Followers 6

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The trio is getting ready!

Wrong.  Typical knee jerk reaction of judging after one game.   

That's not like a 1 season loan player speaks.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised not one person has commented on his thread. He was top quality last night. A huge majority of people were dreading seeing him in the lineup. Wow, he was quality. His dribbling is actually up there with the best in the league. I would say after Hazard and Bernardo Silva, he is arguably the best close ball dribbler in the league. Fantastic!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Stats said:

Surprised not one person has commented on his thread. He was top quality last night. A huge majority of people were dreading seeing him in the lineup. Wow, he was quality. His dribbling is actually up there with the best in the league. I would say after Hazard and Bernardo Silva, he is arguably the best close ball dribbler in the league. Fantastic!

He was excellent tonight. I've said previously if the ban remains it's a no brainer to buy him for the right price else we're going to be alarmingly stretched in the middle next season.

Our midfield trio dominated Arsenal in the second half tonight.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He was excellent tonight. I've said previously if the ban remains it's a no brainer to buy him for the right price else we're going to be alarmingly stretched in the middle next season.

Our midfield trio dominated Arsenal in the second half tonight.

I shat on him at half time and he deserved it. He was ridiculously passive. 

But once we scored 2, he improved alot. Played more relaxed and managed to pull of some quality moves.

If only he played like that on consistent basis, but unfortunely isnt anyhwere near reliable enough. Its 80% chance he will have first half type of game.

• Like 3
But once we scored 2, he improved alot. Played more relaxed and managed to pull of some quality moves.
If only he played like that on consistent basis, but unfortunely isnt anyhwere near reliable enough. Its 80% chance he will have first half type of game.
It's easy to compliment someone once we've won rather than taking everything into account.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I agree he hasn't pulled up any trees this season. He seemed to play the second half without any shackles on, I'm not sure if that was because the game opened up significantly more. Sarri said at half time he wanted the team to play with more bravery in their play and they certainly showed that. I feel Barkley has been in the same boat this season where both have seemed to play within themselves, seemingly scared to make mistakes. That's why when RLC caught fire it felt like such a breath of fresh air. If Sarri remains, you would hope that he can get these sort of performances (not just Kovacic but the team as a whole) on a regular and more consistent basis.

The problem the club has with the ban next season and RLC out long term is without Kovacic still there we literally have 3 senior midfielders in a 3 man midfield. I want to see more young players blooded and given chances but it would be suicidal from the club to be left so thin in such an important area of the pitch. 

Given our situation, no choice but to retain him for next season. There is no RLC for the first few months.

Hopefully, he will build on a solid if unspectacular campaign. 

Just now, Strike said:

Given our situation, no choice but to retain him for next season. There is no RLC for the first few months.

Hopefully, he will build on a solid if unspectacular campaign. 

Are we even able to buy him?

I always said I would take him for a good price. He would be good depth. 

But we need to do better then him. Again one game does not mean much. 

For depth he is good to have. 

Just now, Fernando said:

Are we even able to buy him?

I always said I would take him for a good price. He would be good depth. 

But we need to do better then him. Again one game does not mean much. 

For depth he is good to have. 

Yes. I believe so since he is already registered at the club. 35m euros is the price I've read in papers. Or 35m off the Hazard deal. Either way....

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

One game does not change anything. 

Even mikel had an amazing game in the CL final. 

This. Arsenal's midfield was beyond shit. 

Jorginho cover and nothing else if we were to sign him permanently. Can play the other CM positions if we lack numbers. 

13 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Kovacic is staying. Chelsea close to agreed to a permanent move for the Croatian. #CFC 👍

If he consistently plays like the 2nd half in Baku then I do not have an issue with this, due to the bans

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If he consistently plays like the 2nd half in Baku then I do not have an issue with this, due to the bans

Well he does have very special ability, we have evidence of that. Just needs to deliver week in week out and not every 3 months. Under right manager, tactics and circumstances he could become a very very good player

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...