• Morata
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched our last 3 matches I think that teams should have copped on by now that if they play defensive football against us they will be taken apart. Next week I can see Eddie Howe telling his team to attack us down the flanks at every opportunity. They will be a good test for us

Just now, Pizy said:

That one moment that Luiz switched off has left a bit of worry for a lot of people. He was otherwise excellent the whole game. Rüdiger was as well. Luiz is certainly going to be a worry against top class sides but he's perfect in games like this where we have almost all of the ball.

Yeah but the season will be long , Christensen will come in , Azpil can switch , Captain Cahill etc etc, hopefully rotation and Sarri coaching will help also !

I know that once we are defending and pressing as ome and our passing becomes quicker we shall mot look as bad in defense but right now I think the wee baldy man is being used wrong. Up on the right wing most of the time just isn;t working right now. Whether Pedro or Willians there he still didn;t fit.

4 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

Having watched our last 3 matches I think that teams should have copped on by now that if they play defensive football against us they will be taken apart. Next week I can see Eddie Howe telling his team to attack us down the flanks at every opportunity. They will be a good test for us

Yeah and slap on the video footage of last seasons debacle of a game against them at da bridge !

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I know that once we are defending and pressing as ome and our passing becomes quicker we shall mot look as bad in defense but right now I think the wee baldy man is being used wrong. Up on the right wing most of the time just isn;t working right now. Whether Pedro or Willians there he still didn;t fit.

Yeah 10 - 15 yards wrong both ways  , be interesting if Jorge boy and him switched roles? Be fun when it all click me thinks ...

25 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We weren't playing at dirty bastards at the same time to mate.

But it did show the spirit in the lads right now. They have it in them to beat these teams even at this early stage.

We have to take the best out of these results

i meant only us parking the bus years before when it mattered most, not the dirty thug tactics of course, we are way too classy for that ;)

Things to point out.

My heart can't take this hahaha

Kante on the wing, not a good sight imo.

Yedlin? TAKE THAT YOU CUNT

Awful ref.

The possession was incredible. More than 80% was something I did not expect, but then again, they just stuck 10 men in the box.

On to the next one! I'm loving what Sarri is doing.

COYB!

Seeing several people moan a little about Kante in an advanced position. Thought he was great today. He surprises me more and more with his ability on the ball. Good interplay with his teammates, good first touch, makes nice surging runs into space, and he keeps the ball moving quickly.

He's not just a pure destroyer like most people think. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Seeing several people moan a little about Kante in an advanced position. Thought he was great today. He surprises me more and more with his ability on the ball. Good interplay with his teammates, good first touch, makes nice surging runs into space, and he keeps the ball moving quickly.

I'm totally positive that the wee baldy man will be excellent higher up and have said so often since we bought him.

And once the team learn how to press/defend together and get their passes off quicker I personally think that he could be used as a B2B and not just keep him on the right side up top.

We know that our defense could be stronger and against teams that are quicker will be causing us a ton of grief. Its in the teams best interest to give them some help when needed. Not to stay there.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I think he could be a much more technically proficient version of Ramires. I know maybe not the greatest compliment to the guy as hes world class but I still remember how Ramires excelled in a 3 man MF under AVB (although the team struggled severely) and got a lot of goals in that season. Heres hoping Kante keeps it up, I was very impressed with him today, hes getting more and more tuned to that role hes in.