Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

He still uses Henderson now. Southgate also uses him. 

Mignolet is an average keeper, just like Kepa. If Courtois wasn't around, he'll be Belgium's #1.

Lovren, I'll give you.

We fecking have Jorginho, the engine of Sarriball. He has been average so far, it's not like he is doing wonders. No assists in over 2,000+ minutes for the club, 1 goal so far.

Don't just use the Bournemouth game as an example. Because I can come back with the Spuds away, Everton home league games (I can go on but you know).

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Really? Pedro missed 4 league games this season while Willian missed 1 and the latter has played 1,542 minutes compared to the former's 1,165.

When all 3 players have been available and Sarri has picked a striker.

Huddersfield away and Arsenal home Hazard was on the bench due to not yet being fully fit and Willian not Pedro made way when Eden came on.

Newcastle away Hazard and Pedro

Bournemouth at home Hazard and Willian

United at home Hazard and Willian but was Pedro's first game back after injury

Palace at home Hazard was on the bench again as not fully fit, Willian was, like the first two games, the one to make way.

Everton home Hazard and Willian

Spurs away Hazard and Willian

Fulham at home Hazard and Pedro

Wolves away Hazard and Willian (but it was a rotated team where even Jorginho was rested)

Spurs at home Hazard and Pedro

Bournemouth away Hazard and Pedro

Ok maybe Willian got the nod more than i realized but he's still been benched more times than an average "managers golden child"

At absolute most Willian is an equal to Pedro and the myth Willian is an untouchable starter is just that. Unless Pedro has a long layoff or Higuain bombs so badly we have to go back to false 9 i'm sure he will be on the bench as much, if not more often than he starts.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

He still uses Henderson now. Southgate also uses him. 

Mignolet is an average keeper, just like Kepa. If Courtois wasn't around, he'll be Belgium's #1.

Lovren, I'll give you.

We fecking have Jorginho, the engine of Sarriball. He has been average so far, it's not like he is doing wonders. No assists in over 2,000+ minutes for the club, 1 goal so far. But I agree, it doesn't takeaway the fact we have poor players that constantly playing.

Kepa is a quality all round keeper, if he wasn't the media would be killing him.

As for Jorginho, the Napoli fans on this link explain the situation with him better than i can.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sscnapoli/comments/ahqt5a/questions_about_sarri_and_jorginho/#ampf=undefined

8 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

...78031b6d5aca3bb86df9be8538be888a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lol....

Somebody please tell Sarri he might not have all the time to play his football before alonso willian and jorginho send him through the exit door...

26 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Funny how Maurizio is using Kloop and Pochettino as epitome of managers of successful clubs yet they are combined 8 years in England without trophy and he can win hes first in a couple of weeks after just six months here and probably will win something this season. 

People like to compare Sarri with Guardiola or Klopp so much...if anything, Sarri is heading down the same route as Van Gaal at Man United.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

People like to compare Sarri with Guardiola or Klopp so much...if anything, Sarri is heading down the same route as Van Gaal at Man United.

Van Gaal actually had a relatively positive first season at United and it looked like he would do good, it was the second season things went South.

If Sarri has a similar second season then fair enough, no arguments, he goes.

We might have to get rid of two of our best players (Hazard and Kante) in order to make Sarriball work.

Hazard hogs the ball, isn't as creative as Iniesta or as direct as proper winger. He isn't very good at pressing the teams so does he really have a future in this system? I hope he does but I am a little sceptical. What I don't like about Hazard is that he's not a leader, not a superstar like Ronaldo that will whip his team after a defeat. Hazard is better when he plays alongside other great players that take some of the spotlight away from him but as a lone superstar we are expecting too much from him. And let's not even mention the never-ending love affair between him and Real Madrid. It might be the right time to let him go :(

Kante is amazing player and a person but there's no role for him in this system and especially in games where we have more than 60% of the ball. Playing him in that role will always feel like a compromise – I don't feel like I'm watching a midfield that's balanced enough to win trophies. He's been good and has improved over the season but he's still far from being a great player in that position. I think we need a more creative, stronger and meaner player in that position that can score 15 goals a season.

Finally I do have to mention Jorginho. Yeah he's good at making that first transition (we're better at playing from the back than ever before) but is he really necessary when we've got defenders with the abilities to move the ball quickly and accurately. He's awfully limited player and we would really have to build a whole new midfield around his deficiencies which isn't generally how great teams are formed. He won't ever be as good as Busquets so even if we had prime Iniesta and Xavi in midfield would we be able to compete at the highest level?

I'm still with Sarri and I hope the board are too. However, it's a long road ahead of us and with plenty of personnel changes. How many here would be willing to sacrifice Kante and Hazard and rebuild the team for Sarriball? By selling those to we would get enough money to "start over" but do we really trust the board to invest that money wisely? Selling our two best players and buying a full dozen of Drinkayokos would be the stuff nightmares are made of.

Just now, Tomo said:

Van Gaal actually had a relatively positive first season at United and it looked like he would do good, it was the second season things went South.

The results were mixed at best, just like us right now, and there were plenty of complaints of his dull football back then, again like us right now.

22 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

...78031b6d5aca3bb86df9be8538be888a.jpg

As someone rightly said to me on Twitter, if his main football is working well, why would he change? Why would he change from Plan A to B if the former is working?

Sarri was asked about having Plan B and he clearly answered it with something else.

As someone rightly said to me on Twitter, if his main football is working well, why would he change? Why would he change from Plan A to B if the former is working?
Sarri was asked about having Plan B and he clearly answered it with something else.
But his plan A is shit atm...

17 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

But his plan A is shit atm...

plan A or plan B: the problem is that the players have too much power in this club

they are sick with a coach? they begin to lose against anyone obliging the  board to sack the coach 

people like hazard, willian, david luiz should be an example for the others players, and they are so, but in negative 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

One thing I am glad is there are few fans who still support Sarri. Albeit in the minority.

I really hope we don't sack Sarri. I have been waiting for years for us to hire attacking coach, now we have one and imo a really good one. We need to give him opportunity to change our team. I will give him at least 2 seasons. 

These players revolted against Conte, they accused him of being defensive, they ridiculed him and got him sacked. Now we have hired an attacking, possession based coach for them and they are throwing their toys out at the pram again??? I wont take it, the crybaby players have to reap what they sow...

2 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I think that's also poor defending from Juve (was that Bonucci rushing down from his position?) but it really highlights one big problem in this team. We don't have the type of LCM that is required. Barkley, Kovacic and RLC don't know how make that run into to space I'm afraid

8 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

These players revolted against Conte, they accused him of being defensive, they ridiculed him and got him sacked. Now we have hired an attacking, possession based coach for them and they are throwing their toys out at the pram again??? I wont take it, the crybaby players have to reap what they sow...

Having an attacking-based coach is fine, but having one who is stubborn, inflexible, rigid at the same time? Yeah, there's an issue with that.

5 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I think that's also poor defending from Juve (was that Bonucci rushing down from his position?) but it really highlights one big problem in this team. We don't have the type of LCM that is required. Barkley, Kovacic and RLC don't know how make that run into to space I'm afraid

You don't need a genius to exploit that kind of space if a team ever leave that huge space to attack.