Christian Pulisic

the wes

I think some folks on this forum forget that pulisic is only 20 there's still room for him to get better  10 goals in international level is not bad for 20 year old  
He's playing in CONCACAF

Wonder how much pressure Sarri will be under to throw him straight into the XI considering how much we payed for him. To pay £60m or whatever it was for a bench rider would be madness.

Guess a lot depends on Willian. Pedro seems okay with being a squad player but Willian doesn't seem so keen. Especially since he knows he could move to another big club.

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder how much pressure Sarri will be under to throw him straight into the XI considering how much we payed for him. To pay £60m or whatever it was for a bench rider would be madness.

Don't think he will be.

If we signed a finished product than that would be a different story but this is an investment for the next ten years.

24 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
57 minutes ago, the wes said:
I think some folks on this forum forget that pulisic is only 20 there's still room for him to get better  10 goals in international level is not bad for 20 year old  

He's playing in CONCACAF

The level of competition/quality may not be high in the CONCACAF but goals are goals, I guess. If he isn't scoring against those lots, you would probably be picking him up for not doing so against poor teams. 

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Guess a lot depends on Willian. Pedro seems okay with being a squad player but Willian doesn't seem so keen. Especially since he knows he could move to another big club.

If you haven't noticed, Willian has been on the bench a lot recently. 

Surprised @Tomo didn't reply to that. :ph34r:

The level of competition/quality may not be high in the CONCACAF but goals are goals, I guess. If he isn't scoring against those lots, you would probably be picking him up for not doing so against poor teams. 
I'm just saying that stat is of little relevance. He was one of those blamed for their WC qualification failure, so that could be brought up too. Only worried about his club performances considering the standard.

Pleased to see him seemingly end the season in some form.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you haven't noticed, Willian has been on the bench a lot recently. 

Surprised @Tomo didn't reply to that. :ph34r:

Yeah, I know. And he seems grumpy every time he's subbed out as well. Wonder if he's fine with this same bench role again next season.

Just now, Pizy said:

Yeah, I know. And he seems grumpy every time he's subbed out as well. Wonder if he's fine with this same bench role again next season.

It's about time we let him go anyway...

9 hours ago, the wes said:

A season to late we should have took that £50m last summer ffs

Barca STILL wants him, just at a shed load less (around £35-40m) than the £65m  that was their final offer last summer

we are stuck with him due to the bans and injuries (with Eden out and Puli in, that still leaves only Willian and Pedro as our only 3 healthy wingers)

We need to go for all out pace and athleticism like Liverpool have done when we sell Eden. Pulisic, CHO, and then finally buy the player I've wanted for a couple of years now- Wilf Zaha. Just blitz and overwhelm everyone with relentless energy.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even though he is so far just a pace merchant with reasonable footballing ability he already has a life-long reputation of professionalism and dedication in all of the footballing world. I do not think he has the out of this world talent like Hazard but he has the right work ethics and age to become a very good player.