Jorginho

Unionjack

15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

There were a handful of us saying this last year, that he was good enough defensively etc but he got a lot of criticism for the fact some people had no other reasons than he was Sarri's main man and basically the fuckin usual suspect English pundits like Ferdinand, Jenas, Shearer, Phil Neville etc said he didnt defend although if you watch back the last 15 or 20 games of the season you can clearly see him defending, not only that but to a high level too. Not a huge deal has changed under Frank in terms of what he does either without the ball, I just think that if it were any other manager than Sarri, who had basically said Jorginho will play in that position where these moronic pundits claimed Kante had played in the PL, the criticisms wouldnt of been as harsh.

I agree and it's really embarrassing that he got booed at SB last season. 

The problem in todays game is everyone wants instant success, whether it be trophies or performances. If it doesn't happen with either people are up in arms.

With football transfers it is very rare new players come in and start pulling up trees, and even if they do there are dips in performance where people pose a question that if said player is good enough.

It's also always never spork about much but adapting to a new country, lifestyle, environment and things like kids and schools etc.

It goes deeper than just the pitch, it really does.

15 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He is a very good player yes but I think his passing range is a bit more limited. Although under Pep it will improve but I do really think if he could of chose from Jorgi or Rodri, Jorginho would be his first choice.

I think he will pick Rodri better vs defensive transition. Jorginho passing range is just ok. 

6 hours ago, communicate said:

I think he will pick Rodri better vs defensive transition. Jorginho passing range is just ok. 

"Is just ok"

Have we watched the same games this season? How many times against Brighton did he spray it 30 or 40m to Alonso? His passing range is good.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:54 PM, OneMoSalah said:

"Is just ok"

Have we watched the same games this season? How many times against Brighton did he spray it 30 or 40m to Alonso? His passing range is good.

For a passer his range is just ok. Usually this kind of passer has crazy range like pirlo or Alonso and can deliver long ball with both feet with ease. 

Lampard explains new Chelsea role for ‘driver’ Jorginho

https://www.football365.com/news/lampard-explains-new-chelsea-role-for-driver-jorginho

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has praised the influence of midfielder Jorginho on and off the pitch and has confirmed that the Italian is the club’s vice-captain.

Jorginho was widely criticised under Maurizio Sarri last season but his fine displays this season are beginning to win over the fans.

Lampard has been hugely impressed with the £52million man and believes he is key to the Blues on the pitch, as well as being an important presence behind the scenes.

Asked if the 27-year-old has now assumed the role of vice-captain, Lampard said: “Yes, Jorginho is vice-captain as it stands.

“Azpi [Azpilicueta] is captain, that was clear at the start of the season, and I think his professionalism and his career here speaks for itself.

“And Jorginho, I keep talking about him as a character, and he’s a driver. I think it’s very evident to see on the pitch. So that’s the situation as it stands.’

On how quickly Jorginho has learnt English, Lampard continued: “It’s obviously important. I think we always try here to push that along as soon as players come in because communication is key, on and off the pitch, in the dressing room.

“He crosses the borders, if there are any. It’s easy to come in and stay within your groups and nationalities, and Jorginho doesn’t. He’s a driver, on and off the pitch.”

snip

9 hours ago, manpe said:

Can't look past Jorginho for that role. It's not like we have an abundance of leaders, but Jorginho is one. In line to take over from Azpi when the time comes.

Azpi is only 2 years older than Jorginho. As long as the former is still at the club, he'll remain as captain, especially if the situations with Terry-Cahill and Cahill-Azpi are anything to go by.