Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

On 19-1-2020 at 4:04 AM, Superblue_1986 said:

He and Hazard also gave a lot of mixed messages in the media about staying or going. One interview he'd talk about going back to Madrid for family reasons, and another interview he'd say he could stay in London for a few more years and move back to Madrid at the end of his career.

Yes it was always likely that he would go but it's never a given. There are lots of examples that players or clubs perform a u-turn when it looks unlikely. 

As I said, the club took a calculated risk letting him play another year of his contract out but I believe at the time it probably felt the right call because he was one of the best around. 

What were the mixed messages of Courtois?

I only remember: "F*ck Chelsea. No, really, f*ck Chelsea. I'm not gonna renew, my kids live in f*cking Madrid. Real Madrid, anytime, anyday. No, not gonna renew. F*ck those Chelsea pricks. No, really. F*ck Chelsea."

What part of the previous comments actually sounded mixed?

5 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

I only remember: "F*ck Chelsea. No, really, f*ck Chelsea. I'm not gonna renew, my kids live in f*cking Madrid. Real Madrid, anytime, anyday. No, not gonna renew. F*ck those Chelsea pricks. No, really. F*ck Chelsea."

He was already yipping about it in 2016

https://www.pressreader.com/malta/malta-independent/20160102/282089160746972

2580796a13ec0a02afde9661f2c4b7d7.png

Courtois wants Spain return having ‘cried’ at leaving Atletico

Date published: Tuesday 20th September 2016 11:25

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/courtois-wants-spain-return-having-cried-at-leaving-atletico

05a6fa069368708e7ed01e62a2157640.png

Thibaut Courtois refuses to state long-term commitment to Chelsea

Press Association

Sat 26 Mar 2016 10.13 GMTLast modified on Mon 20 Feb 2017 11.51 GMT

b7d5ac5418fc119f389eb4181280623f.png

and then again in early 2017

Real Madrid transfer stunner: Chelsea star buys house in Spain ahead of move - report

CHELSEA star Thibaut Courtois has bought a house in Spain ahead of a potential move to Real Madrid, according to reports.

6 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/21/chelseas-thibaut-courtois-shrugs-off-real-madrid-talk-and-plans-to-stay

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3714847/thiabut-courtois-will-stay-at-chelsea/

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/thibaut-courtois-says-he-s-committed-to-chelsea-in-biggest-hint-yet-that-he-will-stay-beyond-the-a3791776.html

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
3 hours ago, Jason said:

And if he doesn't, he'll most likely still retain his place. Problem with a number of players at this club, due to lack of serious competition.

But Lampard did seem to indirectly warn Kepa that if he doesn't show improvement between now and May, he'll look for replacement in the summer...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/24/frank-lampard-confirms-goalkeeper-selection-for-hull-and-discuss?cardIndex=0-3

With a week remaining until the closing of the winter transfer window, Lampard was asked whether there was a chance he could be in the market for a new goalkeeper but quickly shut down the suggestion and insisted that the answer to improvement was to keep on working.

‘I’m not looking at it now and I’m not affected by criticism from the outside as much,’ he explained. ‘I’m aware of it but not affected by it. I think Kepa knows and he’ll be honest, there have been some mistakes that he’s made that have cost goals and that’s the nature of it so that needs to improve.’

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is not defending Kepa but the defence in front of him is also crap...

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is not defending Kepa but the defence in front of him is also crap...

I agree!

It's amazing to see we're still in 4th place, yet in terms of points we're closer to the bottom team than the top lol.

But it's obviously not just us who aren't all that.

Between them, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Utd have played 94 games and eon 35 of them. It's another top four race to see who is the least worst.

Kepa is one bad mistake from getting the boo boy treatment or the ironic cheers when he makes a simple save. There were a lot of mumerings on Tuesday night but they will only get louder if his form continues. Some people don't like booing me I've got no problem with it when a pampered millionaire is not doing his job properly he should be told in no uncertain terms.

17 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Kepa is one bad mistake from getting the boo boy treatment or the ironic cheers when he makes a simple save. There were a lot of mumerings on Tuesday night but they will only get louder if his form continues. Some people don't like booing me I've got no problem with it when a pampered millionaire is not doing his job properly he should be told in no uncertain terms.

Be careful you might upset the snowflakes.

There are plenty of good, young gks around. Strakosha, Meret, Zentner, Onana, Donnarumm, Maignan, Lopez. And if we dont wanna take a gamble on an unexperienced keeper we could still go for Gulasci or Rui Patricio.

But i could imagine we could use a new gk coach as well the way kepa's form has gone down. The guy we lately hired does not seem to cut it.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

But i could imagine we could use a new gk coach as well the way kepa's form has gone down. The guy we lately hired does not seem to cut it.

Hilario and Christophe Lollichon (also a GK scout)

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/managers/henrique-hilario

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christophe-lollichon-1a842217/?originalSubdomain=uk

There are plenty of good, young gks around. Strakosha, Meret, Zentner, Onana, Donnarumm, Maignan, Lopez. And if we dont wanna take a gamble on an unexperienced keeper we could still go for Gulasci or Rui Patricio.
I have watched Donnarumma 3 times this season and he did not really impress at all. Very clumsy goalkeeper

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk