Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

How many games already without a goal scored? This was supposed to be the offensive one.

Whether you like it or not, we played the most attacking football in 09/10 under Carlo and in Di Matteo's second season until he got sacked.

This coach is too rigid and obsessed with his style and formation, that stuborness might cost him in the end.

1 minute ago, Bosnian Blue said:

How many games already without a goal scored? This was supposed to be the offensive one.

Whether you like it or not, we played the most attacking football in 09/10 under Carlo and in Di Matteo's second season until he got sacked.

This coach is too rigid and obsessed with his style and formation, that stuborness might cost him in the end.

The fag eaters clock is ticking

3 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

The attack under Carlo was insane but I'm pretty sure if I recall, not every single bloody team we faced parked the bus like they do now. 

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

The attack under Carlo was insane but I'm pretty sure if I recall, not every single bloody team we faced parked the bus like they do now. 

Good old days! Though when we have Morata missing nearly open goals as he has done they don't need to park the bus. 

It just seems to go nowhere. 

Sarri has several limits: no tournover, no B plan when things go wrong!
But there are also other things, for example the team don't press high well like Napoli did, some players try to press: like hazard or kante, others don't! they press later or run away back like willian or barkley (they high press don't know what is it)! this is not good for team becouse there no union and we often are uncover!

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Personally, think the talk of offensive football under Ancelotti has been greatly exaggerated by those 4 games in which we scored 7+ goals. And never mind Ancelotti, the football we played in the first half of 2014/15 and first season under Conte was much, much better than this.

Just now, Jason said:

Personally, think the talk of offensive football under Ancelotti has been greatly exaggerated by those 4 games in which we scored 7+ goals. And never mind Ancelotti, the football we played in the first half of 2014/15 and first season under Conte was much, much better than this.

Anelka and Drogba.

If we had at least one of these two now, we wouldn't even be debating this. 

I personally love the way Sarri sets up. We play nice football. We need a striker man.

17 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think people have amnesia. 

Because the same people who are clamoring city and Liverpool fail to realize they was this dire in the first season. 

It's going to take time, you be obtuse to expect much of anything this season. 

Actually City was very good offensively under Guardiola in his first season, creating loads of chances but they struggled defensively with poor full-backs and centre-backs. Same with Liverpool and Klopp. We are absolutely toothless upfront, it looks more like Van Gaal's United rather than anything resembling Klopp or Guardiola.

6 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Actually City was very good offensively under Guardiola in his first season, creating loads of chances but they struggled defensively with poor full-backs and centre-backs. Same with Liverpool and Klopp. We are absolutely toothless upfront, it looks more like Van Gaal's United rather than anything resembling Klopp or Guardiola.

Yes very good offensively, poor defensively but you can't outscore your opponent every match. Rodgers learned that at Liverpool, AVB learned that here, Pep learned it in year one... defensively we have improved under Sarri. We have the foundations just lack a few players in offensive positions to create chances.