• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

2 minutes ago, mccg said:

Yeah today we played without a recognised striker and lb lol , more dogged n ugly today, we 4got how to do the basic/dirty stuff spurs/wolves games, 2nd half much better!

I SO hope today was the day (2nd half, regardless of the goal) was the day Kante finally clicks in new role, he was great the second half after REALLY struggling up until that goal

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Pep, he sure isnt a Mourinho, lololol

he is way more dangerous and subtle in his manipulations. With Mourinho you always know what you are up against but Guardiola's slick modesty is way more spooky. If Mourinho turns up at your house with a knife in his hand you would just be having a laugh at his latest stupid joke but if its pep you can be sure he's already poisened you and just comes to finish you off. 

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Alonso is still a cunt, after our strikers he is our worst starter, he needs to GO

we ruy need to buy Lucas Hernandez (and he also plays a great CB, so 2 birds one stone) or, if we wont drop 80m or so, then grab Junior Firpo, WE NEED a WC LB and need to get 50m for Alonso whilst the world is fooled

and as long as Luiz doesnt go mental, I am fine with him atm.

Willian was blaääää as usual, but at least played defence

Yeah Willian against Wolves and city should have been on the scoresheet , imho new wc winger was needed summer there.hopefully January we get some attacking improvements, Sarri talking about 1 transfer ?!

30 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Jorginho is so figured out. NO idea why the Serie A could not do it in years but the prem really has sussed his game within 4 months. Needs to adapt be a bit more variable with his positioning and passing range. I know he has it in him cos he is fast in his mind and has decent technical ability but he has to step it up a notch

If you watch clips of Napoli under Sarri, you will see Hamsik a beast of a payer creating space for Jorginho with intricate passing and demanding positional awareness. Jorginho looks isolated in our midfield. He always had an out ball when at Napoli even when he was being pressed. The Napoli team were constantly moving around into space. We aren't really doing that and if we are then it is too a far slower tempo.

42 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

A good thing was that Morata was not included. That alone is already a good starting position.

However, I am still concerned. Pep's team came here to play their football. They did not really care about marking Jorginho and deleting his impact on us. They were focused on themselves, Other teams though, will keep doing what Wolves, Tottenham or Everton did. And that is still something we need to bear in mind.

Good point -if Pep has a weakness, it's underestimating and not giving respect to opponents, just belief in that they are better.

@Stats hit the nail on the head.

We all knew it would take a very special performance to beat them and it was indeed a very good performance with very few mistakes.

Passing was a bit shaky in the first half, but got sorted out by Sarri at half time: better positioning, more compact, and off-the-ball movement. You can't pass the ball if there isn't a player in a good condition to receive the pass esp when opposition presses so much. Bad movement and positioning made the passing in the first half difficult and error prone.

Alonso had a very good game: good defensively in the first half (won everything in the air too) frustrating their attacks and their best player (Sterling), and then improving along with the team in the second half. Sterling will always beat defenders one-on-one at times and it's up to the system to control that. It's the same when opponents play against Hazard: the team has to contain him.

Kepa had a solid game too. Pedro and Hazard played well, with Willian just a bit below, but still good.

David Luiz did not ONLY have a good defensive game without mistakes like many have said. He won this game for us with technical prowess esp for a defender. There is no first goal without that amazing pass from the back by Luiz. Something not many defenders can do. That goal changed the game as goals often do. The second was just the icing on the cake. Yes I know that he is mistake-prone, hence why I consider him a great player, but not a great defender. I do feel that his very obvious assets are often downplayed though.

I was very worried when Kovacic left injured, since he played well and it was a game for him, but Ross came on and was excellent too.

City is missing their best player (KDB) and it shows.

On 08/12/2018 at 7:49 PM, milan.cech said:

A good thing was that Morata was not included. That alone is already a good starting position.

However, I am still concerned. Pep's team came here to play their football. They did not really care about marking Jorginho and deleting his impact on us. They were focused on themselves, Other teams though, will keep doing what Wolves, Tottenham or Everton did. And that is still something we need to bear in mind.

City pressing was excellent and the plan was to strangle us out of the possession before the ball even got to Jorginho.

Sadly for City however we were breaking their pressing with consumate ease!!

42 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Jorginho is so figured out. NO idea why the Serie A could not do it in years but the prem really has sussed his game within 4 months. Needs to adapt be a bit more variable with his positioning and passing range. I know he has it in him cos he is fast in his mind and has decent technical ability but he has to step it up a notch

How? Run more? 

His positioning is perfectly fine, if he is marked then it is up to the other two to collect the ball, that is how it work

43 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I don't necessarily think it's Jorginho.  When he gets man marked, other players have to change their movement, so Kante and Kovacic/RLC/Barkley need to help out.  Teams in Serie A have man-marked him, but Napoli weren't a work in progress, so they could counter that.

https://spielverlagerung.com/2016/12/03/sarris-napoli-in-rampant-home-victory/

On 12/6/2018 at 7:48 PM, Robguima said:

It's a game to make few changes and it will take an herculean effort to get anything out of this game. We will need to be more compact than we've been lately and far more focused starting with the guys up front (including hazard).

And an herculean effort it was!

Outstanding reaction from the boys, everybody was on point, Never would I have dared to dream we would win 2-0. The best part is that not only did we scrape a result, we actually played ball, we pressed! We didn't sit back in super low blocks, we closed them down and harrassed all over the pitch! Even when winning 1-0 we didn't only play long or try to hit on counters, we kept it on the ground and played ball. I wouldn't have believed that the team would be capable of doing that AND win. All props to Sarri and the boys who showed massive balls against a City team unbeaten since... was it April? 

Azpi MOTM for me, rock solid and led by example. :clap:

9 minutes ago, mccg said:

Yeah Willian against Wolves and city should have been on the scoresheet , imho new wc winger was needed summer there.hopefully January we get some attacking improvements, Sarri talking about 1 transfer ?!

his one transfer is obviously a striker (I m sold on Seb Haller atm, from Frankfurt OR his teammate, Jovic)

but

we SOOOOOO NEED

WC RW  Nicolas Pepe FTW

WC LB (Alonso FUCK OFF!) Lucas Hernandez (solves CB too, partially) or Junior Firpo

WC CB (I say Benjamin Pavard, as like Hernandez, he can be WC at two positions, in Pavards case, RB)

long term buy (before some cunt buys him)   Sandro Tonali, as Jorginho's understudy (especially if Cesc leaves)

IF bans hit before summer and IF Eden leaves and IF we (it will never happen) we could survive with a committee of CHO, Pedro and willian at LW untilbans end, as long as we buy Pepe

Chelsea lineup and first 45mins were criminal. That out of nowhere Kante goal from last minute saved the day literally.

Chelsea regrouped maybe surprisingly good in the second half and we looked as completely different team compared to first 45min.

That moment Barkley and RLC was on the pitch, Chelsea started to control tonight’s match completely until the very end. Sarri shouldn’t really force anymore his favorite midfield trio. Absolute useless and boring to watch..

Pedro did an amazing job all over the pitch both offensively and defensively, Kante looked so much better in the second half and showed how good he can be when there’s someone like RLC and Barkley around him, Hazard was more aggressive in the second half and moved really good... Barkley and RLC both showed one of them should start next weekend.....

I know the guy didn’t even play but Morata should never ever play for Chelsea again in PL from the start. Thank god he didn’t play tonight because he would easily kill everyone’s mood after that shit first half of the match.

Very hot second half from Chelsea and an amazing victory of course. 

36 minutes ago, Strike said:

Buzzing from the win! Luiz was immense. Even Rudiger was a rock. What I loved was that the defense never panicked in the face of that City pressing. Even towards the end of the first half the team was trying to calmly play its way out of the back instead of hitting it long. 

The team totally shut City down in the second half. 

Lolol at EVEN Rudiger. He and Kepa have been our only truly consistent players from start of year. Pedro when healthy.

51 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Alonso was SHIT, dont get out over your skis

He was not like I explained. He got done by Sterling once and they tried targeting him but he recovered well and had a very solid game.

3 minutes ago, Stats said:

He was not like I explained. He got done by Sterling once and they tried targeting him but he recovered well and had a very solid game.

Did you watch the game? His passing was atrocious, it was HORRID and thank god play disappeared from his side in the second half. HE IS SHIT, he played like shit today, he and our strikers are totally and unacceptably shambolic turds in a loo.. Emerson needs to bench his arse once and for all, until we buy an actual great LB.