Jorginho

Unionjack

On 8/25/2019 at 5:06 AM, BlueLyon said:

We are pressing team, so that wouldnt work.  

Baka would have to press too if we wanted to be sucessful and he would get lost somewhere in row 6.

Having Kante back instead of Kovacic will help us big big time because he can defend brilliantly. But the problems are nowhere fixed then.

Baka has no problem with pressing. Passing is a bit of a problem. But we don't need him to  make plenty of pass. I am pretty sure Jorginho made at least 50% more passes last year than this season. 

6 hours ago, communicate said:

Baka has no problem with pressing. Passing is a bit of a problem. But we don't need him to  make plenty of pass. I am pretty sure Jorginho made at least 50% more passes last year than this season. 

Baka has essentialy problems with both tbh.

7 hours ago, communicate said:

So we have then Zouma and Bakayoko in the same line-up, with a bit of passing problems ("a bit" being understatement of the year). You wanna handicap our offensive play entirely? Jorginho is good but not so good to do it all alone. Bakayoko losing possession instead of keeping possession would put our defence under a lot more pressure and we would concede a lot more goals. Keeping the ball efficiently is part of defending, not merely being big enough to outjump your opponents (and even that is suspect because his positioning is bad).

Glad Lamps mentioned that Jorginho can work on his passing range. I mean, his passes are pretty good even right now, but they are not excellent. And they COULD be just that, he has it in him.

As for defence - Jorginho is not bad defensively, he is tactically mature, but not very fast or strong. Most of the time that should be enough alongside Kante. But let's not talk about how can we improve his defending, or even replacing him with some destroyoko, let's talk about how can we improve our defence.

Also, his character is just awesome, it's really great having someone more vocal, mature and experienced, alongside all those kids.

22 minutes ago, El P. said:

Glad Lamps mentioned that Jorginho can work on his passing range. I mean, his passes are pretty good even right now, but they are not excellent. And they COULD be just that, he has it in him.

As for defence - Jorginho is not bad defensively, he is tactically mature, but not very fast or strong. Most of the time that should be enough alongside Kante. But let's not talk about how can we improve his defending, or even replacing him with some destroyoko, let's talk about how can we improve our defence.

Also, his character is just awesome, it's really great having someone more vocal, mature and experienced, alongside all those kids.

Agreed. Jorginho definitely has the technical ability to also have world class long-range passing and through balls. No one better than Lamps to teach him. 

I just wish he would be better at shooting, he basically would be our Kroos. But that I am afraid he just does not have in him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Said it last season, and I will say it again, although I think everyone sees it now. If anybody thought Jorginho was average or holding our team back they were quite simply wrong. He has been good under Frank and the last 15 games of last season with Maurizio as well after the team had a sticky spell before the turn of the year. If he went to City with Pep everyone would of been gushing about him 100%. 

Without even mentioning his actually ability with the ball what has always stuck out to me is how willing he is to receive it and his leadership that was becoming more and more apparent after the bad spell we had last season. Frank also touched on it early doors in pre season. Then put his passing ability, composure and his very much continuously improving defensive contribution in too.. he is a top player. Obviously the team is still growing and does have faults but keeping Jorginho in the team is essential.

“I think I had a fantastic first season and it was fundamental for my growth process.

“I am stronger in defence now, I go into challenges with more determination and control the game. The Premier League has forced me to develop different skills.

“[Italy coach] Roberto Mancini is putting his faith in me for the Nazionale and I am trying to prove on the field that I deserve that.

“I think more than anything I just have the characteristics to suit his idea of football.”

-Jorginho; Source: Goal

Cool and calm after Barkley stole the show. Even gave him hand later as a sign of support, because what else can you do? He tried to get the best from a bad situation. I liked what he did and disliked what Willian did.

Leader.

Why this holding midfielder role is one of the most difficult positions in football. You always have to know what to do before it happens. 

Why it always makes me giggle that people think putting Kante there, when he's never played that role in his life, will fix us. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Why this holding midfielder role is one of the most difficult positions in football. You always have to know what to do before it happens. 

Why it always makes me giggle that people think putting Kante there, when he's never played that role in his life, will fix us. 

Kante has a very high Football IQ. Never forget that