Joao Felix

I think this kid still has a way to go and develop (I would have been worried about him coming over here at his age currently) but the potential is clearly there.

Big fee but it could be a masterstroke for Atletico to slot into the Griezmann role and for the lad I also think it is an excellent move going to an extremely stable club which will give him both the time and patience but also the platform to develop and realise the huge potential he has.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Does this do anything to change Atleti's interest in Alvaro for next season?

Felix is not a pure CF (atm), he is a SS and winger, a floater, so I would assume Simeone will still want a classic CF.

Atletico basicaly just thrown 120m to develop a player who will leave to a bigger club if he develops well and generate some profit, but if he flops, they will never sell him for even half.

Sure they are losing Griezmann, but you would think they will invest smarter. 

They lost Lucas, Juanfran, Godin and Luis which is basicaly their entire defence, plus Rodri. And their best player Griezmann. 

Now they bought kid who done jackshit in his career, a 32 year old CB Filipe and just above average Llorente from Real. 

Its funny how all these clubs have more cash than ever but they have become so dumb.

Atletico basicaly just thrown 120m to develop a player who will leave to a bigger club if he develops well and generate some profit, but if he flops, they will never sell him for even half.
They lost Lucas, Juanfran, Godin and Luis which is basicaly their entire defence, plus Rodri. And their best player Griezmann. 
Now they bought kid who done jackshit in his career, a 32 year old CB Filipe and just above average Llorente from Real. 
Its funny how all these clubs have more cash than ever but they have become so dumb.
That's what happens when you have more money than sense.

They can make such signings and still be in the green.

On 28/06/2019 at 2:06 AM, BlueLyon said:

I think it theres one thing Atletico have successfully done is remain competitive despite losing their best players.

Joao Felix may not have done much but they havent been as excited about a young player in Portugal since Ronaldo probably, which considering the talent they are producing now a days says a lot (some very good players coming through, as usual with Porto, Sporting and Benfica). €120m for a 19 year old who if he does well will make them a huge profit, if you think 120m is a lot now a days wait say 4 or 5 seasons down the line big clubs will probably end up paying closer tl 200m for 19/20 year olds off the likes of Porto, Benfica, Monaco, etc. Its not his fault or Atleticos fault that Benfica put a release clause to protect themselves in his contract, is it? 

Also Filipe isnt maybe an exceptional player or a well known one but if theres one thing Atletico recruit well on, its defenders. 30 year old or not. Even then you look at the likes of Godin, Filipe Luis, Miranda, Gimenez regardless of age all came from smaller clubs and improved under Simeone, who is one of the best managers at extracting things and pushing players to their full potential. Its no surprise Griezmann became much much better at Atletico under Simeone. Or Costa the first time.

Also, yes Marcos Llorente isnt Rodri and wasnt really utilised at Madrid but again, I think he will come on at Atletico. Look at Thomas Parteys progression for instance. Regular minutes under a guy who played that same position? None of its a dead cert but Atletico will be fine. Simeone is definitely capable of rebuilding the team hes lost Falcao, Courtois, Gabi, Costa, Luis, Turan, etc before and replaced them with obscure buys in some peoples eyes but it worked.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Vesper said:

Amazing player and he suits that style of play......what did he cost 113M or something? I just cant see us pull such a player off, we dont have the ambition or balls, yeah its ALOT of money but it was evident he would be quite good. THey took the Griezman money and spent it all on him, thats an astute board with ambition.

On 8/11/2019 at 1:30 PM, Atomiswave said:

Amazing player and he suits that style of play......what did he cost 113M or something? I just cant see us pull such a player off, we dont have the ambition or balls, yeah its ALOT of money but it was evident he would be quite good. THey took the Griezman money and spent it all on him, thats an astute board with ambition.

I think it was rather stupid tbh. They invested all Griezmann money in one player coming from one good season.

And if he flopped, its big mistake.

If he explodes as expected, he will likely leave to Barca/Real/etc eventualy.

It always takes balls to take gambles, but Felix for 120m or so is probably the stupidest deal ever. You get world class player for that money.

32 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I think it was rather stupid tbh. They invested all Griezmann money in one player coming from one good season.

It always takes balls to take gambles, but Felix for 120m or so is probably the stupidest deal ever. You get world class player for that money.

He's an investment

33 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He is quality, and only gonna get better. They dont miss Griezmann one bit and he is super cool when chances come. He will prove to be worth every dime but yeah likely will jump ship in years time. AM know what they are doing, heck of alot more than our board thats for sure. He will repay them back plenty.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You