the wes
Followers 2

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching the Leeds and Wigan and once again have to say, what a performance! Been watching the whole game. Relegation threatened Wigan with 10 men have beaten promotion chasing Leeds on their own patc

July 2019 "we'll be patient with these young players" July 2020 "what's the point of him"

Watching the game against Norwich and has been the standout player and most obvious choice for MOTM. His strength is ridiculous. Amazing how he is relied on for their set pieces also. Real gem we have

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Bobo said:

If anyone can find video or GIF of Reece and Bamford tackle, please share it here. James showed pure dominance :wub:

That look he gave to Bamford afterwards :D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Was an absolute wall yestereday. Leeds simply gave up attacking his side at some point. Azpi-level of 1-on-1 defending plus provided an assist.

He's not even 21 yet and people expect him to be the perfect defender, and he's already dropping defensive performances like yesterday's. 

Going all the way to the top and possibly our future captain. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Was an absolute wall yestereday. Leeds simply gave up attacking his side at some point. Azpi-level of 1-on-1 defending plus provided an assist.

Raphinha swapped sides at one stage to try and trouble James then thought better of it and went back to his other side :lol:

• Like 1

Echo everyone else’s thoughts about his improvement. Some different reflections on RJ, so the post will be a bit random but...

- discussed before how maybe one of the major things lacking from him last season was that bit of assertiveness, aggression and positivity in his play. At the very start of this season I was starting to concede that, if this guy is truly so nonchalant in his play then midfield might be best for him. Well, he definitely has developed/is showing that side to his game this season. In his play on the ball, in his interactions off the ball, hell even the way he’s using social media. 

In several interviews, from the former youth players and RJ himself, he’s consistently described as loud on the pitch, if quiet off it. Didn’t see that last season but definitely see it this season.

- I wonder if Lampard deserves a bit of credit as I suspect he planned from before the season started that RJ would be undisputed first choice. For most fans I think we were expecting another season of rotation at RB between Azpi and James. But from the very start it was clear RJ was first choice. Perhaps this has helped him develop that extra assurance and confidence in his play and persons this season 

- I think about at the start of last season I briefly suggested that maybe this guy would be a good choice for captain, during the time there was a lot of debate about who should be captain. Looking back that definitely would have been too early but this season I’m starting to warm to the idea again..

- I have a slight suspicion that RJ hits crosses in such a way that maybe it is harder than we give credit for for the recipient to score? I’m equally frustrated that so many of his chances seem to get spurred. It has actually been a thing since his Wigan days - RJ creating loads of chances and his teammates not finishing them off.

but maybe..I wonder if RJ’s style of crossing. Which can be mixed but he does like a hard, fast cross straight to the player. Makes it harder than given credit for for the player to finish. I think that style increases likelihood of a successful cross in that it reaches the player but maybe harder for them to score. I dunno, just a random thesis I have 😅 

- also..does anyone have a video/gif of another RJ moment in the Leeds match. There was a throw in on his side of the pitch and he kind of just ushers Jack Harrison off the pitch like a bouncer lol. Harrison had the same reaction as Bamford where it’s like ‘what can I do, the guys a brick house’

On 07/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, ja1 said:

I think about at the start of last season I briefly suggested that maybe this guy would be a good choice for captain, during the time there was a lot of debate about who should be captain. Looking back that definitely would have been too early but this season I’m starting to warm to the idea again

Since Reece's youth team days a lot of fans have been saying that he would one day be captain of this club. Insiders like Jody Morris have apparently been thinking it for longer than that. I was among those fans but I now have doubts. There is no doubt about Reece's on pitch leadership, he demonstrated it beyond dispute while leading the U18s to quadruple glory in 2017/18. Like all players Reece can show that kind of leadership with or without the armband but captaining a Premier League club carries other responsibilities. Responsibilities Reece is not ready for.

For example, Reece is very uncomfortable with media duties. In front of a TV camera he goes into his shell and can barely get a word out. Being club captain is about representing, championing and defending club and squad off the pitch as well as on it. Reece is nowhere ready for the off field stuff yet. He may or he may not ever get there but as long as he's contributing on the pitch that's probably all you, me, or any Chels fan will care about.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Since Reece's youth team days a lot of fans have been saying that he would one day be captain of this club and insiders like Jody Morris have been saying it for longer than that. I was among those fans but I now have doubts. There is no doubt about Reece's on pitch leadership, he demonstrated it beyond dispute while leading the 2017/2018 U18s to quadruple glory. He can show that kind of leadership with or without the armband but captaining a Premier League club carries other responsibilities. Responsibilities Reece is not ready for.

For example Reece is very uncomfortable with media duties. In front of a camera he goes into his shell and can barely get a word out. Being club captain is about representing, championing and defending club and squad off the pitch as well as on it. Reece is nowhere ready for that yet. He may or he may not ever gets there but as long as he's contributing on the pitch that's probably all you, me or any Chels fan will care about..

The Athletic's Chelsea journalists mentioned the same thing in their recent podcast and that he is very similar to Kante in that he becomes this dominant, assertive player on the field but off it, he is actually pretty quiet, low key etc. They also said it's a reason why Mount, among the young players, tends to get sent to do post-match interviews etc, even though James has done a few here and there. 

• Like 3
On 12/10/2020 at 4:21 PM, Jason said:

heard he has been on this project for a long time and only made it public and mentioned in interviews after he saw how Rashford went about highlighting causes

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Since Reece's youth team days a lot of fans have been saying that he would one day be captain of this club. Insiders like Jody Morris have apparently been thinking it for longer than that. I was among those fans but I now have doubts. There is no doubt about Reece's on pitch leadership, he demonstrated it beyond dispute while leading the U18s to quadruple glory in 2017/18. Like all players Reece can show that kind of leadership with or without the armband but captaining a Premier League club carries other responsibilities. Responsibilities Reece is not ready for.

For example, Reece is very uncomfortable with media duties. In front of a TV camera he goes into his shell and can barely get a word out. Being club captain is about representing, championing and defending club and squad off the pitch as well as on it. Reece is nowhere ready for the off field stuff yet. He may or he may not ever get there but as long as he's contributing on the pitch that's probably all you, me, or any Chels fan will care about.

A fair observation. 

Another fantastic performance from him. Type of performance that encapsulates his growth in character and application - best player on the pitch, instigating moves, really bringing the game to Everton on that right hand side. 

• Like 3

I was thinking about getting FIFA 21 until there isnt a proper next gen version for PES, but I gave up when I realized James looks terrible on FIFA, and they didn't fix his face in the next gen version. FIFA is a joke, they probably scanned the entire Liverpool squad to release promotional videos for the next gen version, while 90% of the game still has the same terrible faces from previous versions.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

According to the Mail hes been playing recently with a troublesome knee injury that may need surgery to sort out. 

You're late to the party. :lol: Go to the West Ham match thread. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

According to the Mail hes been playing recently with a troublesome knee injury that may need surgery to sort out. 

If that is true then someone needs sacking. We have Azpi ffs.

• Like 1