Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Just now, Atomiswave said:

He is more than likey gone. Seems the Club is more than happy to let him go, is it beacuse of fans discontent? doubt it. It also means we have a replacement in house, or at least I hope so. Allegry with either JT or Lamps as assitant wouldnt be bad at all imo. Lets see what happens the next few days.

Allegri? 

We've just endured a year of progressive football, and you want us to go back to pragmatic football? There is a reason City is lightyears ahead of us. They have a clear identity and vision, they aren't jumping from one philosophy to the next. Going back to square one season after season. 

I'd rather Lampard or Jardim. At least they can take over what Sarri started.  

This is a major clustfvck if indeed sarri leaves... the only reason I'd be OK with it is if sarri wants out himself.

However if Lamps comes in, galvanizes our super talented academy graduates and re-instills the chelsea mentality of our golden 2004-2012 years into the club and Cech ends up being an astute operator in his role, this could end up being a sort of blessing in disguise.

The only worry I see is that Lamps would have to start out his managerial career by not signing any players for the first two windows <_<

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bit scary that we might actually replace Sarri with Laurent Blanc...

Fuck that....I dont rate him one bit. much rather Sarri then.

14 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Allegri? 

We've just endured a year of progressive football, and you want us to go back to pragmatic football? There is a reason City is lightyears ahead of us. They have a clear identity and vision, they aren't jumping from one philosophy to the next. Going back to square one season after season. 

I'd rather Lampard or Jardim. At least they can take over what Sarri started.  

You think city would be light years ahead if we had Conte like his first season or the first 2 seasons with JM's second return? You make sound like it has to be like city or we cant cut it. Watch season review of 14-15 and 16-17 and see how splendid we were in attacking sense.....while being super solid all over. City has pep with immense cash, Sarri wouldnt compete with that in any case. You can sompete if you have the right manager and tactics and some backing, play to your strenghts. Doesnt have to be progressive at all costs. At the end of the day its style vs style......I think we ourselves are good example it can be done. We have always been about fast direct footy. If someone find that boring or old school then what can I say my friend. I call it winning footy, poweful and with intent.

Allegri coming is very possible though, considering he is free and I think he will suit us well. He is good manager and in some aspects I think he is better than Sarri. Would prefer Sarri to stay, as the foundation has been built here, but I would be happy with this scenario, rather than signing Lampard or Terry. Too risky.

Signing Allegri now will reminds me about Carlo signing back then.

22 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

You think city would be light years ahead if we had Conte like his first season or the first 2 seasons with JM's second return? You make sound like it has to be like city or we cant cut it. Watch season review of 14-15 and 16-17 and see how splendid we were in attacking sense.....while being super solid all over. City has pep with immense cash, Sarri wouldnt compete with that in any case. You can sompete if you have the right manager and tactics and some backing, play to your strenghts. Doesnt have to be progressive at all costs. At the end of the day its style vs style......I think we ourselves are good example it can be done. We have always been about fast direct footy.

This City side will be regarded one of, if not the best footballing sides the Premier league has ever seen.  They've smashed every record available. This success is predominantly down to having a vision. Txiki came in 2012, and since then it's been attacking/progressive football. City have never been out of the top 4 since. Liverpool look to be following the same principle and it's showed massively these past two years. 

We jump from one philosophy to the next, which in turn yo-yo's us from contenders to mid table. Instead of building upon what we start, we abandon it for something new. Back to square one. Short term thinkning. This City side and Liverpool both finished at almost 100 points, there is no way we can just switch philosophies again and expect to catch them. You are naive to think so. 

No. The most efficient thing to do is to appoint another progressive manager. 

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This City side will be regarded one of, if not the best footballing sides the Premier league has ever seen.  They've smashed every record available. This success is predominantly down to having a vision. Txiki came in 2012, and since then it's been attacking/progressive football. City have never been out of the top 4 since. Liverpool look to be following the same principle and it's showed massively these past two years. 

We jump from one philosophy to the next, which in turn yo-yo's us from contenders to mid table. Instead of building upon what we start, we abandon it for something new. Back to square one. Short term thinkning. This City side and Liverpool both finished at almost 100 points, there is no way we can just switch philosophies again and expect to catch them. You are naive to think so. 

No. The most efficient thing to do is to appoint another progressive manager. 

We will merely returning to our roots, returning to play to our strenghts. This city has pep, has had and will have enough cash to buy the EPL brand. That helps alot as we saw in pep's first season. Pool play nothing like city, they play as we used to. Fast and direct, with a good defense and alot of runners, hence they are doing good. Very very few Clubs will do what city is doing.....it takes skill from the board, we have none, it takes alot of money and to say fuck FFP, we cant do that, and it needs one of the best and proven managers, we dont have that. So to go up against that style wise will not yield titles. Where as going back to our old selves will yield better results. Thats my take anyway.

7 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Why the board will let him go so easily?!

Something isn't adding up. 

DiMarzio is reporting that this deal will not compensate us in any way. And that is merely on the basis of the 'great relationship' between Juventus and Chelsea. 

A. Great Relationship? What the fuck has Juve ever done for us? Yeah Cheers for Alex Sandro you fucking mugs. 

B. Marina, one of the best negotiators around, is willing to let Sarri, a highly valuable manager, one we broke our back for last summer, just merely go for free? :rolleyes:

#Sarri and @juventusfc also confirmed their mutual promise today: #Sarri (alone) saw Marina del @ChelseaFC reiterating his will. Missing #Abramovich final ok, but #Sarri and @juventusfc do not expect obstacles or compensation to pay @SkySport

From DiMarzio.

No compensation? :D:drunk:

5 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

#Sarri and @juventusfc also confirmed their mutual promise today: #Sarri (alone) saw Marina del @ChelseaFC reiterating his will. Missing #Abramovich final ok, but #Sarri and @juventusfc do not expect obstacles or compensation to pay @SkySport

From DiMarzio.

No compensation? :D:drunk:

I smell bull shit. 

Marina, of all people,  agreeing for no compensation? A highly valuable manager we broke our back for last summer?

We rejected a 60 million bid for Willian for goodness sake. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

I smell bull shit. 

Marina, of all people,  agreeing for no compensation? A highly valuable manager we broke our back for last summer?

We rejected a 60 million bid for Willian for goodness sake. 

no compensation tells me sarri has resigned... or will resign

Ridiculous if the club are the ones pushing him out and making way for Lampard long before he's ready. Fair enough if Sarri wants to go himself and it's he who is pushing, but that would contradict what he said just yesterday.