America” as he claims the club are strong on both coasts.

"He's a personable boy. He's well-liked in this country," Buck said about Pulisic to The Associated Press.

"So of course I would expect him when we come here and play some friendly matches, which is what our objective is in the summer of 2020.

“I think he will be helpful."

Manchester United are the most watched Premier League club this season, followed by Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in fourth place.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Christian Pulisic has already doubled his best-ever league scoring season after bagging his 8th Premier League goal against Palace 🔥

Only started 16 games too, with 5 additional appearances off the bench. All this amounts to a goal or assist every 140 minutes or so and that's not even counting the penalties / dangerous free kicks he's earned that have resulted in goals.

If he can stay fit next season, I wouldn't rule out Pulisic scoring ~15 goals in the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jype said:

Only started 16 games too, with 5 additional appearances off the bench. All this amounts to a goal or assist every 140 minutes or so and that's not even counting the penalties / dangerous free kicks he's earned that have resulted in goals.

If he can stay fit next season, I wouldn't rule out Pulisic scoring ~15 goals in the league. 

I hope so man, as long as he stays injury free he will have a great chance of that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah totally agree. Madness.

To be honest and I know this could seem hugely controversial but at the rate he is going and with his willingness to run in off the wing to more central areas, I think he will end up scoring more goals per season than Eden’s highest total in a league season here in the next 2 seasons. 

He has that real desire to get into the box and get shots off as quickly as he can, as we seen for his goal tonight. He sucked Ward in and as soon as he made that half yard, buried it. How often have we seen Willian do that then piss about with it? Or Eden at times in the past? Or other wingers? He looks like he can be ruthless. Not to the levels of the two who have been running the show forever but he strikes me as someone who when hes on the left and gets inside near the box or inside it, he has the same desire as an Arjen Robben or someone to try get a shot off early if he can make the space. Obviously he can also create not saying he cant but I think he can be seen more as a goalscoring winger with a few more tweaks and continuous improvement.

I still think he can get another 3 or 4 goals before the seasons finished easily too. What has impressed me even more is his variation of finishing and with both feet too, tonights goal was more power, the goal v City was much more of a controlled finished. His goals v Burnley etc too were all different and he has scored off both feet this season and also with his head. These sort of traits in a wide player are extremely good. As I said up there mentioning Robben or someone in that mould. Not saying hes at that level yet no but he has a great future and will be his own type of player regardless. His all round game is potentially very complete.

Personally I have been impressed with him since I saw him the first time down SB (I have a season ticket). I had seen him a little at DM and I thought that whilst he had a lot of potential he also wasn't all that clinical (although I realised he did have very good reading of the game as he has always known when to lay the ball off when someone else has a better chance.) 

However, when I saw him play live what struck me was his desire and how quick he actually was. I have been fortunate to witness the debuts of Robben, Hazard and Pulisic and whilst I still rate Robben as having biggest first impression on me but I would definitely say that Puli's was second (even if Hazard was more involved in the game for his.) 

Lastly, what I loved about last nights finish was how it contrasted with his one against City. Last nights finish was a controlled power hit with his left, whilst he one against City was a cultured curler at speed with his right. The difficulty level of both shots were both reasonably high, yet he executed both perfectly, now that is really special as normally you would expect them to come from his stronger foot. As ever we need to see how he develops and if he he can keep himself fit before we all get too excited about him but in his current form he is showing a very high ceiling. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...