Fergie: Terry let-off is ridiculous

the wes

ALEX FERGUSON launched a furious attack on refs' chief Keith Hackett after John Terry escaped a red-card ban. Chelsea had Terry's dismissal for fouling Manchester City's Jo overturned by the FA.

The England centre-half will now NOT serve a three-match suspension — and is free to face title rivals Manchester United at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

United boss Fergie fumed: "I understand Hackett told ref Mark Halsey to rescind the card and he wouldn't. So now he Is refereeing in League Two this weekend.

"I do not understand how this has happened. If it had been a Manchester United player, Hackett would not have done this.

"This is going to have to happen all the time if a referee is considered to have made a mistake."

An independent FA panel — which did not include Hackett — upheld Chelsea's claim of wrongful dismissal.

Ref Halsey had no hesitation in sending off Terry for hauling down Jo near the centre circle in Chelsea's 3-1 win at Eastlands on Saturday.

There appeared to be covering defenders, including Ricardo Carvalho.

Yet Halsey deemed the incident to be serious foul play and stood by his decision — only for the FA panel to disagree after reviewing video evidence.

Halsey has now been demoted and will oversee Sunday's League Two clash between Chester and Shrewsbury.

The Sun Edited by the wes

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, why am i not suprised that the red nosed drunk has had a moan about that. You have to laugh that he thinks the they favour us and not them, i am sure fergie doesn't need reminding how much they have been given in the past and that their man is well in with the FA - funny how he seemed to know the exact nature of what went on with Hackett and Halsey........

I would be suprised if this is anything but games from Fergie, he knows that it shouldn't have been a red! He is pissed off because he thought we would have been without Terry for sunday! The world and his dog knows we get no favoritism from anyone and that Man you have been the one who get everything going their way..