Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

hope he starts in the next game cause Barkley is useless in midfield cause he' doesnt help out Kante and jorghino in midfield Barkley better as number 10 role not in three man midfield in the 4-3-3 formation 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Kovačić looks the part we need to sign him permanent

Hes the bollox mate!

I really hope we do have some sort of buy option cause I see a partnership blooming between him and Eden and RM is going to just love that!

But it will drive Edens price up what with ZZ will be wanting him too.

And Eden doesn't seem in a rush to sign a new contract no matter what the bribes are we offer him.

Lets hope that its all in hand and hes not just being a T'Boa

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Still early days but already looks better defensively from a tactical POV than Barkley and his introduction helped us to totally control the last 30 minutes. 

Yeah I'd agree.

Barkley had a good game as well (defensively still could do better though) I think so its great to have competition in that role (when was the last time we had a midfield that was so varied and had a lot of different profiles of players with different skill sets?), can only help although we all know Kovacic is the man for that role when hes at 100% unless Barkley goes on a very good run. I still think Barkley will get the nod next week and Kovacic will get more minutes off the bench. Expect Hazard to start next week as well think that is two games now where hes came on and played enough minutes and looking fitter, so another weeks training should be fine.

I like Sarri's thinking for integrating the likes of Hazard and Kovacic in, giving them adequate rest (I know we are only 2 games in but this is a guy not known for rotating a lot) and also gradually building up their game time off the bench considering their world cup campaigns and not having worked with him as early as some of the others (as well as giving some of the other guys a good chance to stake a claim), especially considering that usually Hazard is a slow starter in terms of how he gets going in the PL but that is two sub appearances and now 2 assists for him. Goals will start coming next. Feel he could have had one yesterday but wasn't selfish enough. 

20 hours ago, laeth said:

With that 17 on his back, he stature and how he moves, I was having trouble distinguishing him and Hazard on the pitch. They play very similarly!

Same. He looked like an early Hazard with that 17, sometimes I couldn't distinguish until I saw the number on the back. Really really liked what I saw. Much more mobile and agile than Barkley, imposes himself on the game more. Noticed that Jorginho started going higher upfield once Mateo came on, possibly instructions from Sarri to mix things up with Kova being more solid defensively in a deeper role than Barkley. Really confused the hell out of Arsenal, they didn't have a clue what was happening around them... Our 64% possession shows that, since when do we hold so much of the ball against Arsenal of all teams? I think that's never happened before.

Mateo Kovacic reveals how Maurizio Sarri convinced him to join Chelsea

Mateo Kovacic has revealed the influence Maurizio Sarri played in his decision to join Chelsea this summer. Croatia midfielder Kovacic signed a season-long loan deal with the Blues earlier in the month, having struggled for game-time at Real Madrid. The 24-year-old was left out of Chelsea’s opening game of the season against Huddersfield Town but played 30 minutes of the 3-2 victory over Arsenal on Saturday.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/19/mateo-kovacic-reveals-how-maurizio-sarri-convinced-him-to-join-chelsea-7858245/?ito=cbshare

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Mateo Kovacic reveals how Maurizio Sarri convinced him to join Chelsea

Mateo Kovacic has revealed the influence Maurizio Sarri played in his decision to join Chelsea this summer. Croatia midfielder Kovacic signed a season-long loan deal with the Blues earlier in the month, having struggled for game-time at Real Madrid. The 24-year-old was left out of Chelsea’s opening game of the season against Huddersfield Town but played 30 minutes of the 3-2 victory over Arsenal on Saturday.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/19/mateo-kovacic-reveals-how-maurizio-sarri-convinced-him-to-join-chelsea-7858245/?ito=cbshare

Nice to have great players that actually WANT to come play for us again. The right manager makes so much difference,

I cant tell you just how happy I am that him and Jorgi boy joined us.

And Kovacics Mrs eh!! Fit or what!!?? c5060f53c6f88516a033f9e65009b39b.gif

28 minutes ago, Mana said:

He's been in La Liga for years where teams (including Madrid) dive alot.

No excuses, but he would have to stop doing that now in the PL. He can get cautioned.

Sorry but if I was the manager of someone who did it I'd give them a right bollocking and a fine no matter who it was.

Well, in David defense i often laugh when i feel pain but i might be a little masochist.I don't care how the player reacts after the contact if there was a foul, unless in some exagerated cases like Neymar infamous rolling.

For me kovacic reaction was normal.No arguments for the Drogba one except Drogba is Drogba. lol