Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

The overreaction in here....

We haven't won a game at Old Trafford since 2013, and it has happened under every manager that we have been unable to find an elusive second goal even when deserving it.

We are in the semis in the EL. Are 4th in the league and have played some wonderful football at times this season. We also lost a final to City in penalties! We also had a really difficult journey there, the most difficult road to a final we have had for a while.

We have him giving games to Christensen, who has not really taken his chances. He has also been developing CHO and RLC very well in a short while. Ruben is becoming a very important player for us. Something Mourinho or Conte couldn't do. All this while Hazard is probably having his best season in a Chelsea shirt if we look at goal and assist input. He is also leading the league in many key stats for a winger.

He is trying to get this team to play in a way we have been calling out for since we won the CL in 2012... All while not having the players needed for it at all, except for a few players who are very hit and miss (like Luiz and Pedro).

Give the man a chance. I remember this forum talking in the same way about Conte, and now I think many miss him and blame the board for his departure. Learn to have patience in the progress, like Liverpool fans had with Klopp.

28 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Give the man a chance. I remember this forum talking in the same way about Conte, and now I think many miss him and blame the board for his departure. Learn to have patience in the progress, like Liverpool fans had with Klopp.

While its true Sarri is doing better than Klopp in his first season with Liverpool (they ended in 8th in PL), Klopp already was a proven manager back in the day. To other side Sarri is a 60 years old best known for making Napoli play exciting football for Seria A standards. If Sarri had a better CV I would agree with you.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Failed to play any youth players in the PL until Bayern knocked on the door.

This type of fans infuriate me. I was angry with Sarri when CHO got injured because he started to play CHO too often. The guy is 18,this is his first season in full flight football. But clearly there is pressure from the fans and the club to play him. 

4 hours ago, Yeboii said:

The overreaction in here....

We haven't won a game at Old Trafford since 2013, and it has happened under every manager that we have been unable to find an elusive second goal even when deserving it.

We are in the semis in the EL. Are 4th in the league and have played some wonderful football at times this season. We also lost a final to City in penalties! We also had a really difficult journey there, the most difficult road to a final we have had for a while.

We have him giving games to Christensen, who has not really taken his chances. He has also been developing CHO and RLC very well in a short while. Ruben is becoming a very important player for us. Something Mourinho or Conte couldn't do. All this while Hazard is probably having his best season in a Chelsea shirt if we look at goal and assist input. He is also leading the league in many key stats for a winger.

He is trying to get this team to play in a way we have been calling out for since we won the CL in 2012... All while not having the players needed for it at all, except for a few players who are very hit and miss (like Luiz and Pedro).

Since november, we play like crap. If it wasnt for that 10 game unbeaten run, we would be 8th aswell. 

I mean we look absolutely toothless in attack. Zero creativity or dynamic. Not to mention our defence, anyone can pop one as soon as they press us.

Next season everyone will know our plan and how to stop Jorginho, so there wont be a surprise 10 game winning run in the start. Eden might not be here. Ban might prevent us signing anyone. Sarri has done zero player development aside from RLC anf CHO who are young and naturaly progressing with play time. Azpi, Willian, any striker, Alonso, Kovacic, Jorginho, Pedro have all underpeformed. 

As for EL, we didnt play a single strong team. Lets see how we do vs Frankfurt now. As for reaching cup final, we won fa cup last year, so thats hardly something Sarri can brag about.

I dont see how are we going to be better next season.

2 hours ago, communicate said:

This type of fans infuriate me. I was angry with Sarri when CHO got injured because he started to play CHO too often. 

But CHO didn't get injured because he was being played too much, did he? It was just an unfortunate one when he tried to control a loose goal kick.

2 hours ago, communicate said:

The guy is 18,this is his first season in full flight football. But clearly there is pressure from the fans and the club to play him

Sure, there was pressure to play CHO but Sarri didn't have the balls to stick his guns, did he? He made his point to not play him often but ultimately did because of fans' protests and he got scared of losing his job!

8 hours ago, Jason said:

But CHO didn't get injured because he was being played too much, did he? It was just an unfortunate one when he tried to control a loose goal kick.

Sure, there was pressure to play CHO but Sarri didn't have the balls to stick his guns, did he? He made his point to not play him often but ultimately did because of fans' protests and he got scared of losing his job!

Not just from fans but from the club. I thought Sarri handled CHO perfectly except the last few games where I thought he should have not started all of them. 

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Sarri has done zero player development aside from RLC anf CHO who are young and naturaly progressing with play time. Azpi, Willian, any striker, Alonso, Kovacic, Jorginho, Pedro have all underpeformed. 

I have no idea how do you improve on 30+ player. I don't see pep making David silva or Fernandinho better. But he certainly make sterling better. 

8 hours ago, Jason said:

If he was surr

49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If he was surrendering to fans, then why isn't Kante at DM?

I think he started playing league games because he improved his discipline off the ball (which is important when the other winger is Hazard).

Because he could argue that Kante is scoring goals and providing assists in a more advanced midfield role.

CHO has done well when given playing time this season, Europa League or not, but had to wait till the Bayern interest, fans/media pressure, sack threats to force Sarri's hands. And let's not forget that Sarri hardly helped himself in this situation either. In November, he said CHO isn't ready but less than two months later in January after Bayern made their interest known, Sarri suddenly said CHO is ready and that he considers to be on the same level as Pedro/Willian. CHO then got some consistent game time in January but once the transfer window closed, he didn't get that again until Sarri gave in on the pressure and sack threats in March/April.

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

It isn't even the worst in the last four years, let alone since Roman took over

To me it is....the footy we play is the most boring, spineless I have seen. We consistently look clueless in all aspect.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

If he was surrendering to fans, then why isn't Kante at DM?

I think he started playing league games because he improved his discipline off the ball (which is important when the other winger is Hazard).

I agree, and overall, the team just looked much sharper with CHO in versus Wilian or Pedro at RW, he is a constant threat at RW, especially to cross the ball. Is he at a great level yet? NO, but playing more gets him closer. I hope he is fine after his injury. An Achilles blow-out is not a joke. It is serious and can affect explosiveness.

31 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

To me it is....the footy we play is the most boring, spineless I have seen. We consistently look clueless in all aspect.

Im sorry but nothing compares to 15/16 especially the Mou half of it. We were fighting relegation for half of it and never got above 9th.

This season is a Pep Barca esque season by comparison.

1 hour ago, communicate said:

I have no idea how do you improve on 30+ player. I don't see pep making David silva or Fernandinho better. But he certainly make sterling better. 

He made Fernandinho twice the player mate.

Conte also made Luiz play great in title winning season. 

Sarri on the other hand; I dont see a single player aside of CHO and Ruben that would improve as a player. 

Kovacic is the most clear example. He should flourish with regular play time and under attacking manager, but he is below average.

If the ban sticks, there's no point in sacking Sarri. Chels aren't even candidates for the title or CL. No manager can change that so keep Sarri (and Hazard) if that's the case.

If the ban does not stick, I'd like a different manager. I don't trust Sarri's eye for talent. If Chels had a proper technical director who would have the most say in player purchase and sales, then I wouldn't mind another season of Sarri at all. For example, Jorginho can never be the key man right in the centre of the pitch in a PL side with (future) title aspirations. The whole Alonso thing, Kovacic, Higuain... Chels don't want to be Napoli. Napoli didn't win shit. You need to turn it up at Chels.

Whatever happens to Sarri, this squad is not the business. A confusing defence, a soft midfield and a pathetic front line. Hazard only with a year left on his contract. Same with Odoi. Two average strikers over 30. Chels still can't sign a proper fullback...

46 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Im sorry but nothing compares to 15/16 especially the Mou half of it. We were fighting relegation for half of it and never got above 9th.

This season is a Pep Barca esque season by comparison.

At least Mou was a Winner, just won the title and Mou somehow fucked it up with his man management and not getting help by the board to build on that success......that was never our level but yet some use it as a benchmark somehow ( not talking about you per say ). This season we cant defend, we cant attack, look clueless, spineless, horrible tactics that get repeated no matter what, boring possession footy with no end product at all, same formation, same like for like subs, same stubbornness....I mean I could go on and on. Conte came and schooled epl with his way of setting up.....he was a winner, a motivator but very emotional, he expected quality backing and got none, rest is history. My point is he understood Chelsea, Sarri dont. Make no mistake, a quality manager will get you far, can build a Foundation, a standard. Sarri just doesnt cut it, he has shown nothing at all to warrant another season. If you like endless possession footy then im sure he will rock your world.....I want the fast direct Chelsea, at least if he was willing to say hey my footy isnt working, let us mix it up and be more flexable until I have my kind of player, then sure I would back him. But he aint and never will. Its his crappy way or go bust, nothing in between. Proper unfit for this Club of ours.

49 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He made Fernandinho twice the player mate.

Conte also made Luiz play great in title winning season. 

Sarri on the other hand; I dont see a single player aside of CHO and Ruben that would improve as a player. 

Kovacic is the most clear example. He should flourish with regular play time and under attacking manager, but he is below average.

I don't know how Pep improve Fernandinho. He started to play that discipline role under Pellegrini. 

Luiz ? Luiz was fantastic when we won the league playing in back 5. That is the key. It has nothing to do with improvement. He has always been error prone. You just have more cover with back 5.

Sarri has done wonder with Cho especially defensively. Still not great but much2 better. The same with rlc, tactically much improved. 

Honestly with Kovacic, I don't know. He has tons of talent but I think he is more suited to deeper role than in attacking cm role.