Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

10. Christian Pulisic

nachikethas
Followers 7

8 minutes ago, communicate said:

The problem in instanbul and against Salzburg he was playing high making run behind on the left hand side. 

If you want him to do that, you have to drop Mount. Mount is lamp favorite so not going to happen. 

Not sure why you seem to have the idea that a winger can't do both sides of the game if needed, that it must be 1 or the other. 

And based on Lampard's comments today about having 4 wingers, seems like the long term plan would be moving Mount back to midfield - whether as the No.10 or 1 of the 3 midfielders - and have 2 from CHO, Pulisic, Pedro and Willian as the wingers (at least for this season's choices).

• Like 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lovely little ball for the 4th that was.

Read an article today that shows at present his productivity with and without the ball is overall pretty poor compared to the other players in his position. He averages fewer tackles per 90 mins

Everyone has their opinion and I respect that but I just find his apprehension (if that's the right word) towards Pulisic somewhat bemusing. Loan him out to learn his trade? Really? If Pulisic was som

Posted Images

Not sure why you seem to have the idea that a winger can't do both sides of the game if needed, that it must be 1 or the other. 

And based on Lampard's comments today about having 4 wingers, seems like the long term plan would be moving Mount back to midfield - whether as the No.10 or 1 of the 3 midfielders - and have 2 from CHO, Pulisic, Pedro and Willian as the wingers (at least for this season's choices).

If that is the case, Jorginho (our only leader) will be dropped? [emoji848]

Just now, LAM09 said:
3 minutes ago, Jason said:
Kovacic, I think. 

It would be hard to drop one of our more consistent performers.

It's either gonna be him or Jorginho. And both, IMO, do not contribute enough defensively. 

• Like 1
It's either gonna be him or Jorginho. And both, IMO, do not contribute enough defensively. 
You could argue the same going the other way.

Will be fasnicating to see what our team looks like come 2020, barring any more long layoffs.
1 hour ago, Jason said:

No, some winger can certainly do both side. But not all of them are good at bringing the ball up and make run behind. Take Puli and Willian for example. I think Willian didn't make run behind enough but his ability to protect the ball and bring it forward is far better than Puli. Puli on the other hand is too weak right now but he is lightning quick and make excellent run behind.

Player are also affected by playing on right or the left. On the right he won't be as aggressive/direct as playing on the left. He will shoot more on the left and cross more on the right. I think he was playing both time (Salzburg n pool) on the left hand side. 

I don't know about mount in 3 man midfield but 4231 suit him perfectly. It is going to be fun though ,because although we have so many brilliant youngster I don't know whether all of them will fit into a balance starting 11. 

28 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't know about mount in 3 man midfield but 4231 suit him perfectly. 

Full last season Mount played left in 4-3-3 for Derby. His best position. He only played as a winger some games this season because of injuries. 

51 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes.. Like RLC, Barkley for Sarri... 

Interesting. 

I don't know what is being asked of him ask of him last year in derby. Why Lamp didn't try to play him there in our team.

Play Willian on the left and Mount on the left mid. Ask Willian to hold the ball and let mount make run behind. That should be fun. 

He need to be more discipline though. 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Why Lamp didn't try to play him there in our team.

Play Willian on the left and Mount on the left mid. 

He played there against Leicester and it's going to be his usual place now when all wingers and Kante are fit I think. 

Chelsea appoint new first-team strength and conditioning coach — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/9/28/20888292/chelsea-appoint-new-first-team-strength-and-conditioning-coach-report

Maybe this guy could help out Pulisic 💪💪💪

• Like 1
2 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea appoint new first-team strength and conditioning coach — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/9/28/20888292/chelsea-appoint-new-first-team-strength-and-conditioning-coach-report

Maybe this guy could help out Pulisic 💪💪💪

Not just Pulisic, some other weaklings in the team need them too!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, communicate said:

Interesting. 

I don't know what is being asked of him ask of him last year in derby. Why Lamp didn't try to play him there in our team.

Play Willian on the left and Mount on the left mid. Ask Willian to hold the ball and let mount make run behind. That should be fun. 

He need to be more discipline though. 

Lol it is happening 

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/09/28/pulisic-lack-of-chelsea-playing-time-very-frustrating/

Speaking to Pro Soccer Talk by the side of the Stamford Bridge pitch as he held his USMNT wash bag and looked more than a little fed up under the cloudy London skies, Pulisic was asked if he’s feeling frustrated by the current situation.

“Yeah, of course, it is very frustrating, but I will continue to work my hardest because I want to play,” Pulisic said.

Has Lampard been giving him specific feedback on how to get on the pitch?

“Not so much,” Pulisic said. “He said to keep working and I have to improve myself in training and try to get back in the line up.”

As for life in London, Pulisic is enjoying living in England’s capital city and the Chelsea fans want him to do well as fans asked for his shirt and waved around the Star Spangled Banner by the bench.

But he accepts it has been a bit of a challenge and it will take him some time to settle in and making this move a success will not be easy.

“The city is great, I’ve enjoyed it. It has been good but it has been a change. There are going to be challenges,” Pulisic siad. “I knew it was going to be tough coming here. It is never going to be easy. I’ve got to grind out. I want to be back and be a part of the team and help the team win games.

“I want to play as many minutes as I can, that is really my goal, I want to be on the field… It is tough for me right now. I just have to continue to learn. Like I said, I want to be on the field really bad, I have to continue to work and prove myself to be there.”

Last season at Dortmund he found himself in a similar situation, benched as the emergence of Jadon Sancho and his January move to Chelsea pushed him out of the thinking of head coach Lucien Favre.

Asked if he can learn from that experience of being on the bench at Dortmund for large swathes of last season, Pulisic believes he can replicate a campaign which saw him become increasingly influential.

“Of course, Pulisic said, positively. “In the end I got minutes again and I played well towards the end of the season, so I just have to get my head down and get to work.”

• Like 1
https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/09/28/pulisic-lack-of-chelsea-playing-time-very-frustrating/

Speaking to Pro Soccer Talk by the side of the Stamford Bridge pitch as he held his USMNT wash bag and looked more than a little fed up under the cloudy London skies, Pulisic was asked if he’s feeling frustrated by the current situation.
“Yeah, of course, it is very frustrating, but I will continue to work my hardest because I want to play,” Pulisic said.
Has Lampard been giving him specific feedback on how to get on the pitch?
“Not so much,” Pulisic said. “He said to keep working and I have to improve myself in training and try to get back in the line up.”
As for life in London, Pulisic is enjoying living in England’s capital city and the Chelsea fans want him to do well as fans asked for his shirt and waved around the Star Spangled Banner by the bench.
But he accepts it has been a bit of a challenge and it will take him some time to settle in and making this move a success will not be easy.
“The city is great, I’ve enjoyed it. It has been good but it has been a change. There are going to be challenges,” Pulisic siad. “I knew it was going to be tough coming here. It is never going to be easy. I’ve got to grind out. I want to be back and be a part of the team and help the team win games.
“I want to play as many minutes as I can, that is really my goal, I want to be on the field… It is tough for me right now. I just have to continue to learn. Like I said, I want to be on the field really bad, I have to continue to work and prove myself to be there.”
Last season at Dortmund he found himself in a similar situation, benched as the emergence of Jadon Sancho and his January move to Chelsea pushed him out of the thinking of head coach Lucien Favre.
Asked if he can learn from that experience of being on the bench at Dortmund for large swathes of last season, Pulisic believes he can replicate a campaign which saw him become increasingly influential.
“Of course, Pulisic said, positively. “In the end I got minutes again and I played well towards the end of the season, so I just have to get my head down and get to work.”

That doesn't sound hopeful.

I guess with Willian & Pedro ahead of him, the door will remain wide open. [emoji1]
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

That doesn't sound hopeful.
I guess with Willian & Pedro ahead of him, the door will remain wide open. emoji1.png

This is becoming a bit like the Sarri-CHO situation from last season. I don't disagree that Pulisic needs time to settle in, adapt etc but getting left on the bench and not getting minutes - be it just even 20-30 minutes at this point - aren't going to do him any favors in settling and adapting to the league. But I guess if he keeps up that attitude, keeps working at it, he'll get there.

And speaking of Willian, with him suddenly getting so much game time this season - a turnaround from Sarri last season - I suspect that we will offer him a new contract and he'll stay for another year at the very least!

• Like 2