Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Their American football is horrid. It just grinds the players into dust over the course of their short careers. It is so incredibly violent and 99% of the millions who play never make a dime off it, or very little. Many in their university do not even earn a degree, which is free for them. The big schools literally profit tens of millions of USD and the players get shite other than ruined bodies in thousands of cases. It is like modern indentured servitude. 

To each their own eh.

Like at one time boxing Was MASSIVE. Till the mid/late 1990s when we had some amazing fighters I could name you all the boxers in any weight class. But then MMA came along with the UFC and everyone thought WTF! A more violent boxing! And boxing began to take a back seat/ Yeah the big fights kept being televised  but it wasn't the same anymore. And now MMA is massive.

I think sports are like everything. They run in cycles. Like football teams. They go up and down.

Just look at the crowds and television audiances US football gets. The sport prints money.

But yes some of its players could earn more considering. Tho last I saw the average NFL guy gets $5mill compared to the likes of Matthew Stafford who gets $27mill a year  But sportsmen generally spend it like water and don't invest so that's why they don't end up with much. Awwww!

EDIT:::

I just read that the average life expectancy of a NFL player is between 53 and 59 FUCK!

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

To each their own eh.

Like at one time boxing Was MASSIVE. Till the mid/late 1990s when we had some amazing fighters I could name you all the boxers in any weight class. But then MMA came along with the UFC and everyone thought WTF! A more violent boxing! And boxing began to take a back seat/ Yeah the big fights kept being televised  but it wasn't the same anymore. And now MMA is massive.

I think sports are like everything. They run in cycles. Like football teams. They go up and down.

Just look at the crowds and television audiances US football gets. The sport prints money.

But yes some of its players could earn more considering. Tho last I saw the average NFL guy gets $5mill compared to the likes of Matthew Stafford who gets $27mill a year  But sportsmen generally spend it like water and don't invest so that's why they don't end up with much. Awwww!

I just read that the average life expectancy of a NFL player is between 53 and 59 FUCK!

Being in North America, its been interesting lately. The violence and concussion issue is definitely messing with people but it is so ingrained in American culture(mainly middle/southern america) that they just churn out new players every year. The biggest thing is contracts are not guaranteed, so once a player becomes expendable he is gone. Especially with Trump going at the players for their protests and negative publicity its curious to watch their fall vs the rise of the NBA. Either way every NFL team is essentially worth 1B plus and are cranking out new stadiums, Americans don't care they just want their football.

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

?

Lets say someone signs a 4 year 50 million dollar deal. There will be a signing bonus, performance bonuses, and Salary. Not all of that Salary will reach the player unless he stays for the entirety of that contract or he is a massively important player, but if he were to get hurt in the 2nd year, NFL teams always find a way out from having to pay them. The first 100% guaranteed NFL contract was signed this off season for Kirk Cousins (Quarterback), only a quarterback would be able to get a fully guaranteed deal. But unless you're a super star or a Quarterback odds are your deal massively underpays you for the physical toll and once you get hurt, if its serious enough, the team will find a way to cut you and save money to the salary cap. 

Also, because there is so many cost controlled young players coming in each year with the draft, the average NFL career is like 3-5 seasons because the second there is a cheaper solution, the NFL teams go with it. Why pay a veteran Running Back 8 million when you can draft a new fresh young guy and pay him 1 million. 

Whereas in the NHL or NBA, the moment you sign all of your money is coming to you no matter what. An NBA player signs a 5 year 220million dollar deal, that entire amount is guaranteed. A hockey player this week signed an 8 year 50million dollar deal, no matter what happens to him he gets all of that money. (Also, NHL players make the least, NBA players make the most of any North American professional athlete) EPL Teams operate the same way as NHL/MLB/NBA 

3 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Lets say someone signs a 4 year 50 million dollar deal. There will be a signing bonus, performance bonuses, and Salary. Not all of that Salary will reach the player unless he stays for the entirety of that contract or he is a massively important player, but if he were to get hurt in the 2nd year, NFL teams always find a way out from having to pay them. The first 100% guaranteed NFL contract was signed this off season for Kirk Cousins (Quarterback), only a quarterback would be able to get a fully guaranteed deal. But unless you're a super star or a Quarterback odds are your deal massively underpays you for the physical toll and once you get hurt, if its serious enough, the team will find a way to cut you and save money to the salary cap.

Whereas in the NHL or NBA, the moment you sign all of your money is coming to you no matter what. An NBA player signs a 5 year 220million dollar deal, that entire amount is guaranteed. A hockey player this week signed an 8 year 50million dollar deal, no matter what happens to him he gets all of that money. (Also, NHL players make the least, NBA players make the most of any North American professional athlete) EPL Teams operate the same way as NHL/MLB/NBA 

Thats crazy

Just now, Unionjack said:

Thats crazy

Quick Example, then back to Kovacic I promise. An Article from Forbes describing an NFL contract.

"For ease’s sake, take former journeyman quarterback Matt Flynn. The Seahawks signed Flynn to a three-year deal reportedly worth $19.5-million prior to the 2012 season. The contract contained a $6-million signing bonus, with two of the three years possessing a fully guaranteed base salary of $2-million per season.

In all reality, Flynn inked a three-year, $10-million contract with the potential for the balance of the reported value based on the third year’s status as a non-guaranteed amount.

To say NFL player contracts are team friendly would be an understatement, evidenced in this case by Seattle dealing Flynn to Oakland just one year into the deal. Since the Raiders elected not to restructure the contract negotiated in Seattle and acquired Flynn via trade, Oakland became liable for second season’s $2-million in guaranteed money.

Mark Davis’ camp cut Flynn after the 2013 season and the former LSU quarterback, like the countless others every year in the NFL, did not see a dime of the remaining $9.5-million in the final year, or “contract year.”

5 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Also, because there is so many cost controlled young players coming in each year with the draft, the average NFL career is like 3-5 seasons because the second there is a cheaper solution, the NFL teams go with it. Why pay a veteran Running Back 8 million when you can draft a new fresh young guy and pay him 1 million. 

Also, most contracts are back loaded as well for salary cap purposes.  So, the majority of the contract figure is for years that the team will probably not be paying them.  It's all about the signing bonus/guaranteed money.

The NFLPA has the worst player's union deal in North American sports (Big 4).

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

To each their own eh.

Average career of an NFL player**    3.3 years
Kickers & Punters**    4.87
Quarterbacks**    4.44
Cornerbacks**    2.94
Wide receivers**    2.81
Running backs**    2.57

It's madness IMHO.

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

To each their own eh.

Quarterbacks**    4.44
Cornerbacks**    2.94
Wide receivers**    2.81
Running backs**    2.57

It's madness IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Quarterbacks**    4.44
Cornerbacks**    2.94
Wide receivers**    2.81
Running backs**    2.57

It's madness IMHO.

Thats shocked me. But I suppose with so many new fast strong young guys continually coming thru they can be choosey.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Thats shocked me. But I suppose with so many new fast strong young guys continually coming thru they can be choosey.

The Average Player Salary And Highest-Paid In NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL And MLS

NBA. Average salary: $6.2 million (2016-17 season) ...

MLB. Average salary: $4.4 million (2016 season) ...

NHL. Average salary: $2.9 million (2015-16 season) ...

NFL. Average salary: $2.1 million (2015 season) ...

MLS. Average salary: $308,969 (2016 season)

And half that is gone to taxes, agents fees, etc.

So many, even BIG earners, end up bankrupted. They are so often victims of predatory agents and hangers on and they have been so poorly educated they just completely fuck up.

How Vince Young racked up millions in debt by 2014

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/06/27/vince-young-debt-chapter-11-bankruptcy

Just seven years after Vince Young signed a $25 million contract with the Tennessee Titans, the former NFL quarterback filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2014. In Greg Bishop's Where Are They Now profile of Young in the latest issue of Sports Illustrated, Young details how some of his exorbitant spending led him into debt.

While we are crying for them NFL players are like

manziel.jpg

Most of these guys would not even be able to attend to college if they did not play football. They are fine and they will be fine. Now back to worrying about our season and whether Kovacic has a buy option please.

13 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Being in North America, its been interesting lately. The violence and concussion issue is definitely messing with people but it is so ingrained in American culture(mainly middle/southern america) that they just churn out new players every year. The biggest thing is contracts are not guaranteed, so once a player becomes expendable he is gone. Especially with Trump going at the players for their protests and negative publicity its curious to watch their fall vs the rise of the NBA. Either way every NFL team is essentially worth 1B plus and are cranking out new stadiums, Americans don't care they just want their football.

13 hours ago, Unionjack said:

?

This is mainly, but not entirely, true. Players with sufficient bargaining power can negotiate fully guaranteed contracts, for example Kurt Cousins signed a guaranteed contract when he moved from Washington to Minnesota this off season. In most cases however, NFL players end up with deals which guarantee only a percentage of their contracts. When a team wants to move a player on, only the guaranteed portion is paid up, the rest simply gets cancelled. (In addition to saving them money, this is a useful tool clubs use to manipulate their salary cap restrictions, but that's another topic.)

Boohoo. They sign these contracts, its not like they are forced into. If they werent partying all the time and study instead, they would have knowledge to not spend all the fucking money. They have education options unlike some other people. 

World is not fair, but when someone starts how poor chaps in nfl are, give me a break. In 3 years they earn more cash than normal person does in whole life. If they spend it all, their own fucking problem.

Obviously there is no money in world worth for a possible life long injury, but its a risk they took. Go work in mcdonalds or educate yourself and become a lawyer or some shit. No one forced them to play football. 

People who run the nfl are real dicks, but when you see they were hiding test results of head injuries of average nfl player during their career, you know how much they value players health. Nada. They care about entertainment -> cash. If you are still stupid enough to join such league...

Lets hope he gets some time Saturday

Mateo Kovacic is the world beater in waiting ready to realise his potential under Maurizio Sarri

He has some excellent qualities that should fit how the Italian wants to play after spells with Inter and Real Madrid

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/mateo-kovacic-world-beater-waiting-15039800

I was having a bit of a Msg chat to a regular RM goer on Youtube. He says that while Kovacic CAN be a little inconsistent now and then that he would never fail to play him and will be the best in the world and theres not a chance we will keep him.