Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

10. Christian Pulisic


nachikethas
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lovely little ball for the 4th that was.

Read an article today that shows at present his productivity with and without the ball is overall pretty poor compared to the other players in his position. He averages fewer tackles per 90 mins

This is why I think he will make it eventually. Not just a pace merchant but highly intelligent player. To see the run from Michy in his back, move the ball just that inch to get the angle for the pas

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Thought the US was playing the Gold Cup right now??

All of the top players are not playing so they can do preseason with their clubs. They all decided to play Nations League and skip Gold Cup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Thought the US was playing the Gold Cup right now??

Fortunately for us, the USA manager said he would rest him for the Gold cup after a grueling season with us. He wants to try out some of the other players also with a view to qualification for the 2022 world cup.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZAPHOD2319 said:

All of the top players are not playing so they can do preseason with their clubs. They all decided to play Nations League and skip Gold Cup.

That is probably a bad precedent to set long term, look at some of the players that refuse to go the Afcon for example. Playing for your nation should be a sense of pride that comes before club football. I do understand why they chose to skip the Gold Cup though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whomever decided to schedule Nations League and Gold Cup back to back should lose their job. The team and players did the right thing in getting players some rest and going back to their clubs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Fully vaccinated so his return will be faster.

 

Pretty sure you still have to do 10 days isolation even if double vaccinated for testing positive. Can still transmit it to others. Or is that out the window?

Edited by OneMoSalah
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2021 at 13:53, OneMoSalah said:

Pretty sure you still have to do 10 days isolation even if double vaccinated for testing positive. Can still transmit it to others. Or is that out the window?

Yes u still have to do 10 days but... if he lives with some 1 who has covid he doesn't have to self isolate because he's fully vaccinated.

Edited by Kong
Link to post
Share on other sites

Puli throwing himself into danger and gets hurt. Stays on the field limping through his stride and goes down. Had to be substituted off. Hope it is nothing major. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, the type of player he is, he will always get hard knocks or tackles in games. The club, his NT and himself have to find a way to strengthen those areas/rehabilitate so that he doesn’t get as many knocks and can play more games.

Maybe genetically he is unfortunate too but I remember Joe Cole being someone who got a lot of knocks but never really changed his style. If Puli was to totally change his style though it would be a waste of incredible pace and 1 v 1 ability.

He has had a lot of knocks and maybe it will be an issue for him in his long term career but also Arjen Robben was the same. Look how that went. Went to Spain then Germany and played a high volume of games. 

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Said it 100 times. He has to stop taking unnecessary risks. His feeble body is not meant for that. Internationals are a curse 

I don’t get what you mean by he has to stop taking unnecessary risks…. I mean really what does that mean? Stop going in for 50/50s? Or stop taking people on? Be scared of getting tackled? If he starts doing that he will get criticised for it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Unfortunately, the type of player he is, he will always get hard knocks or tackles in games. The club, his NT and himself have to find a way to strengthen those areas/rehabilitate so that he doesn’t get as many knocks and can play more games.

Maybe genetically he is unfortunate too but I remember Joe Cole being someone who got a lot of knocks but never really changed his style. If Puli was to totally change his style though it would be a waste of incredible pace and 1 v 1 ability.

He has had a lot of knocks and maybe it will be an issue for him in his long term career but also Arjen Robben was the same. Look how that went. Went to Spain then Germany and played a high volume of games. 

I don’t get what you mean by he has to stop taking unnecessary risks…. I mean really what does that mean? Stop going in for 50/50s? Or stop taking people on? Be scared of getting tackled? If he starts doing that he will get criticised for it. 

It is clearly genetic. Among other factors he has short muscle bellies and long tendons so the muscles don't go over the the joints to protect them as the case with more stocky guys, hence knocks do more damage.

About unnecessary risks, i have seen him chase after lost balls and getting into 1vs1s even when the game is stopped.  Last season at ManUre he went after a ball he could never reach just after the whistle had gone and got absolutely clattered by that thug mctominay and had to receive treatment afterwards. This is the kind of risk he should not be taking.

Also there is just no point playing him vs archaic teams who just kick the shit out of you on their agricultural pitches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Also there is just no point playing him vs archaic teams who just kick the shit out of you on their agricultural pitches.

Those teams arguably get the best out of him though. Burnley, Palace, Watford, Villa, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...