Jorginho

Unionjack

I like how his unobtrusive self-confidence has facilitated his seamless integration as a major pillar of the team so far. The perfect mean between self-absorbed guys like CRonaldo and feeble shadows like Morata. Lets hope he continues his form tomorrow and into the real season. 

On 8/2/2018 at 5:51 PM, Unionjack said:

Not a bad read

Chelsea's move for Jorginho a stark contrast to last year's puzzling signing of Danny Drinkwater

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/espn-fc-united/68/post/3581643/chelseas-move-for-jorginho-a-stark-contrast-to-last-years-puzzling-signing-of-danny-drinkwater

Not bad at all. But when you consider we NEEDED 3 top quality players this summer (probably more, but lets be reasonable, 3 is possible) and settled for only one, its stilll very much bad window.

We could easily sell some deadwood and buy a quality player with that money.

12 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Was a good spot.

I had been wondering whether Sarri would be trying to get the wee baldy man to go forward more.

Hes got it in him. Not a bad dribbler and can score a goal. Well 2 both against Manure.

If we get Kante Jorgi and Kovacic working well together it would be amazing.

Please footballing gods let us have a decent striker

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Sorry to say but this isnt Italy, and he looks a bit in over his head so far. Especially against any sort of press.

??? 

Do you realize he is given pirlo treatment in his first game? 

In the 1st he is quite but in 2nd half the moment Huddersfield stop man mark in him, our team start playing football 

2 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Sorry to say but this isnt Italy, and he looks a bit in over his head so far. Especially against any sort of press.

You what? Were you watching the same game as me?

ttps://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1028310096613388289

He struggled with the physical nature today and against City , he even made a couple of dodgy clearances. I think Sarri realised this and changed something because 2nd half was a different game and he was playing 1-2s everywhere. You can clearly see what he is trying to do but he has to adapt to the pressure and physical demands of the premier league, he won't get so much time here as he did in Italy. Wait till we play Mourinho and he has Fellaini man marking him , that will be the test.

Promising signs but still some work to do, he looks like he has the character to get better though for sure. The only worry I have is that he is the one providing back 4 protection...

16 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

That was posted before the second half, and the point roughly remains the same.  

I know Jorginho comes with a strong, good reputation and is in his peak etc but it's easy to forget that he too may need some time to adjust to English football. So, can't really be surprised if he looks dodgy in patches in the early part of the season.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I know Jorginho comes with a strong, good reputation and is in his peak etc but it's easy to forget that he too may need some time to adjust to English football. So, can't really be surprised if he looks dodgy in patches in the early part of the season.

Sarri expects some issues with the whole team adapting never mind one player so it’s only realistic to expect it but I think in 3-5 weeks we’ll have a lot more of a grasp Of things and will still only improve from there one . Good players can play anywhere, I have no doubts regarding Jorginho or Kovacic adapting.