Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

10. Christian Pulisic


nachikethas
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It always amazes me that no one can see middle ground with Willian.

He's either amazing or hopeless when in reality he's always been something in between as the post above demonstrates.

Despite all the evidence stating otherwise. Brazil Call ups, several managers starting or using him, interest by other top clubs.

it’s really his final ball that is mostly lacking: like killer said, decisions mostly.

what willian offers is exactly what most of our younger players lack, so reckon he will see a lot of minutes this season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lovely little ball for the 4th that was.

Read an article today that shows at present his productivity with and without the ball is overall pretty poor compared to the other players in his position. He averages fewer tackles per 90 mins

Everyone has their opinion and I respect that but I just find his apprehension (if that's the right word) towards Pulisic somewhat bemusing. Loan him out to learn his trade? Really? If Pulisic was som

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Robchels said:

what willian offers is exactly what most of our younger players lack, so reckon he will see a lot of minutes this season.

Lovely...just watch him sign a new contract too! What a turnaround after being pushed to fringes by Sarri last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, communicate said:

I think you want somebody who make run behind. That mean you have to drop mount otherwise it is going to be very imbalance. At the same time, Mount has produced and at this point he is kinda lamp favorite player so it is difficult. 

If you play him over Willian, and he keep making run behind, somebody need to drop. Tammy is a striker, Mount will be ineffective deeper. So he will drop and play Willian role

Not saying Pulisic should stick up there and not drop back when he has to. Admittedly, he might not be as good as Willian in dribbling with the ball but he can still carry it from deep areas and if we have any sense of play at all, we can work around pressing or getting up the field through passing combination moves. It's just that Pulisic would provide more in the attacking third than Willian, in terms of making those off the ball runs, being more direct etc. 

And here's a little stat - Mount has more goals this season than Pulisic, Pedro and Willian combined (3 vs 0) but on the other hand, Pulisic has more assists than Mount, Pedro and Willian combined (2 vs 0). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lovely...just watch him sign a new contract too! What a turnaround after being pushed to fringes by Sarri last season.

It really depends on how quickly the young players develop doesn’t it? And also whether we have a window or not.

football is about winning, unless folks here want us to become one of those clubs who develop players only... yeah pretty much mutually exclusive. ;) 

And mount had a shitty game yesterday... that’s a young player for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Pulisic just needs time. He has some very appealing attributes, namely his pace and ability and willingness to run in behind. From what I've seen too, he looks a decent finisher when in those positions and I think could become a very important weapon for us but he needs time to adapt to the pace and power of the league. Just because of the money we paid for him it's easy to forget just how young and raw he is. 

You only have to look at yesterday's opponents, Klopp ignored the clamour for Robertson and Fabinho to be chucked in immediately and gave both ample time to acclimatise (in Robertson's case the way Klopp wanted to play and in Fabinho's case both Klopp's way and adapt to the English game). He kept both out of the firing line and made sure they were ready. 

Perhaps so but it would be nice if Lampard could explain a tad more than just say "He will get lots of opportunities. It's just my choice now because I have options" . I don't know if he doesn't want to do that knowing all the US attention is on him - Pulisic already has a lot of pressure from them to deal with and he doesn't need more - but having said what he has said, it has kinda just left us all wondering 'what the hell is going on?'.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Perhaps so but it would be nice if Lampard could explain a tad more than just say "He will get lots of opportunities. It's just my choice now because I have options" . I don't know if he doesn't want to do that knowing all the US attention is on him - Pulisic already has a lot of pressure from them to deal with and he doesn't need more - but having said what he has said, it has kinda just left us all wondering 'what the hell is going on?'.

Well saying the right thing, and sometimes strategically saying then wrong thing, may be just another aspect of the job that frank has yet to develop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jason said:

Not saying Pulisic should stick up there and not drop back when he has to. Admittedly, he might not be as good as Willian in dribbling with the ball but he can still carry it from deep areas and if we have any sense of play at all, we can work around pressing or getting up the field through passing combination moves. It's just that Pulisic would provide more in the attacking third than Willian, in terms of making those off the ball runs, being more direct etc. 

And here's a little stat - Mount has more goals this season than Pulisic, Pedro and Willian combined (3 vs 0) but on the other hand, Pulisic has more assists than Mount, Pedro and Willian combined (2 vs 0). 

You just don't like Willian. 😄😄

For me in our current setup I like Willian. He is not very direct and good dribller which mean less turnover and it help with moving the  forward. I think michy and and Mount late chances both came from Willian crossfield passes to Alonso. I maybe wrong, but I remember there is one he hit with his left foot. 

You want  both winger that make more run behind, that is fine. Then you need your striker to drop more, play more like a target man. So Tammy need to drop more and play like Giroud. 

Just watch pool, sometimes salah will drop deep and feed firmino but the majority of the time salah will make run behind and firmino will drop deep. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, communicate said:

You just don't like Willian. 😄😄

For me in our current setup I like Willian. He is not very direct and good dribller which mean less turnover and it help with moving the  forward. I think michy and and Mount late chances both came from Willian crossfield passes to Alonso. I maybe wrong, but I remember there is one he hit with his left foot. 

You want  both winger that make more run behind, that is fine. Then you need your striker to drop more, play more like a target man. So Tammy need to drop more and play like Giroud. 

Just watch pool, sometimes salah will drop deep and feed firmino but the majority of the time salah will make run behind and firmino will drop deep. 

Or maybe, you're just obsessed with Willian. :lol: 

No big clubs in their right mind would make Willian as their first choice starter but based on how you've been putting it, we will not survive without Willian in the XI. God help us all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason said:

Or maybe, you're just obsessed with Willian. :lol: 

 

Not really,Willian don't have much future with us but he is our best winger right now.  Maybe Cho will surpass him but we'll see, I don't want us to rush him. Archiless is nasty. 

I absolutely agree that Pulisic should play more. But pulisic is not ready for epl. It is too easy to disposes him physically, so it is better for him to use his speed by playing up high and make run behind.

Then it all come down to your midfield and front setup. Two runner (Mount, Pedro, Puli), maybe play Giroud. If you want to play Tammy and two runner, then our midfield need  to win the midfield without forward help. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jason said:

Or maybe, you're just obsessed with Willian. :lol: 

No big clubs in their right mind would make Willian as their first choice starter but based on how you've been putting it, we will not survive without Willian in the XI. God help us all. 

How many top clubs would make Pulisic their first choice starter?

 

We have to be honest here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there are two ways of looking at this, in honesty - Lampard doesn't think he's ready, or he simply thinks Mount and Pedro are better options (and right now, I'm inclined to agree). You also have to concede Lampard already has a great relationship with Mount.

He will get his chance, but my biggest concern is he needs to work on his body strength and his ability to shield the ball. This isn't down to muscle mass or brute strength, as Messi and Hazard have proved in the modern era, but he certainly looks "lightweight". 

He was excellent in the UEFA Super Cup, but I have to be honest, every time we've seen him since, he's been pretty poor. I actually agree with Lampard's decision not to play him (and I have, in general, been extremely critical of a lot of what Frank has done so far). 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jason said:

Or maybe, you're just obsessed with Willian. :lol: 

No big clubs in their right mind would make Willian as their first choice starter but based on how you've been putting it, we will not survive without Willian in the XI. God help us all. 

At the same time, in the past three games, Willian has been our best attacking player in my humble opinion (and this is coming from someone who absolutely does not rate Willian!). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Abreu03 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

Willian is better at doing nothing. 

The fact that this moist, semi-incoherent, post had not 1 or 2, but 4 people liking it just shows the Willian opinion on here is not logical at all. Its emotional based on some perceived slight against a manager who won a trophy for us. Yet the same emotional response will never be made against the keeper who outright refused managers orders in front of the world and probably cost us a trophy that night.

This is becoming embarrassing. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The fact that this moist, semi-incoherent, post had not 1 or 2, but 4 people liking it just shows the Willian opinion on here is not logical at all. Its emotional based on some perceived slight against a manager who won a trophy for us. Yet the same emotional response will never be made against the keeper who outright refused managers orders in front of the world and probably cost us a trophy that night.

This is becoming embarrassing. 

I find Willian and Obi Mikel most frustrating players I have ever seen in a Chelsea shirt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

 Its emotional based on some perceived slight against a manager who won a trophy for us. 

A manager that spent half a season taking the piss out of the entire fanbase no less.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

A manager that spent half a season taking the piss out of the entire fanbase no less.

Conte was absolutely HATED by 90% of the forum. People are trying to use an attack on him to cover up their irrational hatred of a player who has been a humble servant to this club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

How many top clubs would make Pulisic their first choice starter?

We have to be honest here.

Right now? Maybe not. But Willian has been the finished article for years and he remains infuriatingly inconsistent. How many more excuses are people gonna come up with?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Conte was absolutely HATED by 90% of the forum. People are trying to use an attack on him to cover up their irrational hatred of a player who has been a humble servant to this club.

You criticized the keeper for defying the manager but seemingly turned a blind eye on the player who disrespected the manager who won 2 trophies with us on social media OR who decided to go for personal glory with the late penalty last week? Sounds fair...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...