Jorginho

Unionjack

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

Anybody but Jorginho. Is Bakayoko still on the team? then play him next to Kovacic. 

Without Kante, yes, we seem poor defensively. But come on man. Baka? Seriously? Atleast jorginho can pass, baka would be the worst thing for this team

31 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Without Kante, yes, we seem poor defensively. But come on man. Baka? Seriously? Atleast jorginho can pass, baka would be the worst thing for this team

Who care that Jorginho can pass. We don't need passer. We need a destroyer. 

Not his best game today a bit of a passager. But ot was the kind of game where i would have liked someone with the ability to control the temponof the game. After our first half leads he should have put the foot on the brake. But yeah if we do not want to take this option, kill games with posession we dont need really him

1 hour ago, communicate said:

I have no clue why Lamp keep playing Jorginho. There is 0 reason to play jorginho in this system 

Is this a joke? How many times did he pick the ball up and play a 20 or 30m pass outwide,  through the lines or directly to the frontman today? Kovacic doesnt do it enough. In a game where your going to have all off the ball Jorginho is essential. He wasnt all that bad defensively for me its more a collective issue than individuals.

31 minutes ago, communicate said:

Who care that Jorginho can pass. We don't need passer. We need a destroyer. 

I am sorry bro. If baka was actually good at it, I would have agreed. The tempo at which we play, the game would literally pass him by.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Is this a joke? How many times did he pick the ball up and play a 20 or 30m pass outwide,  through the lines or directly to the frontman today? Kovacic doesnt do it enough. In a game where your going to have all off the ball Jorginho is essential. He wasnt all that bad defensively for me its more a collective issue than individuals.

Nope he was poor. I defended Jorginho last year but this year, we can't play Jorginho . We are essentially playing 442 with mount playing behind a striker. Your 2 cm need to protect your d line otherwise it was too easy for your opp to pick up the ball and just run at your d line. 

3 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I am sorry bro. If baka was actually good at it, I would have agreed. The tempo at which we play, the game would literally pass him by.

What I need from Baka is to just sit in front of the defense and let kante/kova bring the ball forward 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

Nope he was poor. I defended Jorginho last year but this year, we can't play Jorginho . We are essentially playing 442 with mount playing behind a striker. Your 2 cm need to protect your d line otherwise it was too easy for your opp to pick up the ball and just run at your d line. 

We must of watched different games then. Norwich played through us but its more tactical and a collective problem as we seem to press in a group of 4 or 5 with 5 behind the ball as opposed to as a team. Thats why the spaces are too big. 4 or 5 go and then theres lots of room for teams to utilize and youve basically got Jorginho and Kovacic, who both arent amazingly defensively but again arent exactly piss poor, trying to defend in a situation where they will be outnumbered or isolated more than often. 

If you want your team to be progressive and dominate the ball, Jorginho is an essential out of squad. Thats why I dont get why you are insistent on dropping him. Last season was the same, it was a collective issue than individuals with regards to defending and pressing.

I don't think Jorginho can take blame. The midfield doesn't work as a unit. Even in a 3 last year Sarri was conservative ON PURPOSE because it wasn't working early on.

If kova and Jorginho are in a 2 and they press forward, the defence has to be about 5 metres behind and well positioned. It's like everyone is positioned to go forward without thinking 'what happens if we lose the ball now?'

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, communicate said:

What I need from Baka is to just sit in front of the defense and let kante/kova bring the ball forward 

We are pressing team, so that wouldnt work.  

Baka would have to press too if we wanted to be sucessful and he would get lost somewhere in row 6.

Having Kante back instead of Kovacic will help us big big time because he can defend brilliantly. But the problems are nowhere fixed then.

I personally think that Jorginho is good at what he does and that is to keep the ball and to pass to the right players.

However he is horrible off the ball which worries me, it got me thinking that playing him in a 4-2-3-1 formation simply doesn't work. I think that Kovacic has been superb in the last few games and we should let Kovacic play with Kante instead.