24. Reece James

the wes

Great to have him back. Really did no expect him to make an impact this season anymore. Admittedly, Gusto has been excellent in his own way. We are lucky to have two young RBs of this quality. But RJ is just supreme. The way he moves, the swagger, the physicality, the composure - it is one of a kind, apart form his sister lol. Granted, all this is worth zilch if he gets injured straight away again. I don't think his career can sustain another majore injury within the next few years. Physically he looks like has not lost any size but everybody could see how he was not properly conditioned for years still just looking at his terrible mobility. While we have no clue if any of this has improved or if the Foo Fighters physio thinks the surgery should have fixed it all, we can only hope that there has been work done on his overall resilience.

8 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Amazed he got through yesterday without getting injured.

How long before he get's injured again, cos I reckon he's perma fucked.

If his hamstring surgery was successful, he might be good for years. I mean, he will still get little injuries, all players do. He has been having a reoccurring hamstring issue. 

22 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

He was my fav player before the injuries, but since then he has regressed badly.

To be fair, he looked great in his little cameo last match, especially with the assist for the winner. Like he never left. 

17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

And not the first time. 

Now suspended for Bournemouth but also first 2 games next season. Brainless. 

Just needs to stay healthy over the summer as far as our play is concerned we still have gusto

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

And not the first time. 

Now suspended for Bournemouth but also first 2 games next season. Brainless. 

Suspended for first 3 games next season. 4 game ban since its his second red of the season. 

Stupid move, but I'll let it pass.

People can complain about the fact that he nearly cost the team all points today, but the fact is that he also won 2 points for the team last game with his assist to Jackson.

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

He's had brainfarts like this in the past, but more so this season. Has to be also impacted by all the injury spells he has had recently.

Anyway, even our best & most reliable players have had moments of stupidity.

JT, Drogba & even Cech (in 2008-2009)

Best just to move on and recover. 

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Stupid move, but I'll let it pass.

People can complain about the fact that he nearly cost the team all points today, but the fact is that he also won 2 points for the team last game with his assist to Jackson.

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

He's had brainfarts like this in the past, but more so this season. Has to be also impacted by all the injury spells he has had recently.

Anyway, even our best & most reliable players have had moments of stupidity.

JT, Drogba & even Cech (in 2008-2009)

Best just to move on and recover. 

You're right. Seemed like he kicked out as a momentary reaction. Doesn't seem to be a long-term attitude problem. 

Gusto can cover for another 4 games, no problem.

11 hours ago, Strike said:

Suspended for first 3 games next season. 4 game ban since its his second red of the season. 

In a season in which he has barely played. Pretty awful record. Honestly think he should get fined.

10 hours ago, Strike said:

You're right. Seemed like he kicked out as a momentary reaction. Doesn't seem to be a long-term attitude problem. 

Gusto can cover for another 4 games, no problem.

Indeed, after watching the game late and already knowing the result, I thought the reaction was more like "get away from me" than anything about hurting the Brighton player. Unfortunately, the kick (more like a push) movement looked pretty bad on slo-mo, so he got red carded.

VAR is WAY overused everywhere. Refs have become over reliant on it. It should only be used for obvious blatant error and nothing else really.