Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Think in another 3-5 games we will really start to see the gains of his philosophy. He’s changed a bit in short time but get these boys who were st the WC up to match fitness and integrated in the squad as well as being more fine tuned with his style and we are looking at a good season. People complain still about goals but we scored 3 today, 2 from open play. How many times can we say under Conte last season we scored more than one goal from open play after December? 

With the way Sarri keeps stressing that he wants to get to know the players before appointing the captain, I doubt it's going to be Hazard just to appease him or it would have been done already. I can't see past Azpi for this, it has to be, and then either Hazard or Luiz for VC. Maybe even Cahill vice-captain if he doesn't want to upset him with stripping off captaincy completely. My choices would be Azpi and Hazard.

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

With the way Sarri keeps stressing that he wants to get to know the players before appointing the captain, I doubt it's going to be Hazard just to appease him or it would have been done already. I can't see past Azpi for this, it has to be, and then either Hazard or Luiz for VC. Maybe even Cahill vice-captain if he doesn't want to upset him with stripping off captaincy completely. My choices would be Azpi and Hazard.

Talking about cahill where is he? He didn't play no pre season games and he wasn't on the bench against huddersfield 

On 11/08/2018 at 9:21 PM, RoyalBlues said:

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!

Might be the first and last time saying that.. HELL NO

We got to say it for a day. Lolol

LPool and Shitty already look like beasts. Joe Gomez at CB was a monster, if that continues,  the Scousers might just pip Shitty, especially if they loose Fernandinho for a spell. They incredibly did not buy a DMF after getting gazumped by us for Jorginho, so zero true backup. Danilo Pereira or Leandro Paredes would have been perfect for their system. I suppose they can play Delph or Zinchenko there in a pinch and Fernandinho turns 34 during this season at the end part), so it deffo seems a possibility. That said, Mendy looks fit as hell finally and Mahrez gives them yet another dagger. 

13 hours ago, manpe said:

Will still be Cahill when he plays 100%. Would be a daft move to strip a captain of it a year after giving him it on a proper basis and plus I think it would upset a few in the locker room perhaps to see that done. He won't play every week so it will be up to the likes of Azpi, Hazard, Luiz to take on the mantle. I think it will be Azpi. 

14 hours ago, the wes said:

Talking about cahill where is he? He didn't play no pre season games and he wasn't on the bench against huddersfield 

He came on against Lyon. My guess is he's not up to speed yet in terms of fitness and Sarri has gone with those that have had minutes under their belt - e.g Christensen - on the bench.

[Pre Match] Press Conference | Chelsea v Arsenal

On Injuries and if Kovacic can feature tomorrow

"Fabregas is out. I hope he will be able to play next week. Nothing serious but he has a very unusual injury. He has a pain around the knee but not in the knee."

On if he needs to manage Hazard differently given now that De Bruyne is injured
"I don't know I haven't seen the injury of De Bruyne. Players play a lot of games in this season so I think for them is very dangerous."

On if he is worried about hazard leaving "I've spoken a lot with him in the last 10 days and he has never said anything about that, I'm sure he'll be with us this season."

On Kante "I think Kante is very quick to be ready to play. He played very well in the last match. He is ready. But for the other players of the World Cup, it's a little bit different"

Arsenal found it difficult against Man City ...what did you make of them who are also in transition "I think Emery is a very good coach, he won 3 times the EL, he won in France and I think Arsenal will be competitive. They will be able to fight for position in Champions League."

On Morata

"I'm not worried about Morata. He is a very great player. I think at this moment he needs only to gain confidence. He's a great player. ... He needs to score as all the strikers in the world, but he needs to gain confidence. He's improving so I'm not worried about him"

On his first month here

"I think it's been difficult for all the big clubs. With the friendly matches - one in Australia one in Dublin, one in France it's been difficult but we have to work, we have to work. In two months we can be a very good team"

What do you think it'll be a successful season

"I think in this season there is a club above all other - Man City. I think we have to try to do out best, to reach the 101% percent of our potential. I don't know what can happen. My feeling is that we can be a very good team. We have to work to reduce the gap."

On Kovacic

"I think he'll be very useful for us. I don't think he's ready for 90 minutes, but maybe tomorrow for the first 30, for the last 30 minutes* he can be used. In my opinion, he's a very good player and he can improve even more"

On his position
"I think he can play in the 3 midfield spots. He's a very good offensive player"