JT red card appeal

NOTW

TERRY RED APPEAL

LUIZ FELIPE SCOLARI is considering an appeal against Chelsea skipper John Terry’s red card on Saturday.

Terry was sent off by ref Mark Halsey in Chelsea’s 3-1 win at Manchester City — a decision slammed by team-mate Frank Lampard. It rules Terry out of next Sunday’s showdown with Manchester United.

But Blues boss Scolari confirmed he will speak to his bosses before deciding whether to appeal.

He said: “I let the referee make decisions but I will speak to the players and the board because I don’t have any idea what happened.”

The England captain was dismissed for bringing down Jo. It was the first time he has been shown a straight red card in his career.

And Lampard said: “It’s disappointing. I’ve never seen a player get sent off for a professional foul with two players behind him.

“The same thing happened in the Liverpool- Manchester United game but Nemanja Vidic was only shown a yellow card. But that’s the way it is.

“I think we are growing. We have started the season very well but we will get better.”

Just typical that 99% of the time you'll get a yellow for that, yet its that 1% thats left to us :whistling:

Ref was a right cocky cunt.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rule says it can be a red only if there was no one behind Terry and Terry pulled the advancing striker down. But Carvalho was 2-3 yards behind Terry which that Pot Belly failed to see. So I think its fair that Terry should be handed a yellow and not a Red.

Guest Lampards Bitch

Even from where I was yesterday in that shit hole of a place we could all tell it wasnt a sending off. Neither was it a free kick to lead to their goal.

Well the officials mustve realised they were wrong because they changed their reason why he was sent off. Now they are saying he never sent him off for being last man but he was sent off for serious foul play. lmao serious foul play?! so he assaulted him violently? come on ffs, these ppl aint got a fucking clue.

Apparently if you get sent off for serious foul play, if you fail the appeal, you get a 3 game ban instead of the one (even tho i thought a straight red was 3 anyway...). At the end of the day tho, he'll get it recinded because they know they were wrong.

Theres nothing to worry about.

Well the officials mustve realised they were wrong because they changed their reason why he was sent off. Now they are saying he never sent him off for being last man but he was sent off for serious foul play. lmao serious foul play?! so he assaulted him violently? come on ffs, these ppl aint got a fucking clue.

Apparently if you get sent off for serious foul play, if you fail the appeal, you get a 3 game ban instead of the one (even tho i thought a straight red was 3 anyway...). At the end of the day tho, he'll get it recinded because they know they were wrong.

Theres nothing to worry about.

So they will rescind it just because they know they were wrong? Really?

Well the red was for serious foul play, not for being last man. This red will be rescinded because that challenge was by no means serious foul play or violent conduct in any way shape or form. If they had said last man, it would probably have been rescinded but serious foul play, definitely will be rescinded.

Obviously i we cant guarantee it will be rescinded but i'm pretty sure it will be. If pulling someones shirt is seriously violent then maybe we're in serious problems lol

I know that but we'll see. I strongly believe it will be rescinded. And if its not....we have Alex :P Man utd have no Vidic and no Ronaldo so it aint a real hardship. They are really struggling to score goals atm. If we're gonna have JT out of a Chelsea - Man Utd game, this is probably not a bad time to have it happen. Even tho saying that, we're over due losing at home and in 2008.

Edited by OllieCFC

JT was bloody mad to risk that yesterday, wasn't a red card obviously but he had enough cover not to be grabbing players round the waist anyway. 3-1 up and he gave Halsey the excuse.

I've already seen press articles questioning the way Terry was having a go at the ref after the card - the FA will love that! There's no way that card will be rescinded.