Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

5. Jorginho

Jas
Followers 7

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

Agreed we need to upgrade, but who can we get for him? 

And as mentioned, if we are spending big on striker and wingback, I doubt we will have for a replacement. 

But I definitely would like an upgrade as well, but I don't know who? 

Are you kidding me? sell Jorginho after winning the CL, where he had many top performances in our run to Champions of Europe. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of me desperately want to see the people suffer a meltdown over Jorginho had he gone to Man City and done well under Guardiola. Those same fellas who are criticizing now would be the same ones ba

I'm fuckin ashamed at peeps booing Jorgi. Call themselves supporters. Why the fuck does he get singled out when all the other cunts play shit useless too? Such selective memories of some! I'm gon

He’s made the most forward passes in the PL so this is rubbish. Open up your mind, expand your football knowledge. Learn the regista role and what it’s meant to do, it’s function in a team. 

Posted Images

hace 25 minutos, Fulham Broadway dijo:

I get stick off mates defending him -he'd walk into any top team

I get he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I still think if he went to City all those years ago everyone would be saying “wow why didn’t we sign him” 

Folk criticising him after a CL win where he was pretty disciplined even in the second half where City were on top of us and barely put a foot wrong is also ironic/moronic and then there are the members who cant make their minds up…. one week they think he should stay the second week they think he should go!

I mean if people could point out that our best football in the last 3 seasons hasn’t involved him I’d get their point but unfortunately for them, he has played regularly when we have played our best football in the past 3 seasons. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I get he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I still think if he went to City all those years ago everyone would be saying “wow why didn’t we sign him” 

Folk criticising him after a CL win where he was pretty disciplined even in the second half where City were on top of us and barely put a foot wrong is also ironic/moronic and then there are the members who cant make their minds up…. one week they think he should stay the second week they think he should go!

I mean if people could point out that our best football in the last 3 seasons hasn’t involved him I’d get their point but unfortunately for them, he has played regularly when we have played our best football in the past 3 seasons. 

I like his attitude above all - like Azpi you know hes going to give 100% 

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I find it ironic but its no surprise certain people just don’t see his value, like with Mount also. I get maybe getting another CM in but selling Jorginho is daft all things considering.

🤣

Justo ahora, Jas dijo:

🤣

Your laughing but I am being serious haha.

I mean regardless of what people see in him or like him or not, saying we will sell him? Really? Thats almost as daft as saying we are now going to sell Antonio Rudiger or Azpilicueta, who alongside Jorginho were instantly restored to the starting 11 and became key members/ever presents in the team with Tuchel….

hace 6 minutos, Fulham Broadway dijo:

I like his attitude above all - like Azpi you know hes going to give 100% 

Aye, for sure he has physical limitations, don’t get me wrong but he definitely does give his everything. Same for Azpi, who I think is one of those guys who gets the “he’s finished” judgement every bad season. I think as well Jorginho is extremely vocal and has good leadership skills when he plays too. I mean he was made vice captain by Frank, think months before he was boo’d against Malmo by our fans.. 

• Like 4
Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Your laughing but I am being serious haha.

I mean regardless of what people see in him or like him or not, saying we will sell him? Really? Thats almost as daft as saying we are now going to sell Antonio Rudiger or Azpilicueta, who alongside Jorginho were instantly restored to the starting 11 and became key members/ever presents in the team with Tuchel….

I want to say a bit more but I will not. 🤐

hace 1 minuto, Jas dijo:

I want to say a bit more but I will not. 🤐

😂

the forum is for having a discussion is it not… 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

😂

the forum is for having a discussion is it not… 

I don't want to see another essay-esque response. 🥶

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don't like to use a final as a barometer, because in 2012 when we won Mikel had an amazing game. And just because of that it does not mean I would still want him. 

Finals are one of and anything can happen so I judge in the overall, not just one game. And for me he leaves me wanting so we can do better. 

Edited by Fernando
14 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I don't like to use a final as a barometer, because in 2012 when we won Mikel had an amazing game. And just because of that it does not mean I would still want him. 

Finals are one of and anything can happen so I judge in the overall, not just one game. And for me he leaves me wanting so we can do better. 

It wasn't just the final. He was superb against Real Madrid in the semi finals also, and had a huge impact wrestling control of the midfield when he came on in the league against City.

The problem for Jorginho is he's never truly been accepted from the Sarri regime, which means he can't afford a bad game (Arsenal home for example) without the fan base calling to get rid. 

His skill set suits Tuchel's system and the system also helps cover up some of his weaknesses (namely his athleticism). I'd argue, particularly with his experience, he's one of the best around for the role he plays and I don't think he gets anywhere near enough credit at times. The only way he's leaving is if he tried forcing a move, there is absolutely no way Tuchel is letting him go this summer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He deserves alot more respect and credit than we are giving him.....this is the best he has ever been and utterly turned it around under TT. A keeper for me.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mário César said:

People sometimes are very harsh with him. Remember me the treatment that Willian and Cahill also received a long of the years

I think the main frustration with those two is they should have been squad players.

When Willian was finally made back up to Pedro I think a lot of the "abuse" went away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Cahill in is prime was a very good center back he we won many things with him starting frequently.

Not a prime maldini, but not so bad just like many people always said

I never said he was but put it this way, does he start for the back to back title teams or the double winning side? or even this current one?