Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

3 hours ago, El P. said:

Well, one thing is for sure. I can't see Kovačić and Hazard both going to Madrid. If it really comes to Eden leaving for them, our board will be smart enough to include Kovačić permanent buy in the deal. If he comes good for us, of course.

Any deal for Hazard, we must include getting both Asencio and Kovacic. Nothing less

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Another pot-stirrer

Why Maurizio Sarri must not drop Ross Barkley for Mateo Kovacic against Newcastle

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/maurizio-sarri-barkley-kovacic-newcastle-15055102

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

This article will cause some argy bargy I wager.....

Opinion: This is the reason why Kovacic’s spell at Chelsea must end next summer

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/opinion-this-is-the-reason-why-kovacics-spell-at-chelsea-must-end-next-summer/

Such articles have only one reason - English bias. If Barkley and RLC were named Tshabalala and Djemba-Djemba respectively none of those outlets could care less about their fates.

Such articles have only one reason - English bias. If Barkley and RLC were named Tshabalala and Djemba-Djemba respectively none of those outlets could care less about their fates.
I was going to say neither would we.

But we signed djilobodji so i am not too sure anymore

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Another pot-stirrer

Why Maurizio Sarri must not drop Ross Barkley for Mateo Kovacic against Newcastle

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/maurizio-sarri-barkley-kovacic-newcastle-15055102

For the moment is good that Barkely starts. 

Kovacic not ready yet for full game. I think Sarri mentioned something similar along the lines. 

Maybe by September he will be starting 11. Take it easy for now, ease him slowly into the PL. 

The idiots are out in force then writing stupid articles it seems. If the chance to get Kovacic comes up and the club doesn't take it to use RLC then we will have lost the plot. Its not even close. Ruben has to go on loan this season. 10000000% 

RLC-3.jpg

This graphic is very stupid.

- Yes he has a robust frame but we've seen for years smaller players, the majority of the best PL players are below 6 ft and aren't as bulky, can do just as good as anybody if not better.

- Being homegrown doesn't mean your a good player. Ask Gary Cahill, Danny Drinkwater or Victor Moses.

- Room to improve yes but not at the expense of the chance to have such a talented player such as Kovacic who can contribute much more quicker?

- Excellent technical ability? Again, not 100% sold on that. Hes a good dribbler, takes the easy pass too often though, hes technically sound enough but I think again under pressure he panics and isn't adventurous enough to play between the lines or cut defences open. 

- His work rate needs improved ten fold.

- He needs to get fitter so he doesn't fade out of games come the 65th minute.

If anybody and I mean anybody, in the world, think that Ruben should be prioritised next season over the chance of signing somebody as talented as Kovacic, who in that wee cameo probably looked better than RLC ever has in the PL, then I am sorry but get your head checked out. 

3 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

Asensio is shit. Would rather we give those chances to CHO. 

Not a chance that Asensio is s**t. He's a very good player, infact his skill set, close/tight ball control, long range shooting and great linkup play is perfect for Sarri's system. We also have 2 ageing wingers in Pedro and Willian who we have to replace with CHO and someone else at some point in the next 2 seasons. 

Anyways the swap will never happen so who I'm I kidding..

11 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We do need to work Mat in the deal somehow.

Straight buy, I would go up to Jorginho level cash, Kovacic is a special talent. I will go fucking mental if Real go cockblocktopus on us with him.

142b8b5c77472adc62dfd86cfe90b61e.jpg

17 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Not a chance that Asensio is s**t. He's a very good player, infact his skill set, close/tight ball control, long range shooting and great linkup play is perfect for Sarri's system. We also have 2 ageing wingers in Pedro and Willian who we have to replace with CHO and someone else at some point in the next 2 seasons. 

Anyways the swap will never happen so who I'm I kidding..

Asensio is overrated thats why he can not get into that Real Madrid side, watch his other games in which he didnt score. Remember the name Isaac Cuenca, Munir and Cristian Tello? Remember how they were tearing it up playing next to Messi but were soon exposed outside the Barca system. Thats the same with Asensio and Vasquez. Watch Spain's world cup games for reference. Even Madrid fans know Asensio is not the real deal. 

18 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

Asensio is overrated thats why he can not get into that Real Madrid side, watch his other games in which he didnt score. Remember the name Isaac Cuenca, Munir and Cristian Tello? Remember how they were tearing it up playing next to Messi but were soon exposed outside the Barca system. Thats the same with Asensio and Vasquez. Watch Spain's world cup games for reference. Even Madrid fans know Asensio is not the real deal. 

Asensio is a special talent. Cannot dispute that. Nobody is the real deal at 20 or 21 years old. Not even Messi or Ronaldo were. The reason hes so well regarded is because he has huge potential and even right now he is more than good enough to play for a lot of teams. Isco Asensio Bale is the future at Madrid now Ronaldo has gone. 

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ckr94zRWYAA9op5.jpg180717152959-mbappe-tease-super-tease.jp

Pele is a different era.

Mbappe can still grow, anybody who thinks he is the finished article, get real. The guy has so much football in him still and he will become an absolute phenomenal footballer, somebody who along with Neymar can challenge Messi and Ronaldo for Ballon D'Or, Hazard as well if he gets that ruthlessness in his game. He is very very good but I wouldn't go as far as saying hes the real deal because he still had his inconsistencies for PSG last season and I wouldn't be surprised if he still does. A good WC doesn't necessarily change that. 

We have different visions of what is the real deal. I would take Mbappe over ANY player on the planet today (due to Messi and CR7 age), and Pele would dominate in today's game.

Total matches: 1,375 
Goals scored: 1,285

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_de_jogos_e_gols_marcados_por_Pelé

18 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

My prediction of how good Asensio can be can only be proved over time. Just like how I saw mbappe's talent, Asensio may not be on that level but he's going to be a great player imo. We'll see his progression in the next few years...