Christian Pulisic

the wes

39 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Did anyone watch the match. How was he against a good team?

A quick search on Twitter suggests that he played well in the final. 

Probably doesn't mean much given the level of competition but he won the Gold Cup's Young Player of the Year.

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

It is a FIFA rule that obliges clubs to give their players a minimum of at least two weeks of holidays after their (players') season ends, so the earliest would be Monday, July 22. Would not be able to join sooner even if he'd want to, the rule is obligatory. 

Not sure if he will take a short break or be given one but he did take 2-3 weeks off after ending his season with Dortmund and before joining up with USA for the Gold Cup last month.

5 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Did anyone watch the match. How was he against a good team?

I saw like 80 minutes of the game. He went missing for a long period in the second half. His teammates did him no favors though since they were shit during that period. Playing hoofball up to Altidore, who fucked the play up 9 out of 10 times.

When Mexico scored Pulisic got more into the game. Kind of took responsibility that way. But whatever he tried ended up in nothing mainly because of clueless teammates. Tbh so many schoolboy errors made by both teams in this final.

His passing is pretty spot on most times. He really has killer speed and dribbling. Gets fouled a lot. What most surprised me is that he is pretty promising at taking corners and long free kicks. He might be the corner taker next season, overtaking Willian (who sucks at them).

2 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I saw like 80 minutes of the game. He went missing for a long period in the second half. His teammates did him no favors though since they were shit during that period. Playing hoofball up to Altidore, who fucked the play up 9 out of 10 times.

When Mexico scored Pulisic got more into the game. Kind of took responsibility that way. But whatever he tried ended up in nothing mainly because of clueless teammates. Tbh so many schoolboy errors made by both teams in this final.

His passing is pretty spot on most times. He really has killer speed and dribbling. Gets fouled a lot. What most surprised me is that he is pretty promising at taking corners and long free kicks. He might be the corner taker next season, overtaking Willian (who sucks at them).

Altidore played fine until he got tired, as expected.

His teammates being clueless wasnt the reason he didnt do much.  They shot their shot in the first half, and when it didnt work, we were spent.

Pulisic has said that he is counting the time off he took (while in London and the US) between Bundesliga and Gold Cup as his time off and only plans a few days off after the Gold Cup final. He is hopeful to get in enough practice with Chelsea to be on the pitch in Japan. 

2 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

His teammates being clueless wasnt the reason he didnt do much.  They shot their shot in the first half, and when it didnt work, we were spent.

Then the US have a huge stamina problem in their team. Only player that was involved, running and playing well the whole 90 mins was the right back Cannon. He played so well I would like Chelsea to look at him actually!

I think the biggest problem is that after most of the tournament the US went youth and did very well. In the final the coach put more experienced starters out there saying they would be better suited to the pressure Mexico uses. After Pulisic ran through the Mexican defense for the entire first half, Mexico adjusted and tried to deny him getting the ball. The US attack suffered. The US tried to get the offense through Bradley and Altidore, Mexico made them look old and slow. I think the US should have stayed with the youth that got them there.

The US team has a way to go, but the youth movement is encouraging. The young players look to Pulisic as the leader. The team as a whole has improved and I think there are much better days ahead. I think the remaining older players are done after this Gold Cup. 

The team will truly be Pulisic's squad going forward. Bradley has had high praise for Pulisic. I think the leadership torch will go from Bradley to Pulisic now.

He missed a sitter inside 7 minutes.

27 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
6 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He missed a sitter inside 7 minutes.

Altidore is awful. No technique whatsoever, which is the whole point in the game... no matter how strong and powerful one is, still need to know how to play footy.

pusilic was impressive to me. The us team is really poor in certain positions, which breaks their buildup every time. 

It’s similar, loosely, to Messi in Argentina team.

Altidore is awful. No technique whatsoever, which is the whole point in the game... no matter how strong and powerful one is, still need to know how to play footy. pusilic was impressive to me. The us team is really poor in certain positions, which breaks their buildup every time.  It’s similar, loosely, to Messi in Argentina team.

A number of the "old guard" should no longer be part of the squad. Seemingly in the squad because of their wage package in MLS.  

Pulisic certainly had his poorest game in the final (effectively Mexico's B side), but he still had moments. Eager to see how he takes to life over here.

45 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Interesting if true...

Without actually having worked with the players yet he already knows who he will rely on and who plays what position and who alternates with who? Yeah.... no chance I'm reading too much into this.