Jorginho

Unionjack

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Fickle bastards!

P.S. Great goal today!

I think hes shown a lot more personality in the last few matches. We all know there is a good player in there and I know the booing of him and chants regarding Sarris style isnt right but hes responded well, where as when he and the team wasnt playing well he looked a bit shaken. Very good goal today too. 

6 hours ago, Stats said:

I mentioned a few pages before that he has made some beautiful passes over the top this season, however our players have never converted them. That was a brilliant ball over the top for Higuaín, which he should have converted. This what annoys me when people play this stats card. He has made created some excellent chances, however people will never remember this because of what the bloody stats show.

I agree. He seems to set up a 1 on 1 almost every game but everybody seems to forget and quote the media about sideways passing. It's such bullshit.

'Maybe he should do a bit more in the gym!': Antonio Rudiger tells Chelsea team-mate Jorginho to hit the weights in bid to adapt to the Premier League 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6772253/Antonio-Rudiger-tells-Chelsea-team-mate-Jorginho-hit-weights.html

Jorginho named in Team of the Week

BBC pundit Garth Crooks has named Jorginho in his Team of the Week after the Italian midfielder’s fine goal-scoring performance in our victory at Fulham on Sunday

Jorginho was criticised in the media after a recent poor run of form for the Blues, but according to Crooks, the 27-year-old put in a good shift at Craven Cottage.

‘I think Jorginho has struggled since his arrival at Stamford Bridge. Against Fulham, however, he suddenly looked like he was beginning to find some form,’ said the former Tottenham player.

‘His goal was a touch of class in a Chelsea performance that looked competent without being outstanding.’

Jorginho did not make it onto Sky Sports’ team of the week but Phil Babb included three Chelsea players in his shortlist – Cesar Azpilicueta, Willian and Gonzalo Higuain.

The former Liverpool defender explained why he had opted for Wilfried Zaha over Eden Hazard in midfield.

‘Hazard played well the other night but he drifts in and out of games, whereas Willian was on it for the full game so he's gone in,’ he said.

‘Gonzalo Higuain's movement was brilliant and Romelu Lukaku was unplayable.’

9 hours ago, mccg said:

Romelu Lukaku was unplayable.’

cuz it was against an utterly shit SOTON team

look up flat track bully in the OED and you will find Romelu Lukaku's mug

I cannot see Manure keeping him long term

they will move for Dybala or Werner or Icardi or Jovic or maybe even re-try for Griezmann

15 minutes ago, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

Jorginho here, okay look forward, don’t do what you’re going to do here, take a touch and then go back because that will suit Wolves. It was no change in the second half either. Sideways. Backwards.”

That was really lazy and stupid from Shearer. Jorginho made some excellent passes in the first half. I remember one to Pedro and another to Higuain that could lead to a goal. It was one of those days that if he was playing for City or if it was Hazard in those positions he would end the first half with two assists

Also he made at least 4 more passes between lines in the first 40 minutes that created space for a teammate to make an assist. Then when things are not going well and the team is losing, any ball he loses, any mistake will give people a chance to trash him. He played well in the last games.

Hes been good recently but the whole Kante situation was never going to do him any favors. Media have jumped on thay bandwagon. Honestly what does Alan Shearer know about playing as a deep lying midfielder in a 3 man MF? Does he actually watch all 90 minutes Jorginho has played recently? I doubt it. That guy along with many pundits on MOTD and also BT have shown very little knowledge regarding Jorginhos actual role in that team. Hes struggled yes but if somebody who played at a high level cannot see what Jorginho brings to Chelsea then he should really give up with punditry. Being a good footballer or football team is more than just running, being determined and showing desire as these MOTD pundits seem to say every week about one average player or team without fail. Application helps but theres so much more to it.

18 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes been good recently but the whole Kante situation was never going to do him any favors. Media have jumped on thay bandwagon. Honestly what does Alan Shearer know about playing as a deep lying midfielder in a 3 man MF? Does he actually watch all 90 minutes Jorginho has played recently? I doubt it. That guy along with many pundits on MOTD and also BT have shown very little knowledge regarding Jorginhos actual role in that team. Hes struggled yes but if somebody who played at a high level cannot see what Jorginho brings to Chelsea then he should really give up with punditry. Being a good footballer or football team is more than just running, being determined and showing desire as these MOTD pundits seem to say every week about one average player or team without fail. Application helps but theres so much more to it.

Can't take seriously majority of those former players working as pundits tbh. In the world cup 2014 Roberto Carlos was commenting for a Brazilian tv. In the past i thought he was smart. But my gosh he is so dumb. So dumb. He was saying absurd things like "the German team had no flair or skils and could not play passing football like the Brazilian team"(2014) when it was obvious the German players were more skilful. 

Those former players in general only repeat platitudes and things they think are the average opinion. It seems to me that they have a standard position about players to relief them of the obligation of actually pay attention in every game.

36 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

As I'm listening to all these English ex-players talk about football I'm starting to understand why England hasn't won the World Cup in last 50 years. Their knowledge of football tactics is shockingly bad

They think Jordan Pigford, Maguire, Dier, Lingard, etc at top 10 in world or so at their positions! And dregs like Jordan Henderson, Ashley Young, Luke Shaw, etc etc are good enough to help bring home the trophy. Plus Callum Wilson (who will be almost 31 at the 2022 WC) is a 'bright young thing' and a great option for Kane when he cannot go, lolol.

Hit n' hope. Hit n' hope baby!!!

giphy-1-700x.gif

• 4 weeks later...