Christian Pulisic

the wes

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Playing in a more counterattacking orientated Dortmund team probably helped that where as Hazard was afforded more of a luxury role at Lille with that regards and they were more a possession based team particularly his final season. Theres nothing wrong with that but weve also seen games (ie under Jose when Atletico put us out the CL) where Eden let his man go and it didnt help. Pulisic will get a bit mire of that freedom eventually I do feel but we have try and be a more proactive team like City or Liverpool where they do the pressure in packs very quickly after losing the ball and not sit off chasing fullbacks for instance.

When I said Pulisic can do defending better than Hazard, I don't mean he has to start tracking all the way back to our defensive box of course. Last thing we need is for him to spend all his energy doing that and be dead on his feet when arriving in the attacking third. It's just the little things like pressing from front (having played for Dortmund obviously helps), putting challenges in, getting stuck in.

I was just looking at the stat for far in PL comparing Eden Hazard with Christian Pulisic during first season at Chelsea with about the same age: 21.

Hazard: Appearances: 34; Goals : 9; Assists: 11

Pulisic: Appearances: 23; Goals: 8; Assists: 5

If we extrapolate by simple rule of thumbs, it would mean for Pulisic:

Pulisic: Appearances: 34; Goals: 12; Assists: 7.

Not bad, isn't it? Maybe he will turn out to be better than Hazard. Hopefully, he won't be seriously injured again and show consistency.

I was just looking at the stat for far in PL comparing Eden Hazard with Christian Pulisic during first season at Chelsea with about the same age: 21.
Hazard: Appearances: 34; Goals : 9; Assists: 11
Pulisic: Appearances: 23; Goals: 8; Assists: 5
If we extrapolate by simple rule of thumbs, it would mean for Pulisic:
Pulisic: Appearances: 34; Goals: 12; Assists: 7.
Not bad, isn't it? Maybe he will turn out to be better than Hazard. Hopefully, he won't be seriously injured again and show consistency.

He'll score around as much as hazard in my view (remembering hazard took penalties)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Been thinking about Puli's marketing potential. Surely next season, if Willian does leave, he will be given the No.10, no? 

Hopefully...

Also I imagine no more Asia and Australia for per season. I think we will spend every summer in the next couple of years in US.

Too bad it is not possible this summer due to Covid.

Best player on Chelsea and CONTSTANTLY TREATED LIKE SHIT BY HIS YANK HATING MANAGER. If I was Pulisic, I wouldn't trust FL two shits about how I fit into his system for next year. This kid can start ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, except at his own club. SMH

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lamps said in the post match that Puli was not fit enough for 90mins hence not started. Surely we will see him in the next two games from the beginning. 

Even then, it felt rather daft that Lampard waited as long as he did to bring on Pulisic. 

17 hours ago, King Kante said:

Been thinking about Puli's marketing potential. Surely next season, if Willian does leave, he will be given the No.10, no? 

There will be agents, high powered execs and club officials in that discussion before it's decided, but why not stick with 22 and establish a legacy number of his own? Some people have managed to get out from Pele's shadow; Best made no. 7 a big thing, Michael Jordan made his number almost as famous as Pele's despite playing what is a minority sport when compared to football. There's no danger Pulli can make 22 as big as 10 or 23 but he can create a strong association of his own. I'd advise him to stick with the number he's worn his entire professional career.

32 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think if we look across the entire season then Kava has to be in the conversation. In fact, I have Kova on top of the list.

i have to agree with you mate, Kova has been immense for us, he looks very composed, confortable and assured in midfield, he settled really well at the club since last season, great piece of business by the club in opting to make his loan move permanent.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Kovacic for player of the season but despite injuries, Pulisic is a close second

40 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i have to agree with you mate, Kova has been immense for us, he looks very composed, confortable and assured in midfield, he settled really well at the club since last season, great piece of business by the club in opting to make his loan move permanent.

Has Kovacic even been consistent? He has dropped out of the XI a couple of times and there are games where he has been good and then games where he has been meh. Plus, he doesn't even make any impact when it comes to the attacking third. 

That initial period aside, once Pulisic settled in, he has consistently made an impact and become our best attacking players in such a short period of time.