Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

Just now, Vesper said:

we surely at least need to get decent competition for him

You know as a keeper coach myself I'll always look for a way to defend my goalkeeper, but that's the final straw for me. ANY professional goalkeeper should have that save. That one was worse than Pope's last week for Tammy's header. 

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He got questioned about him couple of weeks ago.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

But hardly much. Kepa is the most expensive keeper in the world but the media don't seem bother to even create some sort of drama and ask questions, like they typically do!

But hardly much. Kepa is the most expensive keeper in the world but the media don't seem bother to even create some sort of drama and ask questions, like they typically do!
So you want the media to bash a already not so confident Kepa ? We will have to Keep him at least Til Next Summer.

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

So you want the media to bash a already not so confident Kepa ? We will have to Keep him at least Til Next Summer.

No, I'm just surprised that there has been a lack of attention over his form. Maybe because he doesn't have some big personality but you've seen what the English media do with players like Pogba and yet, there's barely anything on Kepa. They don't even question Lampard despite his dodgy form, Kepa having one of the worst save ratios etc. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

No, I'm just surprised that there has been a lack of attention over his form. Maybe because he doesn't have some big personality but you've seen what the English media do with players like Pogba and yet, there's barely anything on Kepa. They don't even question Lampard despite his dodgy form, Kepa having one of the worst save ratios etc. 

Shh! don't give them ideas :finger:

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I've said it on here before he's our worse keeper since Dave Beasant and he looks like Dutch from The Shield.

See the source image

In September 1992, two mistakes in a match against Norwich City led to Chelsea manager Ian Porterfield telling the media that Beasant would never play for the club again, although in fact he returned to the side when Porterfield was sacked later that season.

During the 1993–94 season Beasant sustained an unusual injury when, while making a sandwich in his kitchen, he dropped a 2 kg glass bottle of salad cream on his foot, severing the tendon to his big toe. As a result, he missed eight weeks of the season.

An the absolute trash dog in Kepa shows its ugly face again again again again. While there is plenty of positions that could be strengthened on this Chelsea team, the keeper position is one that is absolutely needed if the club wants to be taken seriously. He is dog shit.

£143m (fee plus salary) Kepa is now on track possibly erase Drinkwater as the donkey of donkies (in fact erase like 3 or 4 more shit buys all by himself)

and this ALL goes down to Marina and the board's refusal to sell Courtois (for at least 75m as well I remind you) in summer 2017 to RM

add in the 45m or so less we got for Cuntois, plus the insane over pay for Kepa in 2018

the numbers are jaw dropping

Image result for donkey rey

#fucktheboard

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

£143m (fee plus salary) Kepa is now on track possibly erase Drinkwater as the donkey of donkies (in fact erase like 3 or 4 more shit buys all by himself)

and this ALL goes down to Marina and the board's refusal to sell Courtois (for at least 75m as well I remind you) in summer 2017 to RM

add in the 45m or so less we got for Cuntois, plus the insane over pay for Kepa in 2018

the numbers are jaw dropping

Image result for donkey rey

#fucktheboard

Easy to look at this now in hindsight I think but the club probably still felt there was a good chance of getting Courtois to re-sign with 2 years left on his deal. It's a calculated risk in my opinion when you have one of the best in the world in their position and at an excellent age at the club and trying to retain their services.

Kepa may have ended up a bit of a panic buy in the end but from what it appears our number one target was Alisson and number two was Oblak who both rejected us. Then, again, if reports are to be believed we made a choice that we'd keep Courtois the extra season and let him leave on a free and re-assess the following season. Again, not possible once Courtois started to force the move (and in hindsight a good move after the ban in the summer window)

When some of the other names we were being linked to were the likes of Butland and even Joe Hart, could you imagine the meltdown if we sold Courtois and brought one of these in to replace? 

Kepa clearly isn't a mug. He's highly regarded in Spain, with a lot of people preferring him over De Gea and Real Madrid made a move for him before Courtois. 

But he hasn't played well for a while and it does create a big problem, as you've pointed out, with the commitment made on him it almost has to be followed through now because no club is going to pay the fee we did for him. I think the most damning indictment of him at present is any shot in or around our box at present I'm not confident of him saving, even fairly standard ones. 

11 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Easy to look at this now in hindsight I think but the club probably still felt there was a good chance of getting Courtois to re-sign with 2 years left on his deal. It's a calculated risk in my opinion when you have one of the best in the world in their position and at an excellent age at the club and trying to retain their services.

Kepa may have ended up a bit of a panic buy in the end but from what it appears our number one target was Alisson and number two was Oblak who both rejected us. Then, again, if reports are to be believed we made a choice that we'd keep Courtois the extra season and let him leave on a free and re-assess the following season. Again, not possible once Courtois started to force the move (and in hindsight a good move after the ban in the summer window)

When some of the other names we were being linked to were the likes of Butland and even Joe Hart, could you imagine the meltdown if we sold Courtois and brought one of these in to replace? 

Kepa clearly isn't a mug. He's highly regarded in Spain, with a lot of people preferring him over De Gea and Real Madrid made a move for him before Courtois. 

But he hasn't played well for a while and it does create a big problem, as you've pointed out, with the commitment made on him it almost has to be followed through now because no club is going to pay the fee we did for him. I think the most damning indictment of him at present is any shot in or around our box at present I'm not confident of him saving, even fairly standard ones. 

Courtois in 2017 said over and over and over and over he wanted to go back to Madrid and would not renew.

If we (my wife, my family, all my real life Blues mates, my goddamn Bulgarian mani-pedi woman (not joking we talked footie all the time, her auntie was neighbours with Stoichov in Plovdiv) ffs) knew he was gone, surely the board did OR they are truly as fucking STUPID as I think.

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Courtois in 2017 said over and over and over and over he wanted to go back to Madrid and would not renew.

If we (my wife, my family, all my real life Blues mates, my goddamn Bulgarian mani-pedi woman (not joking we talked footie all the time, her auntie was neighbours with Stoichov in Plovdiv) ffs) knew he was gone, surely the board did OR they are truly as fucking STUPID as I think.

He and Hazard also gave a lot of mixed messages in the media about staying or going. One interview he'd talk about going back to Madrid for family reasons, and another interview he'd say he could stay in London for a few more years and move back to Madrid at the end of his career.

Yes it was always likely that he would go but it's never a given. There are lots of examples that players or clubs perform a u-turn when it looks unlikely. 

As I said, the club took a calculated risk letting him play another year of his contract out but I believe at the time it probably felt the right call because he was one of the best around. 

Kepa Arrizabalaga's Chelsea future: Is he a problem for Frank Lampard?

Goalkeeper's statistics suggest he is costing Chelsea goals and experts in the field believe there is a technical flaw in his game

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11913442/kepa-arrizabalagas-chelsea-future-is-he-a-problem-for-frank-lampard

great article