Ronaldo warning

Metro

Ronaldo warning for Blues

Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo has promised to hit Chelsea where it hurts if they attempt to kick him off the Stamford Bridge pitch on Sunday.

The Premier League favourites face off in West London with the Blues knowing they could claim an already decisive-looking nine-point lead over last season's champions.

United have been in mediocre form by their standards so far this term but were boosted by the return of Ronaldo as a substitute in Wednesday's goalless Champions League draw with Villarreal.

The Portuguese winger had been out since undergoing ankle surgery in July, but he is expected to start against Chelsea and has warned United's title rivals that he is ready to strike back if they attempt to muscle him out of this weekend's crucial clash.

'I know that the attempts to intimidate me on the pitch will start again immediately - but everyone finds sooner or later that it is difficult to make me lose my rag,' he said.

'I'll be booted again but I will not kick out when it happens. I'm tough and, again, it's all just part of the spectacle.

'I'll do my damage as usual by paying them all back with my goals.'

Ronaldo also played down criticism of United's stuttering start to the season, which has seen them win just a single game in six, adding: 'There's no problem at all with our form. Last year we started like this, look how we ended up.'

Damage as usual ?

Hasnt he only scored once against us ?

W@nker

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He aint done fuck all against us and now we have a proper right back playing, fergie wont know what to do. Ashley always has him in his pocket so in the CL Final he put him on Essien but now we have capable full backs on either side and i'm sure bosingwa knows ronaldo quite well and scolari knows ronaldo quite well from their portugal games.

We are ready for you cheatiano ronaldive

Tart!

He would get a worse kicking from most other teams. He is just upset because Ashley can keep him on a leash and i am sure Bosingwa will too.

I'd hate to see Bosingwa against him because so far its looked to me like he's more than happy in attacking games where we're comfortable enough (i.e. Portsmouth, City, Bordeaux) but in games where some hard work is called for in defence he hasn't particularly looked up for it (Wigan, Spurs). Honestly think he'd struggle with Ronaldo.

I'd hate to see Bosingwa against him because so far its looked to me like he's more than happy in attacking games where we're comfortable enough (i.e. Portsmouth, City, Bordeaux) but in games where some hard work is called for in defence he hasn't particularly looked up for it (Wigan, Spurs). Honestly think he'd struggle with Ronaldo.

You could also argue that Bosingwa attacking all the time would push Ronaldo back... but maybe that's flimsy tactics.

You could also argue that Bosingwa attacking all the time would push Ronaldo back... but maybe that's flimsy tactics.

Proper risky. Maybe Bosingwa will prove me wrong by the end of the season, but right now he makes me a little nervous against opposition that'll need more defensive tactics.

Proper risky. Maybe Bosingwa will prove me wrong by the end of the season, but right now he makes me a little nervous against opposition that'll need more defensive tactics.

I agree with you. At Porto, though, he never really had to defend because its such an all-out attacking league. I'm sure he'll learn his defensive responsibilites are more pronounced in English football.