Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread


 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today has clearly showed the bar which Chelsea must work towards reaching. At this moment we are pretty far away but the overreaction today on this forum is incredible. Sarri has been at the club

The decline in performances is a lot down to one thing, The lack of training pitch time. He is coming in, trying to teach the squad a totally different brand of football to what the players are a

I'm telling you now, to all the SarriOut supporters.... you don't know how lucky we are to have a humble manager like Sarri... a man with principle, passion, an expansive free flowing footballing phil

Posted Images

3 hours ago, DDA said:

 

Just watch. When do you see anyone in our team moving like that?? Except from Kante and maybe Pedro. 

Sarri made them play like that. 

Each of those players have sound technical ability and can see a pass with the first time ball.

We have Broccoli head dilly dallying on the ball for hours and Ross Barkley ffs.

You can see shades of SarriBall from the back at Chels but it's our attck that isn't replicating what Sarri don at Napoli. 

We just don't have the players. End of.

Damn watching video, our play is very2 similar. It is watching us play this season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DDA said:

 

Just watch. When do you see anyone in our team moving like that?? Except from Kante and maybe Pedro. 

Sarri made them play like that. 

Each of those players have sound technical ability and can see a pass with the first time ball.

We have Broccoli head dilly dallying on the ball for hours and Ross Barkley ffs.

You can see shades of SarriBall from the back at Chels but it's our attck that isn't replicating what Sarri don at Napoli. 

We just don't have the players. End of.

Look at the speed of play, look at the runs off the ball, pass and move, first time passes. We never do that here, everyone wants the ball to feet and holds it for 10 minutes and no one wants to make some effort (runs) off the ball

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DDA said:

 

Just watch. When do you see anyone in our team moving like that?? Except from Kante and maybe Pedro. 

Sarri made them play like that. 

Each of those players have sound technical ability and can see a pass with the first time ball.

We have Broccoli head dilly dallying on the ball for hours and Ross Barkley ffs.

You can see shades of SarriBall from the back at Chels but it's our attck that isn't replicating what Sarri don at Napoli. 

We just don't have the players. End of.

Look at the speed of play, look at the runs off the ball, pass and move, first time passes. We never do that here, everyone wants the ball to feet and holds it for 10 minutes and no one wants to make some effort (runs) off the ball

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm not sure when everyone started getting so negative, I thought everyone was in agreement that our goal was top 4 and hopefully we could achieve that even though it's a transition season and it was going to take time.

We seem, as a fanbase to be a bit Jekyll and Hyde.  At the start of the season it was going to turn out like AVB and Scolari and then when we get solid defensively now we're boring.  The play hasn't been what I like to watch lately but we're still on course for what we were looking for before the season started.  I hope the board can make another signing or two this window and we can consolidate our position and then try to move forward in the summer.  It will likely still be another 2 or 3 transfer windows to clear our players who don't fit and get better in, but next season should be much better to watch.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

We seem, as a fanbase to be a bit Jekyll and Hyde.  At the start of the season it was going to turn out like AVB and Scolari and then when we get solid defensively now we're boring.  The play hasn't been what I like to watch lately but we're still on course for what we were looking for before the season started.  I hope the board can make another signing or two this window and we can consolidate our position and then try to move forward in the summer.  It will likely still be another 2 or 3 transfer windows to clear our players who don't fit and get better in, but next season should be much better to watch.

It's as Kellfresh said, no one is making runs off the ball.  It's going to look like this stale LVG style game until we start linking up as a team.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our forwards need to move and create space.  Not sure there's much we can do for the rest of this season, it just doesn't seem like our front three are comfortable playing that way.  They seem to like the ball into their feet and then to hold onto it.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

It's as Kellfresh said, no one is making runs off the ball.  It's going to look like this stale LVG style game until we start linking up as a team.  

Image result for Louis van Gaal puking

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kc_blue said:

Our forwards need to move and create space.  Not sure there's much we can do for the rest of this season, it just doesn't seem like our front three are comfortable playing that way.  They seem to like the ball into their feet and then to hold onto it.  

Hazard and Willian, yes.  Pedro knows what to do, IMO.  Unfortunately, he's the only one making runs.  We're also kind of playing without a striker.  But, having 2 of the 3 like to come deep to collect the ball is not leading to goals, that's for sure.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shades of Mourinho there...

[mention=14189] clockwork[/mention]. The difference is that Sarri distinctly said that it makes us better defensively but not worse offensively. Mou just wanted the solidilty defensively and that's it. There's a massive difference there. Pep also said after we beat them that having Willian and Pedro on the wings made it harder for them to find space. So does Pep have shades of Mourinho.

 

What Sarri said was true. And we aren't worse attacking wise because of it with the current options.

 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Miguelito said:
8 hours ago, Jason said:
Shades of Mourinho there...

[mention=14189] clockwork[/mention]. The difference is that Sarri distinctly said that it makes us better defensively but not worse offensively. Mou just wanted the solidilty defensively and that's it. There's a massive difference there. Pep also said after we beat them that having Willian and Pedro on the wings made it harder for them to find space. So does Pep have shades of Mourinho.

 

What Sarri said was true. And we aren't worse attacking wise because of it with the current options.

 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Massive difference? Both Mourinho and Sarri basically felt we're better off defensively without Hazard on the wings and are we really not worse off offensively under Sarri? We are pretty much playing arguably the best player in the team out of position and have looked extremely clueless upfront, with Hazard not exactly producing a great deal as the False 9. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Massive difference? Both Mourinho and Sarri basically felt we're better off defensively without Hazard on the wings and are we really not worse off offensively under Sarri? We are pretty much playing arguably the best player in the team out of position and have looked extremely clueless upfront, with Hazard not exactly producing a great deal as the False 9. 

Morata is injured so we are left with Giroud as striker. In a game where Sarri want his strike to be more mobile, clearly this is not a option. Hazard has to play as no 9. For me this is as simple as that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After extended run of Hazard false 9, I think we can all agree that this is not a good long term solution. I honestly thought when we try it hey Messi was breaking records as false 9 under possession manager, maybe hazard can be one too. Hazard link up play is good but his movement in the box is not good enough for a no 9.

For short term, honestly what option do we have. We have pretty much given up on Morata. Giroud is pretty much a plan b guy at this point of his career. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason we are struggling is simple

these following players are not good enough,

the one exception is in Azpi, he is simply not the right kind of player in his position for Sarriball but he stays on team

for CB and RB depth or if we need to park the bus

 

its a HUGE list 

BUT

they all gotta go and be replaced (if they are a main teamer) if we want to win the title soon and win the CL again

if any of you think those two goals are asking too much

please sod right off, thank you

 

 (I didn't say skyrocket immediately, but surely within 2 to 3 years max we should at least be in the top 6 or 7 or 8 clubs in the Europe and challenging Pep and the rest for the EPL title)

 


Willy Caballero  he has to go and be replaced by a HG 
Robert Green    gone, replaced by Bulka as 3rd GK
Gary Cahill    gone
Marcos Alonso  fuck off, gone, beyond shit
Emerson    gone, he is wuthless as cant even bench the horrid Alonso
César Azpilicueta   shifted to CB, as we need a RB and LB upgrade badly and also Reece James will be backup
Davide Zappacosta gone
Mateo Kovacic back to RM, we need Barella to upgrade him, sorry it didnt work out, but we are far too shit offensively to carry this luxury player
Loftus-Cheek   He is a luck boy, as he is HG, he gets a year and half to step the hell up or he is   GONE
Danny Drinkwater    FFS SELL THIS DONKEY Already
Marco van Ginkel   as soon as knee is healed, sell him to PSV, dont care how low the price, he is a good guy, stop fucking him over
Ross Barkley   sorry mate, unless you have a wonder next 5 months, it is bye bye birdie
Lucas Piazón    sell him please, ridiculous he is still here and on the main bloody roster (another Sarri masterclass, lolol)
Willian    get this fraud off our team ASAP
Victor Moses    sell him ffs! we lose money the longer we wait
Álvaro Morata    OUT OUT OUT
Olivier Giroud   put this cart-horse up for sale

 

The ones on Loan who HAVE TO BE SOLD, we need the damn money to rebuild, especially as Eden and CHO likely leave, maybe on frees


Charly Musonda
Michy Batshuayi
Baba Rahman
Tiémoué Bakayoko 
Kenedy 
Kurt Zouma

 

 

every one of these has to go go go, and sooooon

no exceptions unless it was noted ( RLC, Azpi, maybe Barkley)

last word

if a person say no to getting Alonso and Willian the hell out, they simply do not care about winning at a high level, AND/OR they don't know football at a CL or league winning level

that goes for Sarri and the board as now constituted too, absolutely

as we will not win shit anymore, especially in this system, with those two POS as starters and I want the damn £80 to £100m we can still get for them, so we can buy actual quality players

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, communicate said:

After extended run of Hazard false 9, I think we can all agree that this is not a good long term solution. I honestly thought when we try it hey Messi was breaking records as false 9 under possession manager, maybe hazard can be one too. Hazard link up play is good but his movement in the box is not good enough for a no 9.

For short term, honestly what option do we have. We have pretty much given up on Morata. Giroud is pretty much a plan b guy at this point of his career. 

I know Morata is useless at taking the chances he gets but I was surprised we didn't play him Vs Spuds

He had just scored 2 goals the week before and tho he had a face like a smacked arse when he scored I would have thought that IF there was going to be a time his confidence was up it would have been then.

Hes scored 9 goals over 28 matches and 1220 minutes compared to Willians 5 in 46 games and 2135 minutes.

 

EDIT :: I originally put Gooners instead of Spuds but was thankfully reminded that I was a twat and unlike others I made a mistake!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The reason we are struggling is simple

these following players are not good enough,

its a HUGE list 

Agree with it all Mrs!

Time for a clean up from top to bottom if we are serious about wanting to win something.

f974f1183439db41c82ce0517d4ce0a3.gif

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I know Morata is useless at taking the chances he gets but I was surprised we didn't play him Vs gooners.

He had just scored 2 goals the week before and tho he had a face like a smacked arse when he scored I would have thought that IF there was going to be a time his confidence was up it would have been then.

Hes scored 9 goals over 28 matches and 1220 minutes compared to Willians 5 in 46 games and 2135 minutes.

When did we play Arsenal other than the one in epl early in the season? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, communicate said:

When did we play Arsenal other than the one in epl early in the season? 

hahaha I was just talking to my Gooner mate about the game and it was stuck in my mind!

I meant of course the other shite North London team!

But do appreciate being pulled up tho!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...