Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread


 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today has clearly showed the bar which Chelsea must work towards reaching. At this moment we are pretty far away but the overreaction today on this forum is incredible. Sarri has been at the club

The decline in performances is a lot down to one thing, The lack of training pitch time. He is coming in, trying to teach the squad a totally different brand of football to what the players are a

I'm telling you now, to all the SarriOut supporters.... you don't know how lucky we are to have a humble manager like Sarri... a man with principle, passion, an expansive free flowing footballing phil

Posted Images

I've already stated on here a number of times that if the club decide to sack Sarri, then Lampard for me should be the replacement.

In the current market, there are no stand out managers like in previous years. The Ajax manager was a virtual unknown before three months ago, and the likes of Allegri could have the same problems as Sarri adapting to the Premier League. Somebody like Simeone would worry me massively when his biggest asset is his motivating but he can't speak a word of English.

What Lampard may lack in high level management, he has an abundance of experience at playing in the highest level of the Premier League and Champions League, in high pressure situations. I would have no doubts that he would add a winning mentality back to that dressing room.

I think the fans and board would give him time and patience which hasn't been afforded to Sarri. I don't think Sarri's grasp of the language and overall demeanour in interviews helps him endear himself in all honesty, and my biggest worry with Sarri is we'll always be one bad result from the crowd turning on him all the time.

But the key element for me is if we are going to push the youth through in this period of transition (and a transfer ban), I don't see anyone better equipped than Lampard to do this. A club legend that most of these players would have grown up through the academy watching play and train. And to top it off, if Jody Morris came back with him he'd have a right hand man who is the most experienced man around dealing with these very players, already knowing their strengths and weaknesses and how to utilise them, motivate them, etc.

What Lampard showed last night tactically and getting a young bunch of lads (some of them not even owned by the club) to run themselves into the ground for him and Derby only re-affirmed my thoughts on the matter.

Now whether Sarri should be given the boot is an entirely different question and one I must admit at present I'm very torn over.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who the fuck decides to sack sarri? First and foremost, those bunch of clueless fucks need to be sacked. Putting in a friendly even before the season has ended with no after thought that we may actually be in a final or not.

Don't care if it's Roman or those assholes. Heads seriously need to roll. If it's Roman, then fuck off. Just sell the club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites

GRACIA UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION FOR THE CHELSEA JOB

https://readchelsea.com/2019/05/16/gracia-under-serious-consideration-for-the-chelsea-job/

Watford manager Javi Gracia is said to be under serious consideration for the Chelsea job this summer.

According to a report from the Express, the Hornets boss has earned admirers at Stamford Bridge as a result of the work he has done at Watford.

It was reported earlier this week that Frank Lampard was the man that Chelsea have decided they want to replace Maurizio Sarri this summer, but that has not stopped speculation about who could be in the hot seat next season.

 

snip

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lampard surprised me. 

Him and Derby County made Championship history yesterday becoming the first team to go to the final after losing the first leg at home.

But let's not jump on Lampard yet. If he takes Derby to the PL, and pulls a Nuno in the PL next season, grab him ASAP.

IF Derby beats Villa, then the RLC injury fucks us yet again, as we now need to recall Mount (he would have in a perfect position at an EPL Derby to further his development)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

 

why is this post  in sarri's topic? they are all traumatic injuries, I don't think there is a staff specialized in the prevention of achille's tendon ruptures

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

why is this post  in sarri's topic? they are all traumatic injuries, I don't think there is a staff specialized in the prevention of achille's tendon ruptures

Achilles lesion does not require trauma. It’s usually caused by overextension and overuse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

why is this post  in sarri's topic? they are all traumatic injuries, I don't think there is a staff specialized in the prevention of achille's tendon ruptures

Because Sarri and his staff are the ones who manage the players? You can argue that CHO’s and RLC’s injuries were down to bad luck but there’s no bad luck with Kante’s hamstring injury (Sarri admitted that he shouldn’t have played him when he got the injury) and Rudiger’s knee injury, when he was seemingly rushed back early. Furthermore, we very rarely get these many serious injuries to our players before this season but now, we have 4 important players out injured.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Because Sarri and his staff are the ones who manage the players? You can argue that CHO’s and RLC’s injuries were down to bad luck but there’s no bad luck with Kante’s hamstring injury (Sarri admitted that he shouldn’t have played him when he got the injury) and Rudiger’s knee injury, when he was seemingly rushed back early. Furthermore, we very rarely get these many serious injuries to our players before this season but now, we have 4 important players out injured.

Just a while ago I was thinking at least Chelsea never had any serious injury problems like Arse or Bayern have. We always had very healthy fit team and big luck with injuries / the lack of them.

Then spring 2019 happend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Just a while ago I was thinking at least Chelsea never had any serious injury problems like Arse or Bayern have. We always had very healthy fit team and big luck with injuries / the lack of them.

Then spring 2019 happend.

I think we've always done well with minor and niggling injuries, we seem to get few of those. Or maybe we've just had the right characters over the years that would play through them without complaint.

But I think we've had our fair share of major injuries over the years just like everybody else - Cech, Robben, Ballack, etc. Not to mention Essien and Joe Cole pretty much lost their careers with the injuries they suffered with us.

Even pre Roman, Di Matteo and Casiraghi were both forced to retire under our watch. In fact the injury to Casiraghi and a major injury to Poyet during the 1998/99 season I think was the difference between us winning the title and ending up third. We only lost 3 games in the league that season and finished only 4 points behind United - that United side that won the treble no less. So much for a team that didn't exist until 2004?!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think we've always done well with minor and niggling injuries, we seem to get few of those. Or maybe we've just had the right characters over the years that would play through them without complaint.

But I think we've had our fair share of major injuries over the years just like everybody else - Cech, Robben, Ballack, etc. Not to mention Essien and Joe Cole pretty much lost their careers with the injuries they suffered with us.

Even pre Roman, Di Matteo and Casiraghi were both forced to retire under our watch. In fact the injury to Casiraghi and a major injury to Poyet during the 1998/99 season I think was the difference between us winning the title and ending up third. We only lost 3 games in the league that season and finished only 4 points behind United - that United side that won the treble no less. So much for a team that didn't exist until 2004?!

Those injuries you mentioned were pretty long ago though and some of them were just unfortunate. Same can’t exactly be said about now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think after next season he need to go. Too much animosity from the fans. It is better for both parties. 

We need to go back and hire somebody like simeone, it will suit everyone better. We will have instant success because we are back to our old identity. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, communicate said:

I think after next season he need to go. Too much animosity from the fans. It is better for both parties. 

We need to go back and hire somebody like simeone, it will suit everyone better. We will have instant success because we are back to our old identity. 

 

 

 

Fuck the old identity. I want to play like City and Liverpool. Parking the bus is boring as fuck.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Robchels said:

Achilles lesion does not require trauma. It’s usually caused by overextension and overuse.

CHO didn't play for months in this season,  RLC too. 

there are different types of trauma, they didn't get injured from the bed 

 

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Because Sarri and his staff are the ones who manage the players? You can argue that CHO’s and RLC’s injuries were down to bad luck but there’s no bad luck with Kante’s hamstring injury (Sarri admitted that he shouldn’t have played him when he got the injury) and Rudiger’s knee injury, when he was seemingly rushed back early. Furthermore, we very rarely get these many serious injuries to our players before this season but now, we have 4 important players out injured.

injuries like these happen, especially if the players are playing without any pause from two years (due to the world cup) 

liverpool: salah, firmino, henderson, keita

tottenham: kane, verthongen, winks, rose 

inter played against frankfurt with two youngsters because of the injuries 

and the list could continue

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DDA said:

Fuck the old identity. I want to play like City and Liverpool. Parking the bus is boring as fuck.

Nahh it is what most fans want. I guarantee most fans prefer the way we play under Conte. We were very defensive even when we won the league. It has always been the case for Chelsea. 

I think most Chelsea fans really envy the way pool play. Front footed, high pressing. It doesn't take a genius to understand what will happen to us playing that way. We will concede tons of goals. 

Ps :It looks like allegri is leaving juve. He is certainly an option for us. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...