Daishawn Redan

11Drogba

On 28.3.2019 at 4:43 PM, Superblue_1986 said:

I completely agree with your assessments on Kakuta and McEachran. At the time there was a clamouring for a young prospect to come through the academy to make it at Chelsea. I think the crop over the last few years are of a far higher all round standard than back then.

I hold your opinion in high regard on this forum and I know you watch a lot of football beyond the first team for the club.

If the transfer ban holds up, and the only way to refresh our squad is through the academy and loan players, what players in your opinion are best equipped to make this possible transition next season?

What people forget is that Kakuta had a major injury and after that, he was never the same. Before his injury, he was way better, but people forget these kind of things

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hertha Berlin are close to agreeing a deal to sign 18-year-old Chelsea forward Daishawn Redan.

Chelsea beat a host of Europe's top clubs when they signed Redan from Ajax in 2017, but the 18-year-old has yet to make a first-team appearance for the club despite being a prolific goalscorer for the club's youth sides.

A number of clubs at home and abroad have been watching Redan, but Hertha Berlin have moved quickly to agree a deal with Chelsea.

Chelsea were reluctant to lose Redan, but have decided to accept Hertha's offer with the forward keen to be play regular first-team football at this stage of his career.

Redan is now set to become the latest Premier League youngster to make the move to the Bundesliga with German sides continuing to target the best young talents at Premier League clubs and offer them a clearer pathway to first-team football in one of Europe's top leagues.

Kicker claims the striker should sign a five-year deal with Hertha BSC in the ‘coming days’ after they reached an agreement in principle with him.

The Bundesliga side are in talks with the west London club and the two clubs should find an agreement for the teenager’s sale for around €2.5m

14 minutes ago, the wes said:

Kicker claims the striker should sign a five-year deal with Hertha BSC in the ‘coming days’ after they reached an agreement in principle with him.

The Bundesliga side are in talks with the west London club and the two clubs should find an agreement for the teenager’s sale for around €2.5m

Surprised we don't look at something similar to the Christensen loan. A 2 year deal would be ideal for development purposes but also acts as a bigger incentive to the club loaning to aid the players development knowing they can plan that bit longer with that player in the side. 

The deal seems pretty cheap, you would have to believe there's a buy back clause included in this.

Surprised we don't look at something similar to the Christensen loan. A 2 year deal would be ideal for development purposes but also acts as a bigger incentive to the club loaning to aid the players development knowing they can plan that bit longer with that player in the side. 
 The deal seems pretty cheap, you would have to believe there's a buy back clause included in this.
I think that would be inevitable. Last two notable youngsters had clauses (Ake & Thorgan), so it seems like the club are finally learning from past mistakes.

16 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm pretty sure that the club do look at all the options and then settles on what seems best. Why would they do anything other than that? They know any and all existing contractual obligations. They know the opinions of the coaches who have worked with the player. They know the player's own intentions. They know what possibilities exist for both a permanent, and a temporary transfer. In short they know all the facts and we know none.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm pretty sure that the club do look at all the options and then settles on what seems best. Why would they do anything other than that? They know any and all existing contractual obligations. They know the opinions of the coaches who have worked with the player. They know the player's own intentions. They know what possibilities exist for both a permanent, and a temporary transfer. In short they know all the facts and we know none.

Probably not worded that too well. That wasn't aimed as a criticism of the club, I agree with what you say I'm sure they more than analyse all options and select which is best.

It was more an opinion that from what I had seen he seems a potentially very promising striker and at 18 years old there's so much more development potentially. Just surprised the club are prepared to sell him whether their own decision or influenced by Redan himself.

What Chelsea have failed to do as highly-rated Daishawn Redan quits Stamford Bridge

CHELSEA have seen their promising youngster Daishawn Redan quit Stamford Bridge to join Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1155249/Chelsea-transfer-news-Daishawn-Redan-Hertha-Berlin

Teams all across Europe and been scouting the 18-year-old, with several Premier League teams also showing interest, but it was Hertha BSC who secured Redan for a reported fee of £5million.

However, according to reporter Marcel Barune, from German publication Bild, Chelsea did not include any buy-back clause in the deal.

Redan is a highly rated player and the decision to not include a first-option buy-back clause could end up costing Chelsea millions if he goes on to reach his potential.

snip

ffs

Someone may have to take pity on me and patiently explain what it is I fail to understand about buy back clauses because stories like this just cause me to doubt the knowledge and/or the integrity of the journalist concerned. I know they like to imagine that they could run a football business better than the people who actually do it, but surely there must be times when reality breaks through their fantasy?

All things being equal, would a selling club like to include a buy back clause in a sale agreement? Of course, it's good for them.

If that's not possible, would a selling club like to include a sell on clause? Of course, it's good for them.

This being so, when such clauses are not included in sales agreements is this likely to be because: -

a. The negotiators have never heard of such things. If they had they'd be too busy being journalists, and wouldn't have time to earn seven figure salaries running a multi billion pound business.

b. The negotiators were too busy doing their how to tie my own shoelaces homework and so weren't able to look into it.

c. There was in fact a perfectly sensible reason for it.

As ever with multi choice tests, one of those answers is right and the others are wrong. If there are any journalists sitting near you, don't let them copy your work.

Contracts are subject to negotiation. If the player moving on is positive about the club, if he'd be happy to come back one day, then fine; the club has the leverage to get a buyback clause into the agreement. The player may not feel like that however. If he does not want to accept that option, then how is the club going make him do so? Why would they even want to resign a player who is adamant he doesn't want to play for them?  Much more likely to seek to include a sell on fee but that takes leverage too. Leverage and judgement.

Judgement because clauses are likely to cost some up front cash since buying clubs seek to negotiate a discount if they are included. In that sense, they are a bet by the selling club; take the bigger fee now, or roll the dice? If only there was always a journalist around to ask. I'm being harsh on journos of course. They know all of this as well as we do and probably better. It's just that they have an incentive to use the excuse for writing a story.