Jorginho

Unionjack

I know its the Metro but who knows? Maybe ...............????

Hes the type of lad we need. Great link up between defence and forwards

Manchester United and Liverpool transfer target Jorginho tells friends Maurizio Sarri wants to take him to Chelsea

http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/10/manchester-united-and-liverpool-transfer-target-jorginho-tells-friends-maurizio-sarri-wants-to-take-him-to-chelsea-7536762/

Jorginho_Football_Statistics_WhoScored.com_-_2018-05-11_08_00.thumb.jpg.0b3cee41454977e971f85f8ad7eaf3f9.jpg

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I know its the Metro but who knows? Maybe ...............????

Hes the type of lad we need. Great link up between defence and forwards

Manchester United and Liverpool transfer target Jorginho tells friends Maurizio Sarri wants to take him to Chelsea

http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/10/manchester-united-and-liverpool-transfer-target-jorginho-tells-friends-maurizio-sarri-wants-to-take-him-to-chelsea-7536762/

Jorginho_Football_Statistics_WhoScored.com_-_2018-05-11_08_00.thumb.jpg.0b3cee41454977e971f85f8ad7eaf3f9.jpg

Hope this is true 😃😃

I think those touches are a bit misleading.  Napoli like to play it back and forth between 2 players, even when not under direct pressure.  Not saying he isn't good, but those touches and passes are inflated.  Beyond the stats, he totally passes the eye test.

6 minutes ago, gadget said:

From what ive seen looks a player. Would be a direct replacement for Fabregas just with a better defensive work/mobility. Cant see us playing both in the same side

I completely agree, Jorginho and also recently linked Jean Seri are more mobile Cesc replacements. 

I only really see us being serious about Jorginho if we bring in Sarri. If its any other manager for us he will probably end up at Man City.

what is a bit baffling is that both, jorginho and seri are already at the age Cesc was when he joined us. They are also of similarly fragile built. That beign said, I doubt they have so many km in their legs as Cesc so maybe it is not the same. But I understand the desire for signing proven quality at the best age over expensive experiments like Bakayoko.

53 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

what is a bit baffling is that both, jorginho and seri are already at the age Cesc was when he joined us. They are also of similarly fragile built. That beign said, I doubt they have so many km in their legs as Cesc so maybe it is not the same. But I understand the desire for signing proven quality at the best age over expensive experiments like Bakayoko.

TBH I think its absolutely urgent we sign experienced midfielder who can handle that role instantly. Its such crucial position that we cant afford inexperience and mistakes right now.

Althrough players like Soler, Weigl or Aouar would be incredible long term investment, they are simply not ready to lead our midfield, especialy not Aouar.

For Sari and Jorginho, they look fragile but are much more dynamic players than Cesc, dont let that deceive you. Both can also keep the ball under pressure, Seri has great balance and Jorginho awarness is probably one of best out there. He almost never loses the ball. I never liked Cesc, everyone created picture that he was midfield leader, but I never bought that shit. He played for so long, captained Arsenal, part of Barca and yet he never struck me as a leader. He always dissapeared when it mattered and he never stood his ground, be a man. I disliked him back in 2014 when he was still good player, but he always felt like a liability to me. He was main creator, main source of control and creativity in our team, but he dissapeared against every decent side and thats big problem. I wanted we get rid of him earlier, because if your main midfielder cant lead your team in big games, thats problem. But people here never saw this because of his magic pass. If we had competent midfielder, we would achieve more IMO. But regardless, he was master against shit sides which won us the title in 2015.

Seri probably fits us more, Jorginho is more of Klopp player, who dictates tempo from the back, while Seri runs with the ball, looking for right pass.

But neither is typical DM that would suit PL side apart from City or Pool, so if we go 4:3:3 next season, we would need another DM unless board gives Bakayoko another chance (which we should).

Would be nice to get Fekir, Jorginho/Seri and Bailey and play mor expansive football, but thats pipe dream.

To end it, I actualy doubt we will get any of above mentioned, I dont think we can pull it off honestly. Jorginho is linked with City and Pool while Seri has apparently feet problem and wants to move to spain. The youngsters are probably smart enough to avoid us too.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

TBH I think its absolutely urgent we sign experienced midfielder who can handle that role instantly. Its such crucial position that we cant afford inexperience and mistakes right now.

Althrough players like Soler, Weigl or Aouar would be incredible long term investment, they are simply not ready to lead our midfield, especialy not Aouar.

For Sari and Jorginho, they look fragile but are much more dynamic players than Cesc, dont let that deceive you. Both can also keep the ball under pressure, Seri has great balance and Jorginho awarness is probably one of best out there. He almost never loses the ball. I never liked Cesc, everyone created picture that he was midfield leader, but I never bought that shit. He played for so long, captained Arsenal, part of Barca and yet he never struck me as a leader. He always dissapeared when it mattered and he never stood his ground, be a man. I disliked him back in 2014 when he was still good player, but he always felt like a liability to me. He was main creator, main source of control and creativity in our team, but he dissapeared against every decent side and thats big problem. I wanted we get rid of him earlier, because if your main midfielder cant lead your team in big games, thats problem. But people here never saw this because of his magic pass. If we had competent midfielder, we would achieve more IMO. But regardless, he was master against shit sides which won us the title in 2015.

Seri probably fits us more, Jorginho is more of Klopp player, who dictates tempo from the back, while Seri runs with the ball, looking for right pass.

But neither is typical DM that would suit PL side apart from City or Pool, so if we go 4:3:3 next season, we would need another DM unless board gives Bakayoko another chance (which we should).

Would be nice to get Fekir, Jorginho/Seri and Bailey and play mor expansive football, but thats pipe dream.

To end it, I actualy doubt we will get any of above mentioned, I dont think we can pull it off honestly. Jorginho is linked with City and Pool while Seri has apparently feet problem and wants to move to spain. The youngsters are probably smart enough to avoid us too.

I totally agree but I still hope to fuck your last bit is totally wrong

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I totally agree but I still hope to fuck your last bit is totally wrong

Haha yes. Well we did splash cash for Diego replacement, the board will be probably serious to invest in new CM when Cesc leaves. But unlike with Costa, we wont get much cash for Cesc, if any at all.

Or, we will play with Cesc in first 11 for another season :rant:

14 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Haha yes. Well we did splash cash for Diego replacement, the board will be probably serious to invest in new CM when Cesc leaves. But unlike with Costa, we wont get much cash for Cesc, if any at all.

Or, we will play with Cesc in first 11 for another season :rant:

But I still think Cescy in a 3 man CM can work. Keep him behind the other 2 in deep pocket so he can have time and space to do his magic and get forwards more when possible. That way he doesn't need to defend and can make his passes upfield.

Too good to be true...

His football IQ is imposing. Both game dictating, predicting open spaces and positioning himself while defending. He is not the strongest or the fastest, but workrate is there, running is there, and really big footballing brain is there.

I think he is good enough to play in midfield two. Hell, even Cesc sometimes played in midfield two, why couldn't this guy? Miles ahead of Cesc. And also, why the hell we have three CB-s if we cannot afford one midfielder like this?

(And, as far as I know, he is playing with Hamsik and some other DMF in midfield. You think Hamsik is helping more in defense than Willian or Pedro? Really doubt it.)

7 hours ago, gadget said:

From what ive seen looks a player. Would be a direct replacement for Fabregas just with a better defensive work/mobility. Cant see us playing both in the same side

Cesc and Jorginho can play together, no reason why they can't. The majority of PL clubs will play ultra defensively.