Jorginho 

Kante            Barkley 

Pedro             Batshuayi         Hazard 

Compare with; 

Azpi     Christensen  Rudiger 

Moses     kante  cesc  Bakayoko  Alonso

Hazard 

Morata 

There is a huge difference between midfield and attack. Even if we keep Alonso in and Morata (sob) the midfield and wingers is a huge improvement.  He won't win the league ofcourse but I'm confident of top 4. Especially if we drop Morata for just Batsman

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It's not crazy, it's idiotic.

Indeed. I do think we'll be way better and more assertive against the small teams in the league that we struggled against last season. Sarri's play style and tactics will help massively there. I just worry about us scoring against the top sides with Morata as our striker and Willian as a starter.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Indeed. I do think we'll be way better and more assertive against the small teams in the league that we struggled against last season. Sarri's play style and tactics will help massively there. I just worry about us scoring against the top sides with Morata as our striker and Willian as a starter.

They are going to attack Alonso on the break

Just now, eemanyooel said:

I hope he gives Emerson a run of games there...cos with Alonso we won't make top 4...

At a push I dont mind him going forward but its the hoofing and slowness to get back that I dont like. But he added a few goals that if we hadn't got would have sent us further down the table

45 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Doubt we'll be signing another attacking player then if Willian is staying. Our last signing will be a Courtois replacement.

If you had told me at the end of last season that after finishing 30 points behind the champions and in 5th place our only signings all summer would be one midfielder and a keeper I'd have laughed. It's crazy. 

Watch out for another season of low goal difference margin...and the lowest scoring team of the top 6...maybe we can make top 5

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

At a push I dont mind him going forward but its the hoofing and slowness to get back that I dont like. But he added a few goals that if we hadn't got would have sent us further down the table

Sarri pattern and system of play requires positional awareness and discipline and the ability to pass and create passing options through space which Alonso cannot dream of doing let alone be able to perform that on the pitch...put together the fact that snail is faster than him...premier league can be very cruel at times slight mistake and loop hole u get punished... Now factor our inability to finish goal scoring chances....I am afraid with Alonso there is massive problem at the back....

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I cant see Alonso or Luiz shifting.

And my blinkin head keeps going back to the £60mill limit!

I remember a bunch of people shitting on that when you brought it up (60M limit).  Anyone come out and say "you know what, that may well be true"?

On one hand, it's definitely true to date.  And it looks like no one in unless we sell.  Seems like no one wants any of our last summer's mistakes.

On the other, what the hell happened to the Alisson/Courtois net (30ish?) and the Rugani monies?  

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

I remember a bunch of people shitting on that when you brought it up (60M limit).  Anyone come out and say "you know what, that may well be true"?

On one hand, it's definitely true to date.  And it looks like no one in unless we sell.  Seems like no one wants any of our last summer's mistakes.

On the other, what the hell happened to the Alisson/Courtois net (30ish?) and the Rugani monies?  

Mate. This is probably the one out of many posts Ive made thats probly bloody right! ef7abae211409c118a93e525e5068223.gif

But the big thing I just dont understand is WTF couldnt we have sold a whole barn full of wonkey donkeys and used that money on new players?

26 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Mate. This is probably the one out of many posts Ive made thats probly bloody right! ef7abae211409c118a93e525e5068223.gif

But the big thing I just dont understand is WTF couldnt we have sold a whole barn full of wonkey donkeys and used that money on new players?

No takers, would be my guess.  Especially as we always want top dollar.  Marina is pretty good at extracting that, to be fair to her.  But, getting top dollar for some of this dross will be difficult.  Especially with a shorter window.

I'm not expecting anymore deals.  IMO, nothing is going to happen until we make some sales.  And, I haven't seen/heard shit about any of our players on their way out.

The other way of looking at it, is that Sarri hasn''t seen a lot of his key players yet.  It's possible that keeping some of them, is actually backing the manager (thinking specifically Willian).  As for Drinkwater and Bakayoko?  He's not dumb, he knows they aren't needed.  But, who's buying?

8 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

No takers, would be my guess.  Especially as we always want top dollar.  Marina is pretty good at extracting that, to be fair to her.  But, getting top dollar for some of this dross will be difficult.  Especially with a shorter window.

I'm not expecting anymore deals.  IMO, nothing is going to happen until we make some sales.  And, I haven't seen/heard shit about any of our players on their way out.

The other way of looking at it, is that Sarri hasn''t seen a lot of his key players yet.  It's possible that keeping some of them, is actually backing the manager (thinking specifically Willian).  As for Drinkwater and Bakayoko?  He's not dumb, he knows they aren't needed.  But, who's buying?

Well theyre of no use to nobody just sitting around doing sod all. we over paid for most to begin with and shes trying to make money on them.

Not taking £65mill foe Willian was just daft (IF there was a bid for him in the 1st place. And I know I wont be popular but Eden at £200 mill was over priced. Sell Baks, one of the strikers,RLC and we have a nice wedge.

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well theyre of no use to nobody just sitting around doing sod all. we over paid for most to begin with and shes trying to make money on them.

Not taking £65mill foe Willian was just daft (IF there was a bid for him in the 1st place. And I know I wont be popular but Eden at £200 mill was over priced. Sell Baks, one of the strikers,RLC and we have a nice wedge.

I don't disagree.  I think they should cut their losses on Bakayoko (I admit that I was excited for him) and Drinkwater (most definitely was not), a pint and a packet of crisps would be fine.  Who's going to stump up with the crisps though?  Especially when they have to pay his wages.  He's overpaid too, it's not just the transfer fee.  I think that's the stumbling block.