Jorginho

Unionjack

Jorginho is like the poor sod who follows Sarri to England to only find out his father made a mistake (Chelsea) and has found an Italian woman back home who doesn't want any more kids that could upset the household (Juventus). He left his home where he was adored to live where he is under appreciated. It's breaking my heart. 😞

5 hours ago, DDA said:

Jorginho is like the poor sod who follows Sarri to England to only find out his father made a mistake (Chelsea) and has found an Italian woman back home who doesn't want any more kids that could upset the household (Juventus). He left his home where he was adored to live where he is under appreciated. It's breaking my heart. 😞

but he only has himself to blame. I mean everyone knows that players suaully stay much longer in clubs than managers so following a manager to a new club is never a good idea. Especially on a big money deal with a fat ass contract no one is gonna buy you out from. Jorginho is a limited player who is not useful in many systems. I see he has his qualities and the shift he put in the last 2 months is applaudable. He has a good attitude and improved his tackling and defensive positioning massively. But he is not a born EPL DM which are usually superior athletes so I doubt he will be our long term solution for that position with a new manager. I could see him in a double pivot if he increases his long range passing. But if Sarri leaves and we can not sign players, there is no way we can sell him, whatever the price. Also I loved the Kante-Jorginho-RLC midfieldand how effortlessly it dominated games. Not seen enough of it yet. 

17 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

but he only has himself to blame. I mean everyone knows that players suaully stay much longer in clubs than managers so following a manager to a new club is never a good idea. Especially on a big money deal with a fat ass contract no one is gonna buy you out from. Jorginho is a limited player who is not useful in many systems. I see he has his qualities and the shift he put in the last 2 months is applaudable. He has a good attitude and improved his tackling and defensive positioning massively. But he is not a born EPL DM which are usually superior athletes so I doubt he will be our long term solution for that position with a new manager. I could see him in a double pivot if he increases his long range passing. But if Sarri leaves and we can not sign players, there is no way we can sell him, whatever the price. Also I loved the Kante-Jorginho-RLC midfieldand how effortlessly it dominated games. Not seen enough of it yet. 

I find it hard to believe he came here without being aware of the possibility Sarri won't last. I imagine he was aware or failing that was made very aware of the score by his agent before the move.

There's previous examples of players following managers to their new jobs and staying a while after they've gone (Deco, Carvalho, Ferreira, Blind, Fellaini, Defoe, Thiago of the top of my head).

Just because a player had followed his manager once doesn't mean he's going to constantly do it until retirement and as you said even if Jorginho wants to do it this time we won't allow it, he has four years left on his deal and as it stands are very thin in midfield as it is without letting our most naturally gifted one leave.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Only times Kante has played in that position was for France in Euro 16 where he was dropped and the first six games for us where Conte quickly realised his error and acted accordingly.

Having a player who's main attribute is energy screening the back four is criminal, if you think he's a shadow of his best self currently, you ain't seen nothing yet.

In my mind Kante and Jorginho would be a perfect pair in a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1, thoughts?

1 hour ago, NiclasCFC said:

In my mind Kante and Jorginho would be a perfect pair in a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1, thoughts?

I was having a calf begging for a 4 2 3 1 for ages

and make the fucking sales and buys to stock it since summer 2018

GK    Kepa (one of the few good buys, even if we overpaid a tad, as Alisson told us to go fuck off, he had the craving for Klopp cock at the Kop, which looks smart I must admit now), as did my only true wish back then, Oblak (Strakosha was my choice after Oblak, as I had no clue Kepa would leave Athletic Bilbao, he had turned down Real twice)

RB Wan-Bissaka or Klostermann  or Hakimi (special massive fuck you to the board for not buying Cancelo on multiple occasions and now it is impossible, WATCH what Sarri does with him, grrrr)     

CB   Éder Militão (fucked that up right proper) or Ibrahima Konaté or Lucas Hernandez (another fuck up)   plus Rudiger             

LB  Alex Telles (why we have not bought him years ago I do not know, as soon as Juve dry-fucked us on Alex Sandro he was screaming BUY BUY BUY) or Junior Firpo or Chilwell

MF          Kante   plus    Nicolo Barella (fucked that up too, should have fucking bought him and loaned him back like Puli) so now we have to try Jorginho (who I never wanted in the first place) there

RW Nicolas Pepe (by FAR one of my most raging on the fail buys, and he said he dreamed as a kid of playing for Chels, now FUCKING BAYERN are getting him, GRRRRRRR)   

AMF  RLC/Talisca or (and I was on him HUGE before he blew up as well), Havertz, now Bayern have him TOO! (I SO HATE THEM, even more than RM, AND they will end up with Werner too ATEOTD, FFS)          

LW  Hirving Lozano/Puli (who can play RW as well, as was another I never wanted)

CF  Piatek (only added for a January buy, he was unknown before) or Jovic (was on him before he blew up, unlike Piatek) or (new add and now cannot do it due to bans grrr Iñaki Williams, who replaces my old summer number one from even before Sarri, Martial ( AM AS A CF, UJ and I were screaming all last summer to just make the fucking deal, as JM wanted Willian (why these huge clubs want that cunt so badly I have NO clue)!)

If we had sold Eden (we could have squeezed out around £190m, 200 plus with add.ons), Alonso (do not get me started on this twat), Azpi, Willian (that turn down of 65m from Barca is only topped in terms of rage by the De Bruyne sale), Luiz, etc etc etc ad not fucked about, grabbed Naglesmann as manager (too  late now you asshole Marina!!) and not shit away an insane £16m for a SIX MONTH LOAN of Higs, we could have bought that fucking team , we had over £600m in hard offers (as I have documented for ages)  last summer and January and cocked it all up, now we are lit the fuck up with bans, Sorryball gone, pissed away money on buys that will not fit in any system but one (Jorginho example no.1) blah blah blah 

we could be sitting massive, bans or not, but noooooooooooooooo     :rant:

53 minutes ago, Spike said:

An amazing player, I only hope that he can continue to develope an understanding with Kante next season under whomever is the coach.

Think with Sarri leaving certain people will stop being harsh on him and actually appreciate him for the very good player he is when he plays next season. Not the reason why Sarri ball didnt work or being "Sarri's son" or whatever other crap they came up with.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think with Sarri leaving certain people will stop being harsh on him and actually appreciate him for the very good player he is when he plays next season. Not the reason why Sarri ball didnt work or being "Sarri's son" or whatever other crap they came up with.

Intrigue to see what he can do when not constricted to Sarri's football.