Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

Athletic Bilbao 'keep close tabs on £72m former No 1 Kepa Arrizabalaga' after world's most expensive keeper is dropped by Frank Lampard with his long-term Chelsea future up in the air

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7963299/Athletic-Bilbao-close-tabs-72m-former-No-1-Kepa-Arrizabalaga.html

7 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Rumours of Guaita came out last week because I think his Palace contract may be running down and so is Caballero's so the club are probably looking at him as a younger backup option to Willy. It makes sense as the club previously has looked domestically for a backup keeper who knows the league and can offer expected reliability.

I think the Mirror have taken those suggestions and lazily included it in this piece. There is no way we're taking a Palace backup to be our first choice keeper.

I'd also be surprised if Nick Pope was the keeper we'd look at to replace Kepa. I personally don't think he's good enough and would be found wanting making the step up.

It would be VERY Chelsea to replace the keeper with the worst save stat in the league with the keeper with the second worst save stat in the league. 

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Athletic Bilbao 'keep close tabs on £72m former No 1 Kepa Arrizabalaga' after world's most expensive keeper is dropped by Frank Lampard with his long-term Chelsea future up in the air

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7963299/Athletic-Bilbao-close-tabs-72m-former-No-1-Kepa-Arrizabalaga.html

They may be one of the few clubs we could sell too for a pretty good figure given their inability to sign anyone non-Basque.

With that in mind, I'm not aware of their finances but I would assume they're a pretty wealthy club unless they have to pay well above market rate on wages to keep players at the club?

As I've said in a previous post if he makes a mistake against United or Spurs (especially them) he will get the treatment off the fans and his confidence will be shot to pieces. Personally I wouldn't play him for the foreseeable future apart from the fa cup Willy is just a better option at the moment which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Still think the league cup final debacle was the biggest act of petulance I've ever seen on a football pitch and made Sarri look an utter tit it wasn't brave it was foolhardy and embarrassing.

The only thing at the moment I'm holding on to with Kepa is that last season his best performances probably came down the end stretch of the season and he seemed to take the League Cup final debacle on the chin and if anything come back stronger from it and the subsequent dropping in the Spurs game.

It will be interesting to see if being dropped last weekend has a similar effect on him. If it doesn't I cannot see him staying here long term because he's almost getting to the point of no return with his performances this season.

i wouldn`t get rid of Kepa just yet and don`t believe the media reports where they suggest he won`t get another chance this season. but we do need to give him a proper rival for the starting birth. having Rob Green and Willy C..he hasn`t exactly had to fight for his place.

not saying we should spend 50m plus but just somebody who Kepa would know he has to be on his A game or risk not playing for an extended period of time,perhaps permanently for us. there`s always the chance of a longterm injury too we need to be prepared for. 

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Spanish outlet El Mundo has a "theory" on Kepa's dip in form.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kepa-arrizabalagas-chelsea-form-blamed-21430014

(insert your 'can't hold onto anything' joke here...)

I am sure Pedro's wife appreciates the last bit of that article.

39 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I am sure Pedro's wife appreciates the last bit of that article.

I believe they have divorced. His ex and children are back living in Spain. 

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/10/19/chelsea-star-could-seek-transfer-away-after-growing-frustrated-with-reduced-role-under-lampard/

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Spanish outlet El Mundo has a "theory" on Kepa's dip in form.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kepa-arrizabalagas-chelsea-form-blamed-21430014

(insert your 'can't hold onto anything' joke here...)

Kepa is the best looking bloke on the team, along with Giroud, and is worth 10's of millions of pounds

surely he can find a new bird to date

he can get tips from Tomori, lololol

Just now, Vesper said:

Kepa is the best looking bloke on the team, along with Giroud, and is worth 10's of millions of pounds

surely he can find a new bird to date

he can get tips from Tomori, lololol

His form went downhill the minute he went with the shitty Barkley haircut. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

It is really strange to see that there are talks of selling Kepa this summer while nothing is said when other players under-perform or just pure average...

I think it's just far more unusual for a first choice keeper to be dropped for a big game.

Probably being blown out of proportion at present, but if Lampard continues to prefer Caballero or Kepa gets back in and keeps playing poorly then there's a very real chance we look at an alternative in the summer.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

I think it's just far more unusual for a first choice keeper to be dropped for a big game.

Probably being blown out of proportion at present, but if Lampard continues to prefer Caballero or Kepa gets back in and keeps playing poorly then there's a very real chance we look at an alternative in the summer.

Nothing wrong with looking for alternatives but all this talk of selling him already while we have countless of other average players still on the books!

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nothing wrong with looking for alternatives but all this talk of selling him already while we have countless of other average players still on the books!

I personally think Lampard has a bit of a ruthless edge about him and will start the cull this summer.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I personally think Lampard has a bit of a ruthless edge about him and will start the cull this summer.

We'll see. At times, it feels like Lampard still doesn't know the best XI and is just simply rotating around, like with the 4 CBs.