Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

30 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't know how reliable the person is because I don't see it reported in other outlets but in any case, it is one thing wanting to sell him, it is another trying to find a buyer. Kepa still has 5.5 years left in his contract and if you take that and his wages into account, he is going to cost a lot and I don't think there are any other big clubs out there in need of a 1st choice keeper. They are certainly not going to spend big money based on his current form. We could sell him on a cheap and take a huge loss but I'm not sure the club are willing to do that. 

If Nick Pope is seriously one of the early names mentioned as replacement, then the club are idiots and likely haven't done their homework because in terms of the key stats, Pope is the 2nd worst keeper in the Premier League this season, ahead of only Kepa (https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11913442/kepa-arrizabalagas-chelsea-future-is-he-a-problem-for-frank-lampard). Getting Pope to replace Kepa is like trying to replace Karius with Mignolet, who is only marginally better than Karius but isn't good at all for a top club. 

Who thought paying 70m for Kepa was not a crazy idea. Kepa is the product of the stupid post 2012 club policy of only spending cash in u23 players. Since 2012 most of the time the club lack leaders and is full of players weak characters. When van der Sar was bough by United back in 2005 he was 35 years old, and left the club as a club legend.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

The Shocking Stats That Reveal Kepa Arrizabalaga's Remarkable Fall From Grace This Season

https://www.90min.com/posts/6542061-the-shocking-stats-that-reveal-kepa-arrizabalaga-s-remarkable-fall-from-grace-this-season?utm_source=RSS

Feels true. It feels almost like we concede from every shot. The last save from leap I actively remember is from last year

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Who thought paying 70m for Kepa was not a crazy idea. Kepa is the product of the stupid post 2012 club policy of only spending cash in u23 players. Since 2012 most of the time the club lack leaders and is full of players weak characters. When van der Sar was bough by United back in 2005 he was 35 years old, and left the club as a club legend.

It works on any position but Keeper. 

We can spend big money on striker and winger and still be able to recoup a fee. 

Goalkeeper is a whole different thing. 

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Had the same, long conversation with someone on Twitter the other day!

You are not wrong but on the other hand, if we sort out the attacking issues down the other hand, we would not have to worry too much about conceding. If attacking players don't score, they indirectly put pressure on the defence. If the defence can't defend, they indirectly put pressure on the attackers to score.

I'm genuinely curious to see who we're targeting to replace Caballero. Promote Cumming to #2 or buy someone else? If it's the former, it might be worth to just throw him into the fire right now. Can't be any worse than Kepa at this point!

Don't really want another youth player in right now. The lack of patience and in some cases abuse the ones we've already promoted are getting is disturbing and I think we need to shield the other lads away from similar.

Would rather we went into the market for one right now, even a mere solid one will significantly boost us.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Don't really want another youth player in right now. The lack of patience and in some cases abuse the ones we've already promoted are getting is disturbing and I think we need to shield the other lads away from similar.

F THEM!

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And the funny thing is, Bulka left us to join PSG and is now the 3rd choice keeper there. 

He was impressive in our practice games before we got Kepa from what I remember.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
And the funny thing is, Bulka left us to join PSG and is now the 3rd choice keeper there. 
From what I have seen from Bulka, he seemed to be a good goalkeeper. Just was not a Sarri Ball type of goalkeeper. Better than Kepa I think, which is Not hard though

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

From what I have seen from Bulka, he seemed to be a good goalkeeper. Just was not a Sarri Ball type of goalkeeper. Better than Kepa I think, which is Not hard though

Kepa was great last season. Saved us so many times. With Hazard, RLC, Kante and Rudiger he was top5 performance wise. Probably player of the year after Eden. This season he's not doing good. Probably confidence issue. OK Rudiger is back but for majority of season he had Zouma in front of him. I would be scared as goalkeeper everytime.

He was player of the match against Brighton on January 1st. It's strange to me that all this Kepa talk came after last night game and he wasn't at fault for any goal :dunno: