Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

On 4/20/2019 at 5:03 AM, BlueLyon said:

Unpopular opinion probably but I hope we are nothing like Pep anytime in the future. 

If we try to model after someone, it should be Klopp.

If not for the style, then certainly from financial aspect. City can spend twice as much as we can, while Liverpool is around the same, so reaching the top is more realistic for us if we follow Liverpool project rather than City one.

Lol this is absolutely bad argument. Signing player has nothing to do with manager. It come down to the club. 

Do you think klopp will say, no if the can sign wc player. Nope don't need him. 

On 4/20/2019 at 5:24 AM, BlueLyon said:

Well he did make City dominate league, but why?

Because he has world class attack and equaly world class back up for each of them, except for DM. Why? Because his cash pit is limitless.  However there is a problem with spending. Because all he got is a bunch of mercenaries that dont give two shits about City tbh. 

That allows him to keep his players fresh, also if Sterling injures himself, he still has Mahrez and Sane on the bench for example. Thats absolutely crazy.

Its easy to dwarf the likes of burnley, newcastle etc. But we have all seen how city struggles when they go against team that wont take shit from them, like Liverpool this and last year or Chelsea last year. 

Same is in CL, teams wont take shit from Pep, they want to win. And so far they did. Pep lost to frikin Monaco and this year to Spuds. Neither is prime Real or Barca. 

I must say Pep is a genious in his own way. He made a way to dominate the league by blasting away everything below top 6. 

He created big fish in a small pound. Whenever they play a strong determined opponent, they lose 9/10 times. 

But his City is nowhere near elite. 

His philosophy is interesting and quite special indeed. But as a manager he achieved nothing in europe since he left barca and for obvious reasons. Because he has a million flaws. No backup plan, rotates key players all the time, so he cant expect them to give 110% because they know they might not play next time, his love for ball playing CBs instead of defenders that can actualy defend etc.

He won the league with record points, but this has to be the most overrated english team I have ever seen. Some say it could be the best ever, I can only laugh. United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Pool have all had better teams, teams that won back to back titles or won CL. Even Pool has a chance now to completely outshine City if they win PL this year, nevermind CL.

I can confidently say Pep is never going to win CL with City. There are three knockout rounds to the final and there will always be at least one smaller team that will give everything to win or a big club that will simply outplay them. 

Same can be applied to Psg. I bet they would always finish in top 3 if they played in PL. But they cant do shit in CL. 

Dont get me wrong, these days he is a good coach, but nowhere near great one.

Do you think teams have 2 weeks to prepare for a match. You play games every 3 days, you can't have plan a, b, c. Every team has plan a, they change a bit but in general you play the same way. 

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

Because different team require different expectations. Jose Mourinho got fired in the 2nd term because we are in relegation zone. 

Conte got fired because honesty the moment the board didn't extend his contract in his 2nd year, I know we are going to different direction

The point is, those managers won trophies and didn't get the benefit of the doubt, didn't buy them any time (and didn't get much backing in the transfer window!) and still got the sack anyway.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

The point is, those managers won trophies and didn't get the benefit of the doubt, didn't buy them any time (and didn't get much backing in the transfer window!) and still got the sack anyway.

We were in relegation zone under Mou. Any manager in top 6/10 club will get sacked if he is in relegation zone. 

I don't know why Conte got sacked. Maybe top 4 was the target. 

For me, I don't care who the manager is. Give him two years, as long as we are not in crazy position,there is no reason to fire him. 

After two years, then you evaluate. If you think you are getting better both in term of result and performance, keep him otherwise sack him. 

Maurizio Sarri has said he believes the Champions League is overhyped. The Chelsea boss concedes Europe’s top-tier competition remains the world’s premier club tournament, but insists its importance is overstated

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/champions-league-is-overhyped-says-chelsea-boss-sarri-1.3867771?mode=amp

is this guy for real :blink: 

8 hours ago, communicate said:

What he said is actually 100% right. As Chelsea fans we should  know it better. We won ucl with awful team, yet our monster team under Mou and ancelotti didn't win it. 

UCL is a knockout competition, you need to be good but more importantly you need to be lucky 

I agree with him too. CL is a bit overrated because the winner is regarded as the best team in europe, gets all the attention etc, but its often not the truth. Real won 3 CLs, but couldnt even win la liga once during that time. Same with Chelsea when we won it. 

However regardless if we like it or not, its the prestigious tournament and if you are a big club, you have to compete there. Simple. 

Sarri has to understand that qualifying to CL is priority always. League is the better evaluation how good team actualy is, but if you compete for PL title, you will certainly qualify for CL too. 

After all, all knockout tournaments, be it world cup, CL or fa cup, luck almost always play its part.

Why did willian not make the bench and that fucking cunt Pedro did.

If sarri stays, he has a massive job to do. More off the pitch, than on it. There are so many absolute shit players in the squad. It's beyond unbelievable. Fucking get rid of the lot.

Also, the way we are performing, remove Eden from it, and you just have a disaster. We will struggle to make top6 next season without him. Would rather we play in Europa and do a serious rebooting.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The moment he took Higuain off for Giroud summed him up. A coward too scared to change no matter what's at stake.

Need an EL miracle with him at the helm.

That's it. The line up wasn't bad but his subs were.  To predictable and to like for like which doesn't add anything. It's the end of the season thought would've learnt by now

Chelsea vs Leicester 0-1 (Pedro error)

Bournemouth vs Chelsea 4-0 (Kovacic error)

Man City vs Chelsea 6-0 (Alonso error)

Chelsea vs Man Utd 0 - 2 (Alonso error)

Chelsea vs Wolves 1-1 (Luiz error)

Everton vs Chelsea 2-0 (Alonso error)

Chelsea vs Burnley 2-2 (Christensen error)

These games I've highlighted are games where we started off on the front foot, yet one individual error ruins our entire momentum. Notice who the culprits are and how we'd rate their overall performances this season. There is a concerning issue why our system continuously leads our players making individual mistakes. Mistakes that are so fucking school boy