Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 1-0 Bournemouth


Jase

Man of the Match  

9 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      1
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Rudiger
      0
    • Christensen
      0
    • Emerson
      1
    • Fabregas
      0
    • Kovacic
      2
    • Barkley
      0
    • Loftus-Cheek
      4
    • Willian
      0
    • Giroud
      0
    • Hazard (sub)
      1
    • Pedro (sub)
      0
    • Luiz (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Full rotation, please.  We've been busy, and it's going to get even busier.  Full 90 for CHO, please. 

Selfish of me for sure but I'm hoping that Callum, and Ethan, will be playing in the Youth Cup tomorrow. If they do then they might not get used on Wednesday. We've been drawn away to probably the best U18s in the country so we'll need the strongest side we can muster to give ourselves a chance of progressing. If anyone wants to say that it's far more important for the players, and for the club, that they should be in the first team squad on Wednesday I could not argue with you. I'm pretty certain Maurizio will see it that way too, but I live in hope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Selfish of me for sure but I'm hoping that Callum, and Ethan, will be playing in the Youth Cup tomorrow. If they do then they might not get used on Wednesday. We've been drawn away to probably the best U18s in the country so we'll need the strongest side we can muster to give ourselves a chance of progressing. If anyone wants to say that it's far more important for the players, and for the club, that they should be in the first team squad on Wednesday I could not argue with you. I'm pretty certain Maurizio will see it that way too, but I live in hope.

Well both were not included tonight and we unfortunately lost. Our great record in the FAYC is finally over. I hope both start tomorrow. I have a feeling Ampadu will be a sub, espec if Cahill is fit but I hope CHO is given a start because we need Pedro, Willian and Hazard fit so need to give the wingers a rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Stats said:

Well both were not included tonight and we unfortunately lost. Our great record in the FAYC is finally over. I hope both start tomorrow. I have a feeling Ampadu will be a sub, espec if Cahill is fit but I hope CHO is given a start because we need Pedro, Willian and Hazard fit so need to give the wingers a rest.

James, Sterling, CHO, McEachran, Ampadu plus the manager we have lost from under 18 level from last season, that's a mammoth amount. If we win the Youth League or especially checkatrade that would make up for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tomo said:

James, Sterling, CHO, McEachran, Ampadu plus the manager we have lost from under 18 level from last season, that's a mammoth amount. If we win the Youth League or especially checkatrade that would make up for it.

Out of those names, only CHO and Ampadu were eligible for this year's competition. McEachran, if born 2 days later, would have been playing tonight but due to his DOB, was too old for the competition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Stats said:

Well both were not included tonight and we unfortunately lost. Our great record in the FAYC is finally over. I hope both start tomorrow. I have a feeling Ampadu will be a sub, espec if Cahill is fit but I hope CHO is given a start because we need Pedro, Willian and Hazard fit so need to give the wingers a rest.

The match was a tough watch because, although we had spells of supremacy, 4-3 probably makes it look closer than it was as late goals brought us back from 4-1 down.

We lost through being pretty sketchy at crucial times with loose touches or poor passes costing us three of United's goals. Ultimately however, the decision rested on the fact that their impact players carried more threat than ours did. I'm pretty sure that Callum would have tipped the balance in our favour but without him, even when we had the upper hand, it always felt that their danger men up front were more likely to make something happen. Lastly, our biggest potential difference maker on the night, Tino Anjorin, had a difficult game. His goal cannot disguise the fact that he had numerous poor touches and many misplaced passes. It's a shame for the lad. He's a good player but it wasn't his night, and it wasn't ours.

The under 18s have had a fantastic, history making run. Indeed, given that they won not just five in a row but six out of the last seven, and were beaten finalists in the one they didn't win, you could argue that their achievement is better than the five in a row won by the Busby Babes in the 1950's. What remains to be seen now if whether any of the players who have lifted the trophy for Chelsea during this run can go on to write their names in the history books of the senior game as some of 'The Babes' did. Many congratulations to all the players involved. Thank you all for the exciting and very enjoyable football over the course of this magnificent run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Stats said:

Out of those names, only CHO and Ampadu were eligible for this year's competition. McEachran, if born 2 days later, would have been playing tonight but due to his DOB, was too old for the competition.

Yeah but i meant we had all those players in last seasons side and lost them all in one go, we basically lost the core of the side (out of the players that played tonight only Gilmour is imo up there quality wise with the players we lost) plus one of the key brains behind our youth dominance, its the youth equivalent of City losing Pep, Aguero, Silva, KDB, Walker and Ederson in one go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, milka said:

3:0 :drunk:

 

Hazard 2X , Luiz .

Dont think those two will even line up. I hope we see CHO, Emerson, Barkley and RLC from the start, Giroud up front and no Willian. Throw in a few starters like Kepa, Azpi, Rüdiger and Jorginho in for good measure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...