Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

UFC Law unto themselves


Unionjack

Recommended Posts

UFC 232

Ive watched the UFC since it became televised and I love it but they are a true law to themselves and answer to nobody.

UFC 232 was supposed to take place in Vegas on 30/12 with the 2 main fights being JonJones Vs AlexanderGustafsson and CrisCyborg Vs AmandaNunes.

With all matches they were dope tested and the B test of Jones came back positive for steroids. He has been done several times for failed drug tests with both steroids and coke. Jones is widely thought of as one of the greatest MMA fighters theres been but is no stranger to controversy tho and has been suspended and fined by athletic commissions, stripped of his championships by the UFC three times, and has been taken into custody on multiple occasions for incidents outside of the cage.

But after this latest test Dana White obviously never had any intention of letting the Nevada Athletic Commission get the upper hand after they disallowed the fight happening. He decided to move the whole event to California with 7 days till the fight.

With millions of dollars coming from pay per view he's not about to lose that no matter what peeps have to say about it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Hope Colby wins this. One of the funniest dudes in UFC

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
 

I dont like people in general who pretend that they're someone they aren't.

He put on the gobby twat act because he wanted to become a character and earn more money.

Not like the ones with big gobs and big egos because thats who they are.

But should be a good scrap either way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



I dont like people in general who pretend that they're someone they aren't.
He put on the gobby twat act because he wanted to become a character and earn more money.
Not like the ones with big gobs and big egos because thats who they are.
But should be a good scrap either way.


Back in the day, Colby respected everyone and was very humble in his interviews and after he won fights. He even bowed down to his opponents after he beat them to show them respect like GSP for instance does it. That did not give him any money and even worse, UFC wanted to fire him because he was no draw at all. He beat Maia and then became a big name after his post match interview. I have huge respect for his success because it really takes balls to say what he says. Sometimes, he overdoes it like with the Matt Hughes comments, but most of the things he says are really funny. He is like the American Gangster in that regard.
I watch all interviews of Colby, while I never watch interviews of Usman

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:


 

 


Back in the day, Colby respected everyone and was very humble in his interviews and after he won fights. He even bowed down to his opponents after he beat them to show them respect like GSP for instance does it. That did not give him any money and even worse, UFC wanted to fire him because he was no draw at all. He beat Maia and then became a big name after his post match interview. I have huge respect for his success because it really takes balls to say what he says. Sometimes, he overdoes it like with the Matt Hughes comments, but most of the things he says are really funny. He is like the American Gangster in that regard.
I watch all interviews of Colby, while I never watch interviews of Usman

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
 

 

Oh I agree and understand the thinking behind it. But it just to me that it falsifies MMA and turns t into them clown actors in the WWE.

I do love big characters tho. The Diazs,Connor etc. Theyve taken the UFC/MMA to another level as far as entertainment goes. But they are natural bad MFers. with a massive character.

I might be too hard on him. It took me awhile to like the Diaz's and Lawler. But then I realized they were just pure scrappers with a drawer full of black belts behind them for back up.

I hope Joes commentating. Its not the UFC to me without him/ HATE hearing soddin Bispings Manc twang lol

And Joe Rogans kept me sane during my lockdown. Learned so much from his podcasts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Oh I agree and understand the thinking behind it. But it just to me that it falsifies MMA and turns t into them clown actors in the WWE.
I do love big characters tho. The Diazs,Connor etc. Theyve taken the UFC/MMA to another level as far as entertainment goes. But they are natural bad MFers. with a massive character.
I might be too hard on him. It took me awhile to like the Diaz's and Lawler. But then I realized they were just pure scrappers with a drawer full of black belts behind them for back up.
I hope Joes commentating. Its not the UFC to me without him/ HATE hearing soddin Bispings Manc twang lol
And Joe Rogans kept me sane during my lockdown. Learned so much from his podcasts.


I think Diaz is a natural, but I think that Conor is sometimes scripted. Nate Diaz pointed it out too. We are in a new era now, where people have to sell the fights more if they really want to make money. Some guys have to do more than others and Colby used to be one of them. Leon Edward's for instance is a good fighter, but nobody cares about him. Kamaru Usman is also a fighter that nobody cares about, but Kamaru has the luck to be managed by scumbag Ali, so he gets the big fights and that is why he got his championship fight before Colby. I used to watch a lot of WWE when I was a kid, so I love funny dudes like Chael Sonnen, Colby, Conor etc. Because they remind me if The Rock. Chael basically copied The Rock lol and Colby copies Chael. Both Chael and Colby know each other from childhood though.

I love Bispings commentary style . Gives you more and a deeper analysis of fighting, while Joe is better at hyping things up, but he sometimes is full of shit. I will never forget that Joe once said that Ronda Rousey could beat up Cain Valesquez lol. To put that into perspective. Cain back than was UFC HW champion and Ronda Rousey was female bantam weight champ lol.
My favourite commentator is DC tough. He hypes things up and has MMA knowledge.

Joe's Podcast is cool when he has some cool guests. Yesterday he had Snowden and nice podcast.
But like I said before, he is sometimes full of shit, especially when it comes to nutrition, ethics and sometimes also MMA.
He is very biased, but most people are.



Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:


 

 


I think Diaz is a natural, but I think that Conor is sometimes scripted. Nate Diaz pointed it out too. We are in a new era now, where people have to sell the fights more if they really want to make money. Some guys have to do more than others and Colby used to be one of them. Leon Edward's for instance is a good fighter, but nobody cares about him. Kamaru Usman is also a fighter that nobody cares about, but Kamaru has the luck to be managed by scumbag Ali, so he gets the big fights and that is why he got his championship fight before Colby. I used to watch a lot of WWE when I was a kid, so I love funny dudes like Chael Sonnen, Colby, Conor etc. Because they remind me if The Rock. Chael basically copied The Rock lol and Colby copies Chael. Both Chael and Colby know each other from childhood though.

I love Bispings commentary style . Gives you more and a deeper analysis of fighting, while Joe is better at hyping things up, but he sometimes is full of shit. I will never forget that Joe once said that Ronda Rousey could beat up Cain Valesquez lol. To put that into perspective. Cain back than was UFC HW champion and Ronda Rousey was female bantam weight champ lol.
My favourite commentator is DC tough. He hypes things up and has MMA knowledge.

Joe's Podcast is cool when he has some cool guests. Yesterday he had Snowden and nice podcast.
But like I said before, he is sometimes full of shit, especially when it comes to nutrition, ethics and sometimes also MMA.
He is very biased, but most people are.



Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
 

 

Agree with ya. But suppose you like someone or you dont. I never liked Bisping or DC.

You cant take everything JR says so literally. He was just upping Rowdy. Not literally thinking she could.

Hes a great interviewer and is interested in what his guests have to say. I like the serious and daft ones. Good mix. I watched most of Snowden but the face to face relationship was missing. Difficult stuck in Russia tho. I watch them all but skipped Tyson for some reason. Not sure of his new set in Austin. Hope he sorts out a club there. Was even thinking of moving there till the past weekend! Had a few places in our heads over there. We will see next year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with ya. But suppose you like someone or you dont. I never liked Bisping or DC. You cant take everything JR says so literally. He was just upping Rowdy. Not literally thinking she could. Hes a great interviewer and is interested in what his guests have to say. I like the serious and daft ones. Good mix. I watched most of Snowden but the face to face relationship was missing. Difficult stuck in Russia tho. I watch them all but skipped Tyson for some reason. Not sure of his new set in Austin. Hope he sorts out a club there. Was even thinking of moving there till the past weekend! Had a few places in our heads over there. We will see next year.

 

 

DC may be even my favourite fighter of all time. At least Top 3 for me. His father got murdered when he was 13, his daughter died when he was in his twenties due to car accident and because of depression, he did not make weight in the olympics. He still he never gave up and became Double champ. He really did not have it easy and he deserved all his success. I just wish he started MMA when he was 28 years old, instead of 30 years. Romero and DC started a little bit too late. 

 

 

Yes, Joe is really an amazing interviewer.

 

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

DC may be even my favourite fighter of all time. At least Top 3 for me. His father got murdered when he was 13, his daughter died when he was in his twenties due to car accident and because of depression, he did not make weight in the olympics. He still he never gave up and became Double champ. He really did not have it easy and he deserved all his success. I just wish he started MMA when he was 28 years old, instead of 30 years. Romero and DC started a little bit too late. 

 

I really dont mind who likes who. If we all thought the same it would be a very boring world.

Never said hes not a good fighter. Tho his BG really has no bearing on how much credit he deserves. Hes just got the drive and passion I wish our lads had.

Its his smug git face I always wanted his opponents to rearrange. lol Always had that looking down his nose and gormless smirk. He wont stay retired.

Are you English? From London?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



I really dont mind who likes who. If we all thought the same it would be a very boring world.
Never said hes not a good fighter. Tho his BG really has no bearing on how much credit he deserves. Hes just got the drive and passion I wish our lads had.
Its his smug git face I always wanted his opponents to rearrange. lol Always had that looking down his nose and gormless smirk. He wont stay retired.
Are you English? From London?


No, I am from Germany, Frankfurt. Where are you from?

I think DC is retired for good, but I expect Henry Cejudo to come back lol. He needs to fight Alex Volkanovski, because that is a fight he can win and if he gets another title, it is hard to deny that Henry Cejudo is not the goat. Olympic champion and UFC champion in three different weight classes.


Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:


 

 


No, I am from Germany, Frankfurt. Where are you from?

I think DC is retired for good, but I expect Henry Cejudo to come back lol. He needs to fight Alex Volkanovski, because that is a fight he can win and if he gets another title, it is hard to deny that Henry Cejudo is not the goat. Olympic champion and UFC champion in three different weight classes.


Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
 

 

Ohhh Cejudo will fight again for sure.

 

Reason I asked where you were from is now it helps me understand how Bispings voice doesnt grind on you lol Tho I do like some Manc voices. Bispings isn't one of them! Im just a poor old South London boy from sunny Brixton. Tho am now 80 mile north. Not sure how long for tho.

Only time Ive neen to Frankfurt was we had to make an emergency landing there when we blew a couple of engines and tyres and it had a long landing strip. Slept in the airport for 16 hours!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chimaev - BLIMEY!!!

Mackenzie Dern Jiu Jitsu master class. 

HERE WE GO!

Colby v Tyrone. Should be fun!

1sr to Colby - Tyrone doesnt look himself to me. Nervous.

2nd Colbys looking the stronger. Tyrone needs to get in 1st

3rd Tyrone looking for excuses with eye poke.

4th all Colby

Just a walkover

Quite suprized

 

Bring on next week!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Colby just like I expected retired Woodley, who talked so much shit to Colby lol.
Was very embarassing for him to talk so much shit and get finished like that. He lost the biggest fight of his life. Was sad for Woodley to get embarrassed like that.



Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Colby just like I expected retired Woodley, who talked so much shit to Colby lol.
Was very embarassing for him to talk so much shit and get finished like that. He lost the biggest fight of his life. Was sad for Woodley to get embarrassed like that.



Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
 

Yeah I see Dana saying he should back it in.

Think Cowboy should too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I see Dana saying he should back it in.
Think Cowboy should too.
They should both hang it. Cowboy never performed in the big fights and underachieved overalk.
Woodley in my opinion also underachieved in his career because he was close to becoming the goat at 170 pounds division. He could have easily achieved that, but he still was one of the most dominant 170 pounds champion regardless. But I think he had more potential than that. If he wasn't always moaning, he would have been a much bigger name.

So hope Colby fights winner of Usman vs Burns. I think Burns really might win that because on the ground Burns is much better than Usman and on the feet, Burns has real ko power.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

They should both hang it. Cowboy never performed in the big fights and underachieved overalk.
Woodley in my opinion also underachieved in his career because he was close to becoming the goat at 170 pounds division. He could have easily achieved that, but he still was one of the most dominant 170 pounds champion regardless. But I think he had more potential than that. If he wasn't always moaning, he would have been a much bigger name.

So hope Colby fights winner of Usman vs Burns. I think Burns really might win that because on the ground Burns is much better than Usman and on the feet, Burns has real ko power.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
 

Yeah agree with all that. 

I tell ya I was dead against the UFC restarting. I thought it was just asking for trouble and was all about money.
But they've done a great job. Some brilliant fights.,

Theyre getting tested 6 times a day both swab and temp. Hat off to them.

And the cards coming up! Add the Dana contender night we are being spoiled. Love it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another great card for UFC 253 tomorrow!

My predictions for main card

Adesanya - Costa was acting a pillock today at face offs with that white belt crap. But built like a shithouse with n amazing punch. Should be close

Reyes - Shoulda got the title off Bones on 247

Royval

Biera

Yukhugov

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...