Christian Pulisic

the wes

On 7/10/2019 at 9:49 AM, the wes said:

I think pulisic would do well in the number 10 role if he was to play there 

An interesting article with his previous coaches talking about him playing the 10 position. Also interesting how the 10 position has changed in the modern game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/christian-pulisic-best-position-usmnt-chelsea-borussia-dortmund-061445361.html

On 7/8/2019 at 5:08 PM, LAM09 said:
On 7/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, Sir Mikel OBE said:
Altidore played fine until he got tired, as expected.

His teammates being clueless wasnt the reason he didnt do much.  They shot their shot in the first half, and when it didnt work, we were spent.

He missed a sitter inside 7 minutes.

A sitter he created for himself in a way no other current striker in America could.

A sitter he created for himself in a way no other current striker in America could.
End product is what strikers are judged on. Missing a sitter isn't a plus because he created the chance.

I'm sure there's a better CF than a failed prospect.

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

End product is what strikers are judged on. Missing a sitter isn't a plus because he created the chance.

I'm sure there's a better CF than a failed prospect.

At a minimum. Once you go up a level, a striker needs more than just tap-ins esp today.

thats why lukaku will have a hard time starting for a top club.

regarding creating the chance, I would  not read too much from it. Altidore flopped everywhere he played. He vanishes in tougher matches because he lacks skill. His participation is low too as he does not get involved often enough. There is only so much power gives you - like I said, still need to be able to play footy. He’s just not very good in tight spaces.

puslic belongs in a different tier. The choice to join us was very smart imo. He has everything to develop and become a great player. He will always have a hard time in the us team, well at least until a new set of players is given a shot, and deliver.

On 10.7.2019 at 0:12 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Interesting if true...

lol I call this BS. Pulisic is a born winger, everyone can see it. He is quick, direct, great dribbler and crosser. Also we have more than enough players who can play as a 10 but only 3 more wingers. He will definitely start on the wing this season. Pulisic only plays more or less no. 10 for USA because no one else there has the same footballing ability as him. But here at Chelsea we still have plenty of players who are much better playmakers than Pulisic. 

29 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

lol I call this BS. Pulisic is a born winger, everyone can see it. He is quick, direct, great dribbler and crosser. Also we have more than enough players who can play as a 10 but only 3 more wingers. He will definitely start on the wing this season. Pulisic only plays more or less no. 10 for USA because no one else there has the same footballing ability as him. But here at Chelsea we still have plenty of players who are much better playmakers than Pulisic. 

We already have mount, kovacic, Barkley and RLC fighting for the attacking mid position as well

Think he will play as a winger here, his 1 v 1 ability would be wasted in central areas where most often than not in games that area become far too congested. Generally more space out wide as teams will sit deep and narrow against us.

Yeah, his skill set is literally perfect for the wide positions. He most certainly won't be playing centrally. Playing him there when lots of opponents we go against will be parking the bus negates what he's best at.

We have 4 players for the #10/attacking midfield role.  

Reading that he will be joining the team for the Japan preseason. Eventhough the US played him in the center for Gold Cup, he seemed like he made his best moves out wide. I think he is very comfortable there on either side.

On 11/07/2019 at 10:44 PM, Supermonkey92 said:

We already have mount, kovacic, Barkley and RLC fighting for the attacking mid position as well

Kovacic in attacking position?? That position for someone who can score goals 

Lampard seems to know how to say the right things about his players.

“I appreciate that. It’s how I would have been. It’s a big move for him to a huge club. He’s a top young player. He’s only going to go one way in terms of his career – he’s going to go up and be a big signing for Chelsea. I hope so. I look forward to working with him.

“It’s important we start the season as well as we can. I know we have injuries – people back at Cobham now that are influential players for us at similar positions, so we’ll need him.”

-Frank Lampard; source: Goal