Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Of course they do not have these levels of players, but as a mananger, he is pretty damn good

Juventus

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999

Milan

Serie A: 2003–04
Coppa Italia: 2002–03
Supercoppa Italiana: 2004
UEFA Champions League: 2002–03, 2006–07
UEFA Super Cup: 2003, 2007
FIFA Club World Cup: 2007

Chelsea

Premier League: 2009–10
FA Cup: 2009–10
FA Community Shield: 2009

Paris Saint-Germain

Ligue 1: 2012–13

Real Madrid

Copa del Rey: 2013–14
UEFA Champions League: 2013–14
UEFA Super Cup: 2014
FIFA Club World Cup: 2014

Bayern Munich

Bundesliga: 2016–17
DFL-Supercup: 2016

Serie A Coach of the Year: 2001, 2004
Panchina d'Oro: 2002–03, 2003–04
Ligue 1 Manager of the Year: 2012–13
IFFHS World's Best Club Coach: 2007, 2014
European Coach of the Year—Alf Ramsey Award: 2003
World Soccer Magazine Manager of the Year: 2003
Globe Soccer Awards Best Coach of the Year: 2014
Globe Soccer Awards Best Media Attraction in Football: 2014
Enzo Bearzot Award: 2014
FIFA World Coach of the Year (Runner-up): 2014
Miguel Muñoz Trophy: 2014–15
Italian Football Hall of Fame: 2015
A.C. Milan Hall of Fame

33 total trophies as player for club and country, and as a manager, plus in 3 halls of fame (Roma not listed above)

He might win the Coppa Italia but no way he'll win the Champions League or Serie A with Napoli.

Just now, the wes said:

Carlo is a great manager but I cant see him do no better what sarri did at napoli 

Oh, for sure, he is in a no win situation, agreed. They just don't have the players to win anything major at this point.

They did add  Simone Verdi (who is going to be their new number 9), CMF Fabián Ruiz (would love to have him over Vecino as well), and a really good young GK, Alex Meret (who I could have lived with as a replacement for Courtois), but I just dont see them winning Serie A or going deep in the CL.

we need to have a 

'De Laurentiis Is a Right Proper Cunt'

thread

Maurizio Sarri slammed as 'one-dimensional' by Napoli chief

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6010505/Chelsea-manager-Maurizio-Sarri-slammed-one-dimensional-Napoli-chief.html

a28737a12396296a28f711a489616ff2.png

20 hours ago, Vesper said:

we need to have a 

'De Laurentiis Is a Right Proper Cunt'

thread

+10 likes and fuck any agreement. The wanker! Lets take Mertens. The agreement surely wouldm't stand up.

9 players to fill the Marek Hamsik role for Maurizio Sarri in Chelsea's new-look midfield trio

He was vital to how Napoli played under the Italian and the Blues must find someone who can do a similar job this summer

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/chelsea-transfer-news-hamsik-sarri-14969081

I can see people (not necessarily here) talking about how Sarri's late appointment (and it was late, no doubt) will have hampered our preparation for the upcoming season.  

The way I see it, he only missed what, 2 or 3 training sessions?  If he had been appointed the day after the FA Cup, players wouldn't have had to report back earlier.  It's not like the World Cup would have been cancelled or anything.

25 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I can see people (not necessarily here) talking about how Sarri's late appointment (and it was late, no doubt) will have hampered our preparation for the upcoming season.  

The way I see it, he only missed what, 2 or 3 training sessions?  If he had been appointed the day after the FA Cup, players wouldn't have had to report back earlier.  It's not like the World Cup would have been cancelled or anything.

He would have had much more time to settle in. Get used to his surroundings, Check out players that he had no clue about. Whether face to face or their records etc.

Of course its a big help if a new manager is in early. just as its a problem when 5 of your starters dont come back to see this new manager till a week before the season starts.

49 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

He would have had much more time to settle in. Get used to his surroundings, Check out players that he had no clue about. Whether face to face or their records etc.

Of course its a big help if a new manager is in early. just as its a problem when 5 of your starters dont come back to see this new manager till a week before the season starts.

Right, but I would think that he's been looking at the squad for a while now.  Long before he was appointed. 

It would have been nice to have it all wrapped up so the players knew what was coming.  But, I don't necessarily think that the late appointment has really affected how long it will take the team to gel under his new methods.

8 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Right, but I would think that he's been looking at the squad for a while now.  Long before he was appointed. 

It would have been nice to have it all wrapped up so the players knew what was coming.  But, I don't necessarily think that the late appointment has really affected how long it will take the team to gel under his new methods.

Oh  I do. You can see they are finding it hard to keep the triangles, moving into channels and keeping the ball flat to the ground. Its a very big change. Harder than the Conte swap I reckon.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Oh  I do. You can see they are finding it hard to keep the triangles, moving into channels and keeping the ball flat to the ground. Its a very big change. Harder than the Conte swap I reckon.

Right, but 2-3 extra days on the training pitch wouldn't have that sorted out any earlier, really.  Which is all he missed.

14 hours ago, Unionjack said:

+10 likes and fuck any agreement. The wanker! Lets take Mertens. The agreement surely wouldm't stand up.

9 players to fill the Marek Hamsik role for Maurizio Sarri in Chelsea's new-look midfield trio

He was vital to how Napoli played under the Italian and the Blues must find someone who can do a similar job this summer

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/chelsea-transfer-news-hamsik-sarri-14969081

Decent article but they left out just a shit tonne of other options

Talisca:wub:   in January we need to buy this one when Chinese loan ends!

Julian Draxler  :wub:  PSG hardly hear shit about him atm! he would be immense in Hamsik role, my overall second choice

Tanguy Ndombélé  :wub:   Lyon    most versatile MF left on market, my 3rd overall choice, would be AMAZING in Sarriball

Kai Havertz   Bayer Leverkusen  19yo superstar in the making, one for next year perhaps

Max Meyer (free agent, so no fee) a true wild card, has immense talent, I think he needs out of Germany to reach potential and get away from madhouse level pressure

Mateo Kovacic  Real Madrid 

Lorenzo Pellegrini   Roma,     22yo   Monchi says is for sale for right price

Houssem Aouar  Lyon

Bruno Fernandes  Sporting

Carlos Soler   Valencia, 21 yo potential great

Leandro Paredes  Zenit

Rafinha   Barca  Thiago's little brother

Roberto Gagliardini  Inter, far better than Vecino

Dennis Praet     Sampdoria

Manu Trigueros      Villarreal (poor mans Fabregas, a great passer)

Pablo Fornals  Villarreal

Nicolò Barella  Caglairi   LPool want him too

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Decent article but they left out just a shit tonne of other options

Talisca:wub:   in January we need to buy this one when Chinese loan ends!

Julian Draxler  :wub:  PSG hardly hear shit about him atm! he would be immense in Hamsik role, my overall second choice

Tanguy Ndombélé  :wub:   Lyon    most versatile MF left on market, my 3rd overall choice, would be AMAZING in Sarriball

Kai Havertz   Bayer Leverkusen  19yo superstar in the making, one for next year perhaps

Max Meyer (free agent, so no fee) a true wild card, has immense talent, I think he needs out of Germany to reach potential and get away from madhouse level pressure

Mateo Kovacic  Real Madrid 

Lorenzo Pellegrini   Roma,     22yo   Monchi says is for sale for right price

Houssem Aouar  Lyon

Bruno Fernandes  Sporting

Carlos Soler   Valencia, 21 yo potential great

Leandro Paredes  Zenit

Rafinha   Barca  Thiago's little brother

Roberto Gagliardini  Inter, far better than Vecino

Dennis Praet     Sampdoria

Manu Trigueros      Villarreal (poor mans Fabregas, a great passer)

Pablo Fornals  Villarreal

Nicolò Barella  Caglairi   LPool want him too

I genuinely think the more likely for that position from that article are the 3 players already on our books as opposed to Hamsik, Pjanic, SMS and Thiago.

Also your list, again more likely to be somebody already here than anybody from there. Also Anderson Taliscia?!? I hope your joking. This isn’t FIFA lol. There’s a reason he is in China. 

I quite like Max Meyer, he did a decent job playing as a 6 for Schalke, is a decent talent but he is signing for Palace apparently.

Youd think we might add one, maybe 2 in MF if Bakayoko and Drinkwater can be shifted and RLC goes on loan but even then I hardly doubt it’s going to be a huge buy (hoping Milinkovic-Savic comes out of nowhere but). Jorginho needs a back up and maybe someone to play more further forward although Cesc and Barkley can defos do that job and I think that Barkley has done alright so far. Jorginho and Kante will play most games though and I imagine if we sign one more MF player it will more likely be a low key player to provide back up to Jorginho as it would be stupid to not have somebody incase he gets injured/fatigued.

14 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I genuinely think the more likely for that position from that article are the 3 players already on our books as opposed to Hamsik, Pjanic, SMS and Thiago.

Also your list, again more likely to be somebody already here than anybody from there. Also Anderson Taliscia?!? I hope your joking. This isn’t FIFA lol. There’s a reason he is in China. 

I quite like Max Meyer, he did a decent job playing as a 6 for Schalke, is a decent talent but he is signing for Palace apparently.

Youd think we might add one, maybe 2 in MF if Bakayoko and Drinkwater can be shifted and RLC goes on loan but even then I hardly doubt it’s going to be a huge buy (hoping Milinkovic-Savic comes out of nowhere but). Jorginho needs a back up and maybe someone to play more further forward although Cesc and Barkley can defos do that job and I think that Barkley has done alright so far. Jorginho and Kante will play most games though and I imagine if we sign one more MF player it will more likely be a low key player to provide back up to Jorginho as it would be stupid to not have somebody incase he gets injured/fatigued.

Talisca is only in China because Benfica had huge FFP issues and Guangzhou Evergrande paid a huge loan fee. He is a baller.

On 27/07/2018 at 0:22 AM, Mana said:

This squad got us 5th place! 30 points behind the leaders! Least goals scored! 2nd worst defense in 5 years! Broke new bad records! Jorginho isn't going to help us go very clear above the top 4 line.

This squad was 5th because Conte did a poor job last season. As simple as that.

With the current squad a top 4 finish is mandatory, specially when the manager is supposed to be a "seria winner'.

If you look back at last season, the team didn't get a top 4 finish for losing games at home for teams like Burnley, and getting trashed by Bournemouth at home and losing 4-1 to Watford. Are you telling me Burnley, Bournemouth and Watford have better squads? 

Despite winning PL in 2015 and 2017, since 2011 in this forum people keep saying the squad is below average (usually to save the manager's ass from any kind of criticism).  A team with Kante, Hazard and Courtois (3 of the best players in the last WC) is good enough to end the season inside the top 4, and imo its manager fault if he fail to do so.

In other positions the squad is also full of decent players. People say William is "trash" (most people say so because they are angry that he showed Conte no respect), but when teams like Barcelona and United are looking after him, we should think twice if he is really that shitty. 

Chelsea squad is not only better than Spur's squad, but WAY better, and is in same level as Liverpool team.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

I don't know where to start because this is almost all wrong.

Conte did a poor job last season, fair enough. But the squad at all didn't help Conte. You mentioned for example the 4-1 loss to Watford, but that game is more of the players' fault then Conte's.

Burnley, Bournemouth and Watford don't have better squads then us because it reflects on the table. But having a gameplan and having determination can overcome such things. If the players don't play for the manager, they are all just as guilty.

Oh come on! Winning the PL in 2015 and especially 2017 were paper over the freaking cracks, in addition to having Costa over Morata. Massive difference in quality as a CF.

A team of Kante, Hazard and Courtois isn't enough and you are deluded (sorry) if you think that's enough for top 4. The squad is below average compared to the top 6 (I'll get to that in a minute). When you have teams who have players that can score 20+ goals, compared to a team who is right now couldn't even score more than 1 in a single match.

Willian is trash. Look at his performances over the years. Last season for example, he had a short 3 game spell of being untouchable but before and after? Shite. A headless chicken. He was poor in the WC too. This isn't me being angry with him because of what he did with Conte.

Chelsea's squad isn't better than those teams at the moment. That's kind of fact. Not only because they finished above us this season, but they are far more balanced then we are. We may have a solid GK, good defense, solid MF, but a disgraceful ATK. Spuds have "decent" across all the board with a solid ATK. Liverpool has been slowly fixing their terrible defence, but otherwise have a blistering ATK. Liverpool are currently the 2nd favourites to win the PL.

I don't know where you got the idea that we are "better" than these squads. We are still struggling to beat Arsenal mind you!

If we failed to get top 4 this year, don't put the blame on Sarri (unless his tactics were questionable), but blame the board for their yet again terrible transfers and the players. I don't need to name the players who I think will let us down completely.

So long story short, were shit and our rivals are amazing?