• Kante
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Suarez vs Courtois penalty.  Who do you cheer for?  Can the penalty area blow up for some reason, and both players are left with non life threatening injuries but massive damage to their private bits?

Courtios back must be sore he's always picking balls out of the net 😂😂😂

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Luiz was overall rock solid (and has been, much to my relief, I am much more comfortable with him now that AC has regressed)

TBH, Luiz has been solid for most of the season but no one gives him the credit he deserves when he plays well. But one mistake and everyone is clawing down his neck. I know he is culpable of making errors but he has been a big bonus under Sarri and definitely more positives than negatives.

Just now, Stats said:

TBH, Luiz has been solid for most of the season but no one gives him the credit he deserves when he plays well. But one mistake and everyone is clawing down his neck. I no he is culpable of making errors but he has been a big bonus under Sarri and definitely more positives than negatives.

He has massively cut down the errors, its all I every asked. Mental errors in football (and life) drive me CRAY! Lolol

Its just my personality (got it from my mum). He does offer so much with his passing. Lets hope he stays focused and injury free.

Thought the team was awesome today. The boys did good, especially Barkley for me, becoming a fan of him. Kovacic has a fight in his hand, can't take that position for granted anymore with Barks and Lofty-Cheeks all claiming a stake. Loving what I've been seeing from the team so far, this time we are truly going for the sexy style.

Exellent game. cant believe how on form all of our midfielders are. Even Kante had a better game given his new position IMO. I wish we were able to recreate such an all-round attacking display against the big sides too. Kepa was struggling a bit but he was getting no protection from the ref and Burnely were expectedly rough. Really hard to pick our best midfield rn. But with all the games we have now surely no problem to keep them all happy when rotated enough.

Sometimes, when Pedro is off-form, I wish we could play some 4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid, with Barkley playing as right AMF... Like this:

------------ Morata-----------

Hazard-----------------------

------------------Barkley----

----Kovačić----------------

----------------Kante------

---------Jorginho---------

5 minutes ago, El P. said:

Sometimes, when Pedro is off-form, I wish we could play some 4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid, with Barkley playing as right AMF... Like this:

------------ Morata-----------

Hazard-----------------------

------------------Barkley----

----Kovačić----------------

----------------Kante------

---------Jorginho---------

Swap Giroud for Morata, Eden doesnt trust Alvaro for shit. Giroud would probably set him up much better.

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

I want to see a MF soon soon sooon in a game of Kovacic Jorginho Barkley

That’s the trio which could be the right solution, and which certainly needs to be looked at. As I said when I commented on our midfield inbalance about six weeks ago, it involves thinking the unthinkable however. That’s hard to do, especially when it concerns the loveable wee man.

To be fair to Maurizio, his public statements make it clear that he has this problem in mind. I think we can infer from his comments that he’s working on solutions at Cobham. This is another reason why Mason Mount should have spent pre-season with us. He is not as silky as Matt but he’s better than decent in possession, a much greater goal threat, and actually enjoys his defensive work. He’ll need to be considered before next summer’s decisions are made.